PaLM Conf Minutes 2017-Apr-12

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to IHE Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (PaLM) Domain

Back to IHE Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (PaLM)Technical Committee Page

Recording

The recording for this meeting can be downloaded [ HERE]

Attendees

Francois Macary, Co-Chair Phast
Riki Merrick, Co-Chair APHL
Carolyn Knapik CAP, secretariat
Alessandro Sulis CRS4
Dan Rutz Epic
Ed Heierman Abbott
Filip Migom MIPS
Francesca Frexia CRS4
Gunter Haroske IHE Germany
James Wulkan Beckman/Coulter
JD Nolen Cerner
Jessica Poisson Duke
Jurgen De Decker MIPS

Minutes

  • 1st hour
    • Agenda review
    • May F2F agenda (Francois, Riki)- Current F2F agenda items:
      • Held at JAHIS – address and hotels have been shared
      • SET (Alessandro will be remote, move to afternoons)
      • LCC (Riki in person, move to early in the day) – goal to get to ready for publishing for Public Comment
      • LSH (John)
      • APSR 2.0 (Gunter will be remote, so move to afternoons)
      • White paper (Raj in person)
      • New release of TF based on CPs (just a few) – to be published in June 2017 (Francois in person) – just 3 CPs, mostly from LAW update – (Ed not in person, so adjust time, if not covered by Francois), want to ballot before the meeting – start ballot 4/25 – Ed to prepare by then
      • Digital Pathology workflow – Raj will reach out to at least get a status update (Raj in person, move to early in the day)
      • Around the world updates (in PM)
      • Improve worldwide marketing – learn from Japan’s efforts
      • Transfusion medicine workflow (Dan / Jessica will be remote (9 AM is good slot for him), Filip )
      • Remote participation will be provided by JAHIS using CAP GTM, with voice on IP
      • Current F2F agenda can be viewed here: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/PaLM_F2F_Agenda_2017-May
    • Next month’s call was scheduled during HL7 WGM – move to 5/17/2017
    • SNOMED CT free subsets for IHE (Francois)
      • Drafted starter set has been complemented since last month – please review and add on  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rONueGvi6pxO6CKHpad90n7zEBya0Gxz2FSTQt5ILhY/edit#gid=0
        • Use APSR 2.0 value sets to add  additional concept candidates -> Gunter
      • Is now on the agenda for the DCC – will be discussed again with the intent that every domain submits its own candidate content into this common spreadsheet
      • If you want to contribute to the spreadsheet, send email to Francois so he can invite you
  • 2nd hour
    • SET profile updates (Alessandro)
      • Shared last version of Vol 1 (includes biobank use case) just prior to Connetacthon
      • Please send updates and edits to Alessandro prior to F2F
      • Alessandro & Francesca will work on Volume 2 as preparation for F2F
        • Start with Specimen Dam – it is being balloted right now
        • Define the meta data and which elements will be mandatory vs preferred / conditional / optional
        • Including trigger events, value sets to describe the actions performed on the specimen
        • Specimen CMET is in current ballot – Lorraine shared with Francois
    • LSH updates (John) – not on
    • Other topics?
      • Connectathon update in Venice
        • Tested more for lab profiles – about 40 tests were performed J
        • LAW and LTW and XD-Lab (most popular) these are all part of regulatory European  eHealth interoperability framework
        • Will have complete update at F2F
      • Transfusion medicine
        • How to report reaction to blood transfusion – per standard it is in the product level in the BXA? segment
        • In patient care in practice this is not associated to single unit, it is documented at the encounter level NLY – considering HL7 CR for discussion
        • Need to document a specific event – do we need new full message, or a segment that can be added to existing messages after related segments
        • Look at what patient care has
        • Or use REL to link to product
        • This still needs more research
        • Can we use ORU message – it is an observation on the patient?
        • Possible – but what is the workflow associated with this?
        • Do not want to confuse this with other observations / results
        • Other example is blood type – ore closer related to patient and less changeable
        • Product level documentation probably came from blood suppliers

Next Meeting: 17 May 2017 at 8:00am (central)