PaLM Conf Minutes 2016-Sept-14
From IHE Wiki
The recording for this meeting can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzeZcmIY9FvEWWl5N2tpeWNJV1E
|Francois Macary, Co-Chair||Phast|
|Raj Dash, Co-Chair||CAP|
|Riki Merrick, Co-Chair||APHL|
|Carolyn Knapik||CAP, secretariat|
|Mary Kennedy||CAP, secretariat|
|David de Mena||SAS|
|Francesca Vanzo||Arsenal IT|
|Gunter Haroske||IHE Germany|
|Megumi Kondo||Sakura Finetek Japan|
- 1st hour
- Update on cochair election – Mary:
- Have received the required number of voters, so voting is now closed.
- Riki Merrick and Francois have both been re-elected unanimously.
- Current status of SET – Alessandro:
- Added the specimen event list.
- “Specimen aliquoted” - what is the difference to the “Specimen derived” (besides being biobank)?
- An aliquoted specimen is a type of derived specimen.
- Aliquoted = body fluid specimen.
- Derived includes creation of subparts in AP lab.
- Can someone send a use case for AP lab derived specimen and other pathology domain specific use cases?
- Categories are unchanged from F2F version.
- Simplified use case diagrams.
- Do we want to alter to make clearer that the SEI and SET may sit in different locations?
- Need one for each organization (create them as box outlines) of SEI and SET.
- May also apply to multi-facility set up in the same organization. For same organization, just one SEI and SET, but include a statement that this is an example of software architecture, among others.
- So far we have the same set up – collection location -> receiving location -> testing location.
- Should we use the same words for all the use cases and a single diagram where applicable?
- Different processes for inter-organization over longer distance and intra-organization (requirements of more robust shipping manifest, packaging, etc.) compared to the same building.
- Biobanking use case described – is it generic enough?
- Probably should explicitly document the retrieval for shipment out of biobank (covered in other use cases, so should reference that).
- Improvement of systems in the future: Full chain of custody and audit change when more than the queried specimen are pulled from the biobank temporarily, since the specimen is in the same holder.
- This could be handled if the specimen location is part of these transactions, then the systems can do queries on all specimen in the same holder location(s).
- Fully mapping inventory of specimen (similar to inventory management) on both sides (biobank and consumer) of the testing results (they don’t need the locations, but the related changes that happened because of the locations).
- Arranging metadata needed for each of the use cases – in Vol 2, specifically for the biobank use case.
- Agenda Review for November 9 – 11 F2F Meeting in Chicago: please review here and send suggestions via google group: "http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/PaLM_F2F_Agenda_2016-Nov"
- APSR 2.0
- Still making progress on the document – Vol 1 completed, still discussion on Vol 3 and 4 changes.
- Keeping the OID usage updated as well.
- Wiki link: "http://wiki.hl7.de/index.php?title=IG:Pathologiebefund"
- Modalities to participate to NLM/CDC meeting on November 8
- Email update from Ed: The IICC Technical Leadership Team is preparing a draft proposal for a LOINC Format vendors would use to publish the LOINC codes for their IVD Tests. We should be able to share this draft with the PaLM Committee chairs by the end of September.
- Share registration information, once available.
- Still waiting for official announcement in the Federal Register.
- Update on AUTO16 (= IHE-LAW)
- Email update from Ed: The document has been reviewed by the Document Development Committee, and comments submitted by the committee are being addressed. The document will then be prepared for a 60-day Proposed Draft voting period. CLSI currently estimates publication in June of 2017.
- Harmonization IHE PaLM/HL7 IGs: agenda for Baltimore (Riki, François)
- Presenting gap analysis at the HL7 WGM next week.
- Other Topics
- None noted
- No 2nd hour
Next Call: October 12, 2016
Agenda items for October call:
- 1st hour: APSR 2.0 review, one more round of SET review, last check on F2F agenda
- 2nd hour: LSH review (John Hopson)