RO DataTransport WorkingGroup
Data Transport in Radiation Oncology - Not Active
This working group of the IHE-RO Technical Committee was formed to evaluate whether appropriate infrastructure profiles would be appropriate for radiation oncology actors. In particular, the following concepts were discussed for this working group:
- Transparency - profile demonstrating that an application can received and send RT objects without alteration. Such a profile, based on DICOM SOP Classes, would simplify the testing of archives and store-and-forward applications.
- Negotiation - with the possible removal of an archive actor from RO profiles, it was felt necessary to provide testing to prove that two applications could suitably negotiate transfer syntaxes, etc, to allow interoperable communication. This is particularly necessary as some syntaxes (explicit) are known to be inadequate for some RT DICOM objects.
- Related to this is the concept of whether an archive actor is necessary to RO profiles, particularly since most clinics do not have an archive system, but rather use a store-and-forward methodology along the radiation oncology treatment planning / delivery process.
- Call for Participation Issued: 11/1/2013
Teleconferences and Meetings
Dates and Times are US Eastern Time (New York UTC-0500)
|Kickoff Meeting/Review of Charter||[Agenda]|
- Christof Schadt, BrainLab - Chair
- Walter Bosch, ATC
- Stefan Boman, RaySearch
- Hakan MacLean, RaySearch