PaLM Conf Minutes 2017-May-24

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to IHE Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (PaLM) Domain

Back to IHE Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (PaLM)Technical Committee Page

Recording

The recording for this meeting can be downloaded HERE

Attendees

Francois Macary, Co-Chair Phast
Riki Merrick, Co-Chair APHL
Sabrina Krejci CAP, secretariat
Alessandro Sulis CRS4
Dan Rutz Epic
Ed Heierman Abbott
Francesca Frexia CRS4
Francesca Vanzo Arsenal IT
Gunter Haroske IHE Germany
Jessica Poisson Duke
Jurgen De Decker MIPS
Ken Takahashi JAHIS

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • May F2F agenda: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/PaLM_F2F_Agenda_2017-May
    • Email from Ken for last meeting details
      • Have room starting at 9 AM
      • Welcome dinner on June 1
      • Like to get attendee list – Sabrina will send once she gets it from Carolyn (ACTION - Sabrina to send out survey form to PALM group)
        • Raj, Mary, Riki, Francois, Filip, Micheal, plus 5 from Japan
        • Sabrina will send out a file for folks to indicate if in person or remote
    • No changes

* SNOMED CT free subsets for IHE (Raj)

    • SNOMED CT code subset for free use in IHE profile, even in non-ember country – about 2000 concepts in that ref set
    • Had call with Jane Millar from SNOMED International to agree to set up agreement similar for IHE as they have with DICOM
    • Gave update to DCC yesterday and we would send back a proposal fo all domains to participate and prioritize
    • Some new concepts may be able to be added, but at a much larger scale
    • Will need to be careful about the criteria to chose to include in the ref set
      • Match areas that are needed in profiles that are more likely used in non-member country – include a priority ranking, in case there are more than what SNOMED International is willing to give
      • Have starter set of about 500 concepts – mostly from APSR
    • Deadline to hand over the list? Over the summer list will grow
    • Goal is to have this in Jan 2018 release
    • Include in whitepaper discussion on Thursday June 1 as well as Friday placeholder

* PaLM TF CP ballot outcome?

    • Had good participation
    • Has some negative comments, take up next week at F2F
      • Need to discuss the use of null (“”) in PID-3 – Ed to prep and will attend that session

* SET profile updates (Alessandro)

    • Have started to work on Vol 2:
      • Started with specimen DAM model document
        • Describe the meta-data of all events around the specimen defined in Vol 1
        • Each event will need different data elements
          • Collection will be different for transport between labs , devices etc
          • Some data elements will be common e.g. specimen ID, container ID
      • Creating meta-data mapping for each event type to the DAM elements
        • This matrix should be in Vol 1 – will find right chapter
      • What is the next step from the data element definition to chosing the message structure we want to use
        • XML
        • JSON
        • FHIR
    • Any comments for changes on Vol 1, if needed

* Transfusion Medicine proposal (Dan)

    • Draft of Vol 1 will be sent prior to the F2F
    • Working on use cases – have EPIC and Filip’s, need more feedback on use cases
    • Documenting administration actions on blood productions
    • Documenting reactions and follow on actions
    • Jessica submitted a paper about the items that are missing in Information systems particularly how these systems interact with EHR-S – can share next week, keeping in mind that it is going out to publication (share with Dan, so he can prep)
    • HL7 is working through reaction messaging
    • V2.9 is being published in September
    • Orders and Obs is aiming for v2.9.1 update in Jan 2018
    • Can submit change requests to HL7 prior to the publication of the HL7 base standard
  • LIVD project at HL7 is going through administrative process of becoming a project
    • Proposal for format for vendors to communicate the appropriate LOINCs for the individual test kits / equipment will be officially published by IICC June 1
    • Goal is to come up with FHIR extension or profile or new resource
  • LSH updates (John) – not on