PaLM Conf Minutes 2018-Feb-14
The recording for this meeting can be downloaded here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zdV_pJ1Lc9RznTE8XNDFW6h-sakJFWA6
|Francois Macary, Co-Chair||Phast|
|Raj Dash, Co-Chair||CAP|
|Riki Merrick, Co-Chair||Vernetzt, LLC|
|Carolyn Knapik||CAP, secretariat|
|Francesca Vanzo||Arsenal IT|
|Gunter Haroske||IHE Germany|
|John David Nolen|
|Jurgen De Decker||MIPS|
|Megumi Kondo||Sakura Finetek Japan|
|Nick Jones||MGH Harvard|
Agenda Reviewed and adjusted for content
News on PaLM committee membership:
- Roche Diagnostics is now IHE member again and back to PaLM.
- Joachim Schroeder presented in Berlin 2016 along with Dmytro.
- Mario will make the connection to another Roche member to help with the Digital Pathology paper via the Ventana affiliate of Roche.
- Roche will also work on SET.
- LSH - Roche will have to see if there is a way to help, but not right now.
- LSH will need involvement of 2-3 vendors to move it forward
- We will keep LSH on hold waiting for more contributors.
How to see comments on LCC?:
- Jim has entered a few comments – but the link to the google group is empty – Riki to follow up.
- This googleSpreadsheet holds the comments to all PaLM supplements:
Current assessment of APSR 2.0 by BRIDG and NCI:
- IHE PaLM APSR 2.0 is being harmonized with BRIDG model and will bring the digital pathology work as well
- Goal is to be able to use BRIDG to link between different areas.
- BRIDG has been harmonized with DICOM.
- More info on BRIDG: https://bridgmodel.nci.nih.gov/
- NCI in their data commons will use BRIDG to model their data and they would be able to apply that to their cancer images.
- Here is the call information:
- Mondays 9 -10 AM (Eastern time) (not 2/19): https://cbiit.webex.com/join/VerHoefw
- Meeting Number: 732 799 223
- 1-650-479-3207 (Call-in toll number (US/Canada)) / Access code: 732 799 223
Current Status of Digital Pathology White Paper / Call for Volunteers:
- Raj and Nick discussed the vision now working in v0.6 – next step:
- Flesh out the use cases and identify volunteer authors – preferred vended product or laboratory workflow familiarity.
- Start a wiki page to work on the use cases – paragraph to link to white paper and use that for the use case development – goal is international participation.
- Image files for external review (is cost saving, because we don’t need to re-cut the block) – also time/cost saving of courier.
- Need to consider, but not focus on, how things should be done in the future.
- Aggregating slides for 3D imaging – do we want to include that now?
- Maybe create a section of future use cases, but would not want to make that the main focus.
- We want to set up the infrastructure- get the use cases that support vended products to work together as a MAIN focus.
- White paper is good collection to capture all ideas, but for the functional profiles that will be built upon it, will use ONLY what is currently implementable.
- Nick will start a future use case bucket content.
- For short term use cases: have some missing elements form vended products: example: handling orders and handling QC – gap in functionality for technologist dashboards – Nicholas can also create a video for folks to review.
- QC by machine, by tech, by pathologist – before and after diagnosis
- Working on a publication for that as well;
- Could be ready for next week, if desired – set up separate Digital pathology call;
- In 2 weeks can have presentation and document ready. Carolyn to schedule a call for 2/28 at 9 AM ET. Details of call available here: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/PaLM_Conf_Agenda_2018-Feb-28
- Want to get prioritization on use cases most important for inclusion in the functional profile.
- EPIC: Use cases #1, 3,5, 6, 8 and maybe the molecular aspects, are of interest.
- What are the concerns in off-the shelf product today?
- How do the issues tie in with specific use cases?
- Francois will set up wiki page with link to white paper (version 0.6).
- Need permission for Nicholas and Raj to edit wiki.
- Would be good to have the recommendation on how to set up the database for digital pathology / QC etc.
- Sharing spreadsheet with mapping to v2 element.
- Looking for suitable message structure(s) to use, depending on the event we need to support.
- Come up with a new message structure for SET – would be very confusing for folks.
- First you need to know what data elements you need to capture;
- Second, identify what segments are needed for all the use cases;
- Third, find appropriate trigger event, if new vocabulary is needed;
- Fourth, we make harmonization proposals;
- If needed, create one or two generic events of specimen event because they are very different.
- Riki to send HL7 CR template to Alessandro.
- Date/time of message – does the receiving system archive the sent and received time?
- In Cagliari we discussed in MSH-7 = time of event receipt.
- PHILLIPS connected to LIMS –
- When interface is backed up, a scanning complete message will include that the slide is on scanner.
- That message will supersede a later update (that gets sent there sooner).
- May need to differentiate time sent versus slide processed.
- In orders use ORC-9, but that may be a bit hard to interpret.
- Better to use EVN segment. It will help with tracking this.
- It allows when time happened in system – and can also track sent date/time; received time etc.
- MSH-7 is just for the message related date/time.
Next PaLM Teleconference: 14 March 2018, 0800 – 1000 am (central)
Special Digital Pathology Teleconference: 28 February 2018, 0800 – 0900 am (central)