Rad Plan Minutes 2016-04-05

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

IHE Radiology Planning Committee Tcon Minutes - Tuesday, April 5th, 2016 (1.5 hours)

  • 1.) Welcome and Introductions (5 min - Mike Bohl, Teri Sippel Schmidt)
    • IHE Radiology Planning Committee Roster
    • Teri Sippel Schmidt (Karos Health)
    • Jason Nagels (HDIRS)
    • Rady (Innowave)
    • Bill Klaver (IBM/Merge)
    • Mike Bohl (Radiology Group)
    • Peter Mildenberger (IHE Germany)
    • David Kwan (CCO)
    • Wim Corbijn (Philips)
    • Jeff Sunshine, RSNA
    • Mark Kammerer, IHE Germany
    • Shei Ornelas (California Medical Business Service)
    • Kevin O'Donnell (Toshiba)
    • David Clunie (PixelMed)
    • Cezary Klimczak (Leafsprout Technologies)
    • Elliot Silver (McKesson)
    • Kinson Ho (McKesson)
    • David Mendelson, MD, RSNA
    • Johnny Eriksson, (Telemedicine Clinic)
    • Robert Horn (Agfa)
    • Adam Kielski, RSNA
    • Chris Carr, RSNA
    • Jamie Kontos, RSNA
    • Nichole Drye-Mayo, RSNA


  • 2.) Agenda Review and Adjustments (5 min- Mike Bohl, Teri Sippel Schmidt)


  • 3.) General IHE Radiology Update (25 min total)
    • 2015-2016 Technical Committee progress on profiles (5 min- Kinson Ho, Chris Lindop)
      • REM-NM - progressing very well. Ready for Trial Implementation.
      • XRR-WD ready to publish for Public Comment not Trial Implementation. Will schedule calls to review comments as they are received. Final review will be tied in with November 1-4, 2016 meeting.
      • Japanese National Extension will be published for review and a CP ballot will be sent.
      • Agreement with how to proceed with MHDI alignment w/FHIR. Updating CP.
    • 2015-2016 Technical Committee plans for next Fall meeting date (5 min- Kinson Ho, Chris Lindop)
      • November 1-4, 2016 at RSNA in Oak Brook, IL
    • 2015-2016 Technical Committee progress on CPs (5 min- Kinson Ho, Chris Lindop, Kevin O'Donnell)
      • Cleared 15 CPs in this cycle. 10-11 submitted this cycle. Ballot going out this week. Lot of effort put into Japanese National Extension. Very nice structure. Good example for committees that want to do a significant National Extension.
    • Connectathons: brief overview January NA 2016 Connectathon, European Connectathon plans - Radiology profile participation (5 min- Lynn Felhofer)
      • Connectathon monitor spreadsheet summary shows insufficient registration for most Radiology profiles/actors to obtain credit/star. Need a sufficient group of products in the same place/year. May want to provide direction and emphasis on a specific profiles/actors at a specific Connectathon. Having no core anchor profile (e.g., SWF.b) to test with makes major impact on what other profiles may want to test. IHE USA Board discussed finding ways to incentivize someone to bring a core legacy system (e.g.., RIS). No final answer but idea had a warm reception. Some profiles are anchor profiles. Vendors may test anchor profile and then secondary ones.
      • Action: Schedule a call for this subject. Send invited to IHE Rad Tech and DCC list.
    • 2016-2017 IHE Wiki page for next cycle is up and ready to go. Should proposal authors be specifically requested to participate again? (5 min- Teri Sippel)
      • Already received a proposal for the next cycle, Quality-Controlled Image Transfer presented by Dr. Marc Kammerer, IHE Germany.
      • Teri will email profile proposal submitter's from 2015-2016 cycle asking them to resubmit for new cycle.


  • 4.) Set rest of dates for PC for 2016-2017 cycle - PROPOSED (20 min - Mike Bohl, Teri Sippel Schmidt)
    • RSNA Call (email) to Submit Brief Profile Proposals - about June 15, 2016
    • RSNA Reminder (email) to Submit Brief Profile Proposals - about July 10, 2016
    • Deadline to submit Brief Profile Proposals on wiki - August 15, 2016, midnight CT
    • PC VOTES on Short List of profiles - week of August 22nd, 2016 - Action: Nichole will send Doodle to determine exact date and time
      • PC members allowed at least one week to read all profiles and determine their voting priorities
    • Detailed Proposals for Short Listed Profiles due - Friday, Sept 2nd, 2016 (the following Monday is Labor Day in the States)
      • Profile editors allowed at least one week to develop additional sections to go from Short to Detailed proposals
    • TC review Detailed Proposals and provides levels of effort estimates - by Tuesday, Sept 20th, TC is complete
      • TC allowed at least two weeks to review Detailed Proposals and determine estimates
    • PC VOTES on final selection of Proposals - week of Sept 26th, 2016 - Action: Nichole will send Doodle to determine exact date and time; trend towards end of week of Sept 26th
      • PC members allowed at least one week to read all profiles and effort levels and determine their final voting priorities
    • TC Meeting to complete XRR-WD and begin development on new profiles - Nov 1-4, 2016 (dates already set)
      • Profile authors given one month to develop preliminary profile supplement Volume 1 content.
    • CONCLUSION: Teri to update wiki page with dates or ranges above. Dates/ranges approved.


  • 5.) IHE Radiology Webinar (5 min - all)

http://www.ihe.net/Webinars

    • Typically created in July, dates on options forthcoming
    • Historically, one webinar per new profile (or really important new option, e.g., SWF.b Enterprise Identity)
    • Presentations by profiles authors, need bulleted "learning objectives"
    • Plans for this year: RRR-WF, REM for Radiopharmaceutical Imaging, Japanese National Extensions is a "maybe" - should probably be performed in Japanese language and in Japanese time zone.
      • Opportunity to sell our products to vendors and clinicians.
      • Action: Teri will email Salt, Kevin, Jeff Pohlhammer and Charles Smith to determine next steps. Will need bulleted learning objectives for website.


  • 6.) HIMSS EHRA letter to CMS - (10 min, Mike Bohl, Teri Sippel Schmidt)
    • HIMSS EHRA letter
    • Planning Committee letter in response? If so, plan to complete. Conclusion: yes.
    • Discussion: Test at Connectathon to a specific version, but deploy at a site to the necessary version. Note that IHE is still waiting for CMS clarification for OBX field. July 4th this information should be available from CMS.
      • Action: Mike and Teri draft a response thanking them for their recognition of IHE and clarifying IHE's position.
      • Action: Nichole schedule a call for the group to review before sending.


  • 7.) Brainstorm on how to increase participation in PC/TC (all) (10 min - Mike Bohl, Teri Sippel Schmidt)
    • Powerpoint slides for other tradeshows available - review? (1 min- Teri)
      • Saw PPT slides several times at HIMSS. Slide focus should be to encourage participation in planning/technical committee activities.
    • Formal request to RSNA Radiology Informatics Committee (RIC)? (2 min - Teri)
      • Action: RSNA staff/Teri to send email to RIC members summarizing steps to join IHE.
      • Action: Teri will forward PPT slides to SIIIM presenters focusing on plan/tech participation instead of new profile submission.
      • Action: Identify someone to submit articles for RBMA or other journals.
    • One idea at the RSNA PC/TC meeting was to identify 2 or 3 profiles to "promote for the next Connectathons". Should this be pursued? (5 min - Teri, all)
      • Covered in agenda item #3 with RIC also. Consider two sets of proposal selection (stratified): 1.) solicited proposals which align with RIC and strategic direction and 2.) ad hoc proposals because people are willing to work on them.
      • Need coherent direction/strategy. RSNA RIC can provide clinical direction to this group.
      • As part of strategic direction, read the HIMSS/SIIM white papers on enterprise imaging.
      • Action: Schedule PC call to discuss further after RIC input.


  • 8.) Reflect on profile selection process last year to determine if changes should be made (5 min- Mike Bohl, Teri Sippel Schmidt)
    • Proposal: Send reminder/summary email for process voted upon last year approx first week of August, 2016.
      • Kevin discussed the Borda count process. Much discussion around this subject.
      • Action: Nichole schedule a call so we can resolve before end of May.


  • 9.) Reminder: One, each, of Planning Committee and Technical Committee Co-Chair term expires on August 31st, 2016. Please consider volunteering. A formal call will be published in May, 2016.


  • 10.) Next Steps, Close, and Thank you (Mike Bohl, Teri Sippel Schmidt)
    • Be on the lookout for several Doodle Polls.