Rad Tech Minutes 2010.10.06

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


  • Ellie Avraham - Philips
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • David Clunie - CoreLab (co-chair)
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo - RSNA
  • Brad Erickson - RSNA
  • Lynn Felhofer - Tech Proj Mgr
  • Dave Heaney - McKesson
  • Kinson Ho - AGFA
  • Chris Lindop - GE (co-chair)
  • Cor Loef - Philips
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA
  • Paul Morgan - Fujifilm
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Toshiba
  • Antje Schroeder - Siemens
  • Ergin Soysal
  • Alexis Tzannes - Aware


Performed technical review and effort estimate for the following detailed profile proposals:

* Complete the Work on Imaging Object Change Management

  • Kinson Ho reviewed the detailed proposal
  • Development of additional DICOM standards may be required to support identified use cases
  • White paper has broad scope; committee should carefully select use cases to develop into profile(s)
  • New work items proposed for current cycle:
  • Confirm any new use cases
  • Review use cases and solutions in white paper; probably currently covers 60% of the identified use cases
  • Incorporate use cases identified in PIR and MAWF and expand across enterprises
  • Kinson willing to act as author and engage contribution from users like Canada Health Infoway
  • Work item includes developing profile and updating white paper for internal reference
  • Action Item: Kinson to resubmit as detailed profile proposal by Oct. 18 for discussion on Oct. 21 tcon
  • Work budget estimate: 30%

* Cross-Community Access - Images (XCA-I)

  • Deferred; currently no detailed proposal has been submitted
  • Motion: Committee approves deferring discussion of XCA-I profile proposal
  • Passed with four abstentions
  • New teleconference to discuss XCA-I scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 21, 12:00pm CT
  • Action Item: Chris Lindop to completed detailed proposal and submit to committee for review by Oct. 18

* Technical Framework Maintenance

  • Kevin O'Donnell reviewed plan for CP management and table of current CPs
  • Backlog of assigned CPs needs to be addressed
  • Refactoring of Image Display actor is potentially a significant work item
  • Refactoring of HL7 transactions would also be a significant work item
  • Committee needs to set a time allotment for maintenance and address projects as possible within that limit
  • Work budget estimate: 20%

* 2011 Technical Committee Meeting Planning

  • Consider holding Tech Cmte meeting in association with ITI, PCC, PCD, QRPH domains in Toronto Feb. 7-10
  • Timing does not work with planned development cycle; continue with planned January meeting schedule
  • Next Steps:
  • Tech Cmte Teleconference: Oct. 21, 12:00-1:00pm CT; review XCA-I and IOCM detailed profile proposals
  • Tech Cmte Teleconference: Oct. 22, 1:00-11:30am CT; review Management of Radiology Report Templates; Reporting Workflow Revision; SWF-Image Exchange option
  • Tech Cmte Meeting (RSNA HQ, Oak Brook): Nov. 16-18; initial profile development

Radiology Technical Committee