Planning Committee Minutes 2008-0703
Minutes from 2:00-3:00 Eastern Time, July 3, 2008 Teleconference
Attendees: Mr. Colin Field, Mr. John Sarafa, Mr. Malcolm Wright, Dr. Richard Popple, Dr. May Wahab, Mr. Bruce Curran, Mr. Adam Earwicker, Dr. Todd McNutt, Dr. Firas Mourtada, Mr. Stephen Vastagh, Mr. Edward Wu, Dr. Kenneth Roberts, Dr. Kevin Albuquerque
ASTRO Staff: Dr. Robyn Watson, Ms. Sunita Ranjitkar
I. Administrative Items
- The Agenda was approved.
- Dr. Watson resigned her position with ASTRO as a Director of Research. The committee wished her success in her future endeavors.
- Mr. Field advised to use the wiki as a central location for the preparation of agenda and minutes. Ms. Ranjitkar will contact Malcolm Wright to help putting minutes and agendas in an editable format on the wiki.
II. Reports & Updates
a. Preparation of Agenda for the Face-to-face meeting:
- Draft agenda was prepared.
- Selected presenters and allocated time for different topics for the meeting.
- Minutes from March 20th, May 22nd & July 3rd, 2008 will be approved during the face-to-face meeting. Members will be advised to review the minutes prior to the meeting.
- Agenda was arranged on a priority basis.
- The Planning Committee Meeting will be held at the Proton Therapy Center,
- Conference Room# PTC1.1124, 1840 Old Spanish Trail, Houston, TX 77054
- The Proton Therapy Center is approximately 13 miles from William P. Hobby Airport and 25 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport. The Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center is approximately 25 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport and 10 miles from William P. Hobby Airport. Ms. Ranjitkar will provide this information to the committee members.
- Evaluators for 2008 connectathon testing:
- Bruce Curran
- Shankar Giri
- Ramesh Rengan
- Mike Bieda
- Walter Bosch.
- Firas Mourtada (4th and 6th)
- The report of the connectathon will be available by August 6th.
c. IHE Membership
- Mr. Curran explained the IHE membership process. According to him, any member of the IHE is entitled to appoint a representative to any IHE domain committee. The IHE-RO Planning Committee may have members who are not representing any IHE members. The IHE-RO Technical Committee has members and listeners. So, it is important to be aware when votes are counted. Mr. Curran informed the committee that the IHE is conscious of people trying to insert patented information into a profile. When an organization/company signs the declaration it binds them to the IHE Principles of Governance, including its intellectual property provisions. So representative from these IHE members are covered and there will be no intellectual property issue.
d. Public Demonstration
- Mika Miettinen will provide a schedule for public demonstration by August 15th.
- A signage will not be used this year since the schedule for the public demonstration will be shown on the screen when presentation is not on.
- The committee agreed the six seating are enough for the presentation.
- Booth color will be similar to the IHE logo which is a combination of blue and yellow.
e. AAPM Survey
- Stephen Vastagh informed the committee that the AAPM working group launched a survey recently, which included a question regarding IHE-RO. The result of the survey will be discussed at the AAPM meeting. Todd McNutt will provide an update during the face-to-face meeting.
f. Rep. Gene Green
- Rep. Gene Green, who represents a Houston Congressional district and is a leader on Health Information Technology issues on Capitol Hill Rep has been invited to see attend the connectathon on August 4th at 10:00-12:00 PM CDT.
III. New Business
- Dr. Wahab suggested conducting a short survey to the ASTRO members to see what issue they find most difficult in terms of connectivity in their practices. The committee discussed using the zoomerang to conduct the survey. Mr. Curran suggested contacting AAPM since they have done a similar survey for their summer school. Mr. Curran will contact Michael Woodward from AAPM.
b. Dr. Wahab suggested preparing a blurb about IHE-RO use case and what it means. This will be placed on the ASTRO website and a link to the wiki will be provided. Therefore, the suggestions will be collected on the wiki. Ms. Ranjitkar will discuss with the ASTRO IT department regarding the link creation.
c. Texas Radiological Society
- Dr. Wahab suggested informing Texas Radiological Society regarding the connectathon. Mr. Curran will be contacting them.
IV. Future Meetings
- Friday, August 1, 8:00-4:00 PM CDT (Face-to-face)
- Thursday, July 31, 10:00-6:00 PM CDT (Set up)
- Friday, August 1, 9:00-5:00 PM CDT (Testing)
- Saturday, August 2, 9:00-5:00 PM CDT (Testing)
- Monday, August 4, 9:00-5:00 PM CDT (Testing)
- Tuesday, August 5, 9:00-5:00 PM CDT (Testing)
- Wednesday, August 6, 9:00-12:00 PM CDT (Technical Committee Meeting)
- IHE-RO Planning Committee Meeting - Monday, September 22, 2008 at 12:00-2:00 PM EDT (ASTRO Annual Meeting - Stone of the Westin Waterfront Hotel)
- IHE-RO Technical Committee Meeting - Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 7:00 – 9:00 AM EDT (ASTRO Annual Meeting – Commonwealth A/B of the Westin Waterfront Hotel)