Pharm Plan Minutes 2017.10.30
- 1 Meeting details
- 2 Agenda
- 2.1 09:00 - 09:30 Welcome
- 2.2 10:00 -11:30 Current PHARM implementations (informational)
- 2.3 11:30 - 13:00 PHARM Strategy and Vision
- 2.4 12:00 - 13:00 Other SDO relationships and doings
- 2.5 13:00 - 15:00 --- Lunch ---
- 2.6 15:00 Strategy and Vision
- 2.7 15:15 - 16:00 Presentation of the MTP in Geneva
- 2.8 16:00 - 16:15 --- Coffee break ---
- 2.9 16:15 - 17:00 Medication Documentation
- 2.10 17:00 - 17:30 Formulary
- 2.11 17:35 - Adjourn
Groupe Hospitalier Pellegrin https://www.chu-bordeaux.fr/CHU-de-Bordeaux/H%C3%B4pitaux-et-sites-du-CHU/Groupe-hospitalier-Pellegrin/
Join IHE Pharmacy's WebEx meeting
https://phastinternational.webex.com/join/ihepharmacy | or go to https://phastinternational.webex.com and paste 956 796 372
Join by phone
- +33 17091 8646 France toll
- +43 125 302 1542 Austria toll
- +32 2894 8317 Belgium toll
- +41 43456 9564 Switzerland toll
Access code: 956 796 372
09:00 - 09:30 Welcome
- Jose Costa Teixeira
- Joao Almeida
- Jacqueline Surugue
- Stephane Spahni
- Leonidas Tzimis
- Juergen Brandstaetter
- Michael Tan
- Marc Robberecht
- Joao is a new member of IHE Pharmacy. He is 27 years and works with Alert, the Portugese IT vendor.
- Review and Approve Agenda
- The agenda has been adjusted and approved.
- Approval of minutes
- approved the minutes of 15 and 16 June in Chania
10:00 -11:30 Current PHARM implementations (informational)
- Case study form
- Presentation from Jacqueline Surugue
- the presentation was given for e-health in Greece
- 1ste phase community pharmacy is connected to all pharmacies through a central repository.
- It stores 4 months of history of a patient. The pharmacist can see where the patient has been.
- For biological medicines this period is 3 years and 21 years for vaccins.
- Phase 2 : connect also hospitals to the repository. These are drugs that are not sold in the community.
- Phase 3 : View from doctors into the DP using the card from the doctor and the patient ( insurance card).
- medical doctor can only view, but not update.
- When there is a shortage, you can communicate this alert.
- There is also a possibility to send alerts ( terror attack, pandemic)
- The DP is ready for the DMP ( Medical Dossier ), but the DMP is not yet implemented.
- The DP is created by the patient. The patient has to give consent.
- All drugs from the pharmacy, including OTC are reported except for the drugs which the patients object to.
- There is a signal that it is not complete.
- The pharmacist also has to use a card. The patient also has to provide his social security card.
- 99% of pharmacy and 400 hospitals are connected.
- 36 million have a record.
- can have a copy and view all the profiessionals who has viewed his DP.
- Only governments ( ASNM and INVS) can view anonimous data.
- 60% of medication errors occurs at transition of care and the DP is a powerful tool to show the medication at transition.
- When there is no pharmacy management system you have no interface and you have to review manually.
- Some smaller vendor companies do not have an interface to the DP. The larger systems provide this software.
- They use PN13 from 2018. These are French standards.
- Jose and Joao are thinking to set up standards of feeding a central system to facilitate European exchange of information.
- Why would a vendor replace PN13 if it works? It could convince the smaller vendor companies to develop this interace.
- Leonidas mentions directives from the European Parliament http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/eu_healthcare/cross_border_directive.html
- Directive 2011/24/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 March 2011 on the application of patients’ rights in cross-border healthcare
- In Switzerland a patient cannot hide specific lines of information, but he can refuse to participate in the program.
- The law in Switzerland each patient should have a record in 2020, but the pharmacists have already set up there own repository. There is a chance that a patient could have 2 repositories.
- There are now 2 standards used in Switzerland. One from Stephane and the other from other group.
- A consultation is expected from e-health Suisse on the proposed format.
- Kounalakis Dimitris progress of project in Greece:
- No news from Dimitris. Leonidas will send an e-mail to ask for input.
11:30 - 13:00 PHARM Strategy and Vision
- Outlook, Visions
- Shaping up Roadmap, Wiki, etc.
- Schedule 2017/2018
- Discussion on the F2F joint meeting with ITI and PCC, QERPH
- This will be in Oslo.
- Juergen would like to meet on Monday and Tuesday 11 and 12.
- The joint with ITI , PCC , QRPH must move to Tuesday.
- Michael to approach Jeremiah to propose the agenda.
- Should IHE pharmacy have a joint session with HL7 Pharmacy in Cologne?
- Clinicians on FHIR could give our end users an interesting introductio into FHIR.
- HL7 Pharmacy exchange idea's about our MMA and UBP.
- Juergen is not against the suggestion, but sees no personal issues.
- Joint session with PC, PHarmacy and O&O.
- For the meeting in June we are considering Portugal or Crete.
- First investigate the location and costs.
- If Porto it should be around the 25-26 in Porto. For Marc this week is OK.
- Single landing page for the documentation. Action Item Jose.
12:00 - 13:00 Other SDO relationships and doings
- IHE European Connectathon (16 -20th ) april 2018 Den Haag
- The testing tools for Connectathon are out of date. Need Eric Poiseau to update the tests.
- Investigate vendors who are interested. These vendors have to register for the connectathon. The vendors are not necessarily IHE members, but they have to pay an amount to participated.
- AGFA is willing to participate in the Connectathon with PML, CMPD.
- Testing scenario's have to be set up for MMA and UBP.
- Bas van Vliet and Evert Sanders are involved in setting up the contract between IHE Netherlands and IHE Europe.
- IHE Europe want a permanent task force to organize the European Connectathons.
- HL7 Joint meeting in 2018 in Koeln, FHIR
- This topic has been discussed in strategy and vision.
- ISO Projects
- ISO 19293 Dispense record: This document is now finalized.
- This document describes the act and event of dispense, as well as the contents that should be contained in a report of dispense.
- ISO 19256. Medicinal Product Dictionaries provides core requirements for systems implementing pharmacy formularies.
- IDMP. The EMA and the FDA have made a set of standards to allow Universal identification of medicinal products:
- substances: GSRS ( extracted from GINAS).
- Pharmaceutical products.
- Medicinal products.
- Also look at standardterms.edqm.eu for translations of different codes to the different European languages.
- The mapping between GSRS and ATC is not 1 on 1.
- DTR20831 Medication management concepts & definitions is now published. The document is available at ISO.
13:00 - 15:00 --- Lunch ---
15:00 Strategy and Vision
- The workplan is here http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/PHARM_Roadmap
- Juergen will work a proposal for the work items for 2017, 2018.
- to be discussed on Tuesday 31 October after lunch
15:15 - 16:00 Presentation of the MTP in Geneva
- e-Medication implementation in Geneva.
- History is kept forever.
- After death the history is removed.
- Issue is the several islands of information.
- The treatment plan is always update.
- the admission
- the discharge
- links are from the ID of the action.
- Phase 1 standalone in production in 2012
- Phase 2 Connected with primary systems in 2018. (hospital systems, GP systems, Pharmacy and Home Care systems).
16:00 - 16:15 --- Coffee break ---
16:15 - 17:00 Medication Documentation
- Initial work was done by Jose and Stephane.
- Medication lists are taken in a certain context.
- The medication can be constitued by 4 building blocks:
- Order ( medication order)
- Discussion on the granularity of the building blocks
- In Netherlands we split the building block in a therapeutical and logistical component.
- For the time being the group agrees on the concept of building blocks.
- Action item: IHE pharmacy group should review the 20 page document.
- Comments are collected by Joao. Please send the documents to Joao.
- The concept is to describe all possible data which could be used in the building block.
- It reflects the maximum of posssible fields, but since it is optional, the context could decide which attributes are to be used.
17:00 - 17:30 Formulary
- Work on work-item
- Medication knowledge model FHIR resource
- Presentation of Jose on the concept of the catalogue.
- How is this related to the HL7 project on the Medication Knowledge Query.
- Francois Marcary is also involved in the project.
- Medication knowledge is on top of a catalogue.
- Jacqueline notifies that the word substance is outdated. API should be used.
- In IDMP they distinquish active ingredients.
- Leonidas supplies one example where the active ingredient depend on the context ( Lidocain).
- IHE Pharmacy should focus on medication catalogue.
- A generic FHIR resource called catalogue ( from O&O) will be used in a FHIR Connectathon in New Orleans.
- There will be 3 projects in HL7
- A Catalogue project
- A BR&R project on Biomedical medication
- A medication knowledge project ( SPL in FHIR flavour)
- There will be 3 projects in HL7
- A white paper would be the next step.
- Later on we could write a IHE Profile.
- Medication Data collection (Jose)