PaLM Conf Minutes 2016-Jul-13

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to IHE Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (PaLM) Domain

Back to IHE Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (PaLM)Technical Committee Page

Recording

The recording for this meeting can be downloaded here

Attendees

Francois Macary Phast
Carolyn Knapik CAP, secretariet
Benoit Denisselle Beckman Coulter
James Harrison CAP
Raj Dash CAP
Riki Merrick APHL
Mary Kennedy CAP, secretariat
Alessandro Sulis CRS4
Daniel Mancusi Systelab
Jurgen de Decker MIPS
Dan Rutz Epic
Dmytro Rud Roche
Francesca Frexia CRS4
Francesca Vanzo Arsenal IT
Frank Oemig AGFA
Gunter Haroske IHE Germany
Megumi Kondo Sakura Finetek Japan
Ross Simpson CAP
Rich Moldwin CAP
Sam Spencer CAP
George Birdsong CAP

Minutes

Agenda review

1st hour (timing indicative, to be adjusted by each topic leader)

Update on cochair election preparation (5’) – Mary and Carolyn

Status of PaLM TF (2’) – François

PaLM OID registry (3’) – François

PaLM webinar reminder and readiness (5’) – Riki

LSH review and first feedback (25’) –reschedule for August 10 teleconference

SET update (15’) – Alessandro

LCC update (5’) – Jim & Riki

 

2nd hour – may start early

The APSR 2.0 / ART-DÉCOR show by the German team (60’) – Gunter et al.

 

 

Co-Chair election  

  • Yoshimi would like to remain Co-Chair for PaLM.
  • 1 planning co-chair (Riki) and 1 technical co-chair (Francois) up for election.
  • Notice for request for nominations (can be self-nominating) will go out this week.
  • Deadline for nominations is July 31st.
  • Election will be held August –October.
  • Election results will be reported at the F2F in November.

 

PaLM TF  Status

  • Published July 5, 2016  - is fully aligned with the new IHE publication template
  • Still have existing profiles for Trial Implementation – available in former domains  
    • When we update they will migrate over to the new domain
    • First profile to be migrated is APSR v2.0

 

PaLM OID registry: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/OID_Registration

  • PaLM has 2 OID roots: one from AP and one from Lab
  • We own these roots, from here we can assign OIDs we need – example for CDA template IDs, example IDs, vocabulary: code systems and valuesets
  • If OIDs exist, like for SCT / LOINC, we use existing OIDs and will not assign new ones
  • Leveraging use of SCT? – will include in consideration for creation of value sets
  • PaLM specific OIDs are kept here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/PaLM/OIDregistry/
  • Should we keep using the AP OID, or just use one for lab = we will define a single OID for artifacts – does not matter what OID we use
  • Once an OID is built, do not assign meaning to the numbers
  • SDC call later today – can we use OIDs rather than GUIDs for that – Raj and Ross will assign
  • XD-Lab is also in Art décor – Tony Schaller, Kai Heitman in collaboration Gazelle team added it  
    • These are on a different server with no access for us
    • Currently working on getting that issue resolved

 

PaLM webinar review:

  • Have added the AP profile information  
  • Need to update the new projects –
  • Finished slides to be reviewed by Francois, Mary, Raj, and Francesca V

 

SET update:

  • Just completed the updating actor diagrams
  • Specimen collection - specimen transport between places in same institutions, and specimen transport between different institutions
  • Cataloging all events that need to be tracked – vocabulary question: DAM model allows use of status code element (= specimen state) – how can we assign vocabulary to that element – will that be part of the DAM? DAM is working at identifying appropriate vocabulary, but does not do specific binding to single code system / value set
  • Will identify the status codes needed and then try to find codes for all
  • Bio-banking: do we have documents that can help build a use case?
    • Riki will find the notes from the HL7 specimen call – normally protocol dependent
    • Raj may have some diagrams that depict examples of the requirements

 

LCC:

  • Have submitted 5 harmonization proposals
    • Three were accepted on July 12, 2016
    • Call today (July 13) to discuss the remaining two proposals
  • After harmonization, then write up the CRs to support LAB
    • 7 for the new messages structure that includes the REL segment in an OML message

 

Next call is Aug 10, 2016 – DICOM folks will be attending.

 

Face to Face is set for 11/7 – 11/9/2016 at CAP headquarters in Chicago – DICOM WG invitation has been sent

 

APSR 2.0 in Art Decor:

XD-LAB is in the ART-DECOR repository of IHE Europe and public available for all! https://art-decor.ihe-europe.net/art-decor/decor-project--XDLAB-

  • Use this link to connect to art-décor:  http://art-decor.org/art-decor/decor-project--psr-
    • Select “Templates” tab  near top of screen
    • Select “Anatomic Pathology Structured Report”
    • Includes TNM staging module from Germany – is on wiki – Art Décor template is linked to the wiki
  • First look at the reference document – need to update all LabTF references to PaLM TF for example
  • On wiki we create the final version of the document to be published; try to keep as much of the explanations in the template, except for long
  • For new templates we need new OIDs – where we have incorrect OIDs we cannot copy those over to the wiki – need to review those
  • Resend links to the Co-Chairs and volunteers
  • Use this link to get to the APSR 2.0 page of the “German wiki”
  • Chris Carr has released the IHE OID list – we should keep all OIDs in one place – see OID registry topic above – OIDs for APSR are in red in the spreadsheet
  • Francois talked with Kai and Gunther about that last week – Gunther already has added a few OIDs to Art Décor – APSR team owns the spreadsheet for now
  • All can access art décor for review – can send annotations, but for folks who want to edit, can get log in access to art décor – can also edit the wiki page, if needed for the background text

Comments from Gunter Haroske:

  • Transcriptionist = author, pathologist = legal authenticator – we need to specify what each of the CDA roles mean for the PSR
  • The mapping of a concept to a CDA element can be seen in the dataset sheet on AD under „usage“ of the given concept., e.g. „Pathologist“ is used in the following templates, see below:Similar information can be found under „scenarios“.
  • Art Decor.jpg

  • . Example of a report on the wiki. I´d like to propose to include such an example in Vol 1, under „use cases“ an take one of the breast cancer reports Raj provided two years ago.

 

Art Decor demo:

  • Datasets – construct the data we want to convey; linking the template and terminology against each other – link value sets to specific element – link to the template where used
  • Terminology – view of value sets – with metadata for each value set / have SCT, as well as other code systems to create valuesets
  • Templates – overview of main template hierarchy (document / header / sections / entries)
  • How should we add some of the changes that need to be made – is there a way to annotate – for example adding another pathologist as author for specific sections – as long as the changes are supported by the underlying standard – depending if a pathologist writes the whole report it is in header as author, otherwise it will be only at the section level
  • Transcriptionist = author, pathologist = legal authenticator – we need to specify what each of the CDA roles mean for the PSR
  • It is helpful to include the RIM model for the sections we need to better understand why and how the section is put together – that would be on the wiki.
  • Best approach for now: review and send email with questions / comments and then set up calls to discuss and then made edits after that
  • On wiki include a sample report of a pathology report – Raj to share
  • Currently have not done the binding to the datasets at this time – once completed will list multiple places in the future – we can describe that in the dataset where we can see the pathologist in the PSR – as the main author or author or authenticator, etc.

 

Call adjourned 10:55 PM EST