PaLM Conf Minutes 2019-Jan-09
|Riki Merrick||Alesandro Sulis|
|Raj Dash||Francesca Frexia|
|Francois Macary||JD Nolen|
|Kevin Schap||D Moncusi|
|Mary Kennedy||Nick Hasselhorst|
|Gunter Haroke||Neil Robinson|
|Kondo Megumi||Bruce Beckwith|
|Ian Gabriel||Jim Harrison|
|Mikael Wintell||Mario Villace|
IHE PaLM Board Report update – Riki
- Riki presented the report to DCC. The main comment was a request to involve more vendors.
- Riki will present the report to the IHE Board on January 10, 2019. Here is the link to the final report: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1upFPu-AqM0fiQwXuoDcSNnkQAW2N9q9eqka2Z1JxPeo/edit?usp=sharing
Discussion of May F2F meeting in Tokyo – Francois/Megumi
- The F2F meeting will be May 27-29, 2019 in Tokyo at the usual venue JAHIS HQ.
- At least one full day of the meeting will be devoted to discussion of the digital pathology profile.
- Mikael and Mary will poll the DICOM WG 26 and PaLM members respectively to gauge anticipated participation either in person or remotely.
LCC update – Riki/Jim
- Bold textThe LCC was published for comment on December 31, 2018.
- Comment period ends Feb 8, 2019
- Jim Harrison wrote an introduction to the LCC that can be edited for use to both pathologists and non-pathologists.
- The profile publication information was distributed to the API listserv.
- Francois will edit the summary and send to the French pathologist association; Mary will send it to Nancy Cornish at the CDC; Riki will post it to HL7 O&O work group.
- Will share on the Google Groups to raise interest of pathologists and obtain more comments.
Possible meeting with DICOM WG 26 at the European Congress on Digital Pathology
- We have been invited to attend a joint meeting with DICOM WG 26 at the ECDP on April 10 in Warwick UK to continue work on the digital pathology profile.
- Is there enough interest in PaLM for either remote or physical participation at the meeting?
- Raj, Nick could attend in person; vendor participation is required. Francois will check to see if he can skip the part of the SNOMED business meeting conflicting with this date. Some members agreed to participate remotely.
- Mikael will poll the vendors to see how many can participate.
- Mary to send an email to Norman regarding our recruitment of vendors to the meeting.
- There is a possibility to meet with DICOM WG26 at other meetings such as USCAP or ECDP.
SET update – Allesandro
- SET order structure has been updated for profile messages based on comments from the PaLM December call.
- There will be a discussion on it at the HL7 O&O next week. Riki will send a message to the group on when the discussion will occur – it is scheduled for Monday 9 – 10:30 AM CT
Digital Pathology profile update – Raj
- Query and Broadcast mode are both needed
- Discussion on whether LAB-82 needs to convey OBX segments or not. The answer is YES, but we have to further specify the content of the RESULT segment group: Metadata of the images, QA data? We’ll poll the scanner vendors to specify this content.