PaLM Conf Minutes 2020-December-09

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Name Email
Francois Macary
Mandel Mickley
Rikki Merrick
Alessandro Sulis
Dan Rutz
Kevin Schap
Raj Dash
Francesca Vanzo
Jim Harrison
Ralf Herzog
JD Nolen
Francesca Frexia
Brian Bialecki
Peter Mello
Craig Sayers NHS
Nick Haarselhorst
Mary Kennedy
George Birdsong
Gunter Haroske
Alex Goel
Kenichi Takahashi
Megumi Kondo
Gregorio Canal Arsenal.IT
Jenna McCracken
Sam Spencer
Gianluca Pavan Arsenal.IT
Sujith Nair
Ross Simpson

Next meeting: January 13, 2021

  • Agenda Items
    • Add CP: LPOCT change proposal from Ralf – Francois will add to next agenda
      • Handling capability of collecting supplemental results in LPOCT profile using the same method as described in IHE LAW
  • Co-Chair Nominations:
    • Need a 1 planning (currently held by Riki) and 1 technical (currently held by Francois) Co-Chair:
      • Nominations: Riki, Filip
      • Raj’s co-chair position is still current
    • Francois will follow up with all nominees
    • Voting will be via email ahead of next call on January 13th
      • Mary will post the call for votes
  • New proposals decision:
    • Radiology / Pathology Concordance Reporting proposal: (
      • Focusing on prostate and breast cancer
      • Confirmed support from 1 radiology vendor, 2 pathology system vendors and 2 professional societies as well as facilities that will implement (business SMEs)
      • Proposed editors: Alex (CAP) and Sujith (ACR)
      • Decision about using APSR or SDC
        • Benefit of use of SDC that there is a FHIR implementation (team has no expertise with APSR)
        • German group is working on FHIR implementation of APSR
        • Do we have an idea of how to capture the additional elements that are covered under APSR in SDC?
        • This use case is limited against CAP electronic Checklists for prostate and breast
        • Should look at ICCR checklists to ensure those elements will also be included in this project
    • Digital Pathology for Telemedicine:
    • Motion to accept both proposals for the next cycle
      • In favor: 15, against: 0, abstain: the rest
      • Motion passes – both proposals are accepted
    • Riki to present the second proposal to DCC on their next call
  • IHE Board report
    • Digital Pathology Whitepaper was accepted for Publication Journal of Pathology Informatics in December 2020
    • Alessandro will provide list of vendors that tested LAW and XD-LAB in Connectathon (Europe)
  • SET update
    • Shared the latest version with the group – please send feedback to the group
    • Need to get on OO call agenda to get feedback on the new message structure – planned for Dec 17, 2020 at 1 PM ET
    • Alessandro and Francesca will update the IHE wiki page for the profile
  • Digital Pathology Update
    • Paper in Journal
    • Call for vendor engagement for evidence creation profile – Raj will join the DICOM call for that
    • Francois and Raj to draft the ordering profile
  • US HHS device identifier reporting
    • HHS = Health and Human Services
      • Reporting of the kind in OBX-17 and instance details (serial number) in OBX-18
      • Need to also look at the downstream result reporting:
        • ILW: LAB-36
        • LTW: LAB-3
        • XD-LAB: Observation template