PaLM Conf Minutes 2017-Dec-13

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to IHE Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (PaLM) Domain

Back to IHE Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (PaLM)Technical Committee Page

Recording

The recording for this meeting can be downloaded: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xnV6xNzdiS2Mn6V9sdQmp7l0iexrZPUN

Attendees

Francois Macary, Co-Chair Phast
Riki Merrick, Co-Chair Vernetzt, LLC
Raj Dash, Co-Chair CAP
Carolyn Knapik CAP, secretariat
Mary Kennedy CAP, secretariat
Alessandro Sulis CRS4
Dan Rutz Epic
Don Hosseinzadeh
Filip Migom MIPS
Francesca Frexia CRS4
Francesca Vanzo Arsenal IT
James Harrison CAP
JD Nolen
Joe Suintrapun
Jurgen De Decker MIPS
Mario Villace Roche
Megumi Kondo Sakura Finetek Japan
Philip Foulis CAP

Minutes

Agenda Reviewed and adjusted for content

 

First Hour:

  • PaLM publication status (François)
    • Have published APSR 2.0 Sept27 – Oct 27 – to be published Jan 25
    • Had published TMA Oct 13 2017 – Nov 13 2017 – to be published Sep 2018
    • LCC published for Comment Nov 29, 2017 to Jan 26, 2017 – to be published by Jun 2018
    • Digital Pathology White paper to be published Feb 2018
PaLM Milestones 2.jpg











  • Next meeting dates:
    • May 29, 2018 joint with DICOM WG 26 in Helsinki at Digital Pathology Meeting – and also will get 1 extra day for just PaLM
    • F2F at CAP Headquarters June 19 – 21, 2018 or June 18-20, 2018
    • F2F At JAHIS – will get suggestions for dates be end of the year
  1. Keep in mind that SNOMED International meeting is in Vancouver.
  2. CAP annual meeting October 22 – 23 and also not available October 11  -13
      • Look at November 2018

     

  • Updated examples on APSR 2 (François)
    • Have added new feature to send updated report to reference what part of the content was changed (by section, not lower level) and if changes are clinically significant = created in Art décor, now working on example for that by next week
    • APSR Dec13.jpg









 

  • Call for proposal announcement
    • Open Dec to end of January – review in Feb call
  •  

  • Review IHE PaLM annual board report
  • (see File:20171213 IHE PaLM DomainReport.docx )

     

  • Call planning proposed schedule for second hour:
    • Jan 10: Digital Pathology
    • Feb 14: LCC comment review, SET
    • Mar 14: TMA
    • Apr 11: Digital Pathology
    • May 9: Digital Pathology
    • Jun: F2F meeting
  •  

  • Digital Pathology (Raj)
    • Reviewing White paper draft (track changes on):
      • Change scope to Digital Medicine to make broader (EDM)
      • Some additional audience
      • Definition of Anatomic Pathology needs to be expanded (Pathologist to do)
      • Result in EDM – the report or the digital asset or both?
            • Result = report should be handled by APSR and other profiles
            • Digital asset here and then define profiles
            • Analytics on top of the digital asset, where the digital asset is treated like the specimen = stand-alone result in a report, when outside of the AP lab vs component inside the lab may get different treatment
              • Any result reported outside of the filler lab should be part of report
      • Need to add to ILW to support digital pathology specific data elements
      • Do we need APW middleware workflow – AP and tracking in automation (Leica/Ventana?) =>  Raj and JD to draft
      • More detail in histologic events
      • Parents for digital assets
        • In general from single patient for all derivatives
        • Tissue marker array (DICOM has use case, since multiple different tissue types from multiple patients on single slide)
          • Open issue, because this may be more for research than direct care provision / need to look at the specimen model in HL7 DAM and DICOM
        • Donor tissue review = also as open issue
        • Environmental testing (public health outbreak testing
      • Add legacy images as a use case
      • Raj will draft responses to additions and share this among the authors
        • Select the sections you want to work on
    • DICOM has asked if we know vendors that will attend the joint meeting with DICOM – reach  out to your contacts to attend the meeting in Jun
    • Roche is working on getting contacts from Ventana – Raj to connect with Mario about who they are working with and join forces
    • Need to finalize agenda for June meeting and send request for participation
    • Mary has been contacting Clarista pathologists – include Dan R so that can be coordinated
    • Dan CICOM Co-Chair (May 29 in PM for joint meeting)
    • UPMC started digital pathology reference lab – Inspirata / solutions vendor
    • Raj sent communications to these – Leica, Roche, Philips, Inspirata, Sectra, OptraScan
    • NCI also interested in including AP/Digital Pathology in the BRIDG model for balloting at HL7/DICOM and ISO

 

Second hour:  An extra quarter taken on second hour with SET discussion led by Alessandro

  • SET (Alessandro)
    • Thirst gap analysis of the base standard HL7 v2 to select the best suited message structures.
    • Some structures better fit some events (like OML for “specimen collected”), and others better fit to other events such as shipping message structures for “specimen accepted”.
    • We have a choice to make between two paths:
      • Work with existing message structures from the base standard and pick as many as needed, but with clear one-to-one mapping from specimen event to message structure.
      • Build a new message structure suiting all SET event needs with HL7.
    • Next call will give the facts and arguments of both ways, to facilitate the choice.

 

Next PaLM Teleconference scheduled for 10 January, 2018.