PaLM Conf Minutes 2018-Apr-04
- Alessandro Sulis
- Francessca Vanzo
- Nicholas Jones
- Francesca CRS4 Frexia
- JD Nolen
- Jim Harrison
- Francois Macary
- Mandel Mickley
- Mario Villace
- Riki Merrick
- Dan Rutz
- David Clunie
- Raj Dash
- Gunter Haroske
- Haarselhorst van den Goorbergh
Francois reviewed the agenda
- For the IHE F2F in Helsinki in May – Mary checking to see if there is wifi; if so, a GoToMeeting will be set up if there is.
- Chicago F2F – the logistics will be posted to the wiki; there are shuttles from the hotels to CAP; please RSVP if you plan on attending; there will be a GoToMeeting for the F2F
- Next PaLM call will be rescheduled for May 23. The second hour will be used to discuss technical aspects of the digital pathology work.
DCC Update – SNOMED CT – IHE secretariat has reached back out to SNOMED International – Riki to review the list – Xavier sent a comparison to their organism list- some display name errors – those MUST be fixed; not matching the list – that is expected, because IHE PaLM is limited to reportable organism so far. We may have to reduce the subset to a smaller amount – so then we can use the prioritization to reduce the list, if needed
LCC update – please review for next call
- Alessandro started a HL7 CR for new message structure
- Created HL7 mapping – see excel file for review
- HL7 has no deadlines for submission of Change requests
- How will this map to FHIR? Considered FHIR as a message standard to be used for SET – decided to use v2.x instead, because it is an event oriented standard.
- For new elements should be included in the FHIR resources
- How will this map to DICOM supplement 121 = Specimen container model?
- FHIR have something like container?
- Only in the definitional resources for catalog – specimen definition covers some. FHIR still has no way to cover the container instance
- SET has been using the specimen DAM – hope to get this published this month and then pick up work on FHIR
- Also consider the BRIDG model for harmonization = https://bridgmodel.nci.nih.gov/whats-bridg. Have ongoing work between BRIDG and IHE PaLM for APSR and Digital Pathology
Digital Pathology update
- Wiki use cases have been updated. Need to focus on high level for descriptions so that non-technical people will understand the use cases. Have all use cases ready by next call.
- Use the discussion tab to add any comments that will help us organize and discuss this.
- We want to focus the technical aspects in Helsinki, so we want to gather as much info as possible – looking for solid paragraph for each use case.
- For talk with WG26 focus on limited list of the use cases
- Use case 0 = subpart for all slide scanner vendors to properly tag images that is applicable to ALL these use cases = LIS to scanner connectivity = mostly use case #3
- Implementer eyeball to get feedback on use cases captured, but what is first logical deliverable to implement that applies to ALL use cases
- EHR vendor is the workflow driver, so want to define the most important transactions on LIS side when using interface to image acquisition devices.
- Dan and JD are starting to flush out some of the technical aspects.
- The second hour of the next PaLM call will be devoted to looking at the technical aspects.