PaLM Conf Minutes 2016-Dec-14
The recording for this meeting can be downloaded HERE
|Raj Dash, Co-Chair||CAP|
|Riki Merrick, Co-Chair||APHL|
|Carolyn Knapik||CAP, secretariat|
|Mary Kennedy||CAP, secretariat|
|David de Mena||SAS|
|Jurgen De Decker||MIPS|
|Megumi Kondo||Sakura Finetek Japan|
Announcement: Dmytro’s last meeting in PaLM – he is leaving Roche, staying in Healthcare, but not lab
F2F date for Japan: May 31 – June 2, 2017
- Still need to find a few numbers for the connectathons – Megumi to look up registry numbers for Japan Riki to send this out to the google group
Call for new proposals:
- open until December 31st, 2016 – will review all proposals on our January committee call
SET document review:
- Merged use cases between inter and intra-organizational organization transfer
- Will a single diagram be enough, or do we need to add a second diagram to describe the different actors in the lab that touch the specimen for custody tracking – do we keep the pre-/post-processors?
- Pre-and post-processor is not mandatory
- How do we show different kinds of devices – analyzer or pre-/ post-processor, so combine these devices into a single actor “Laboratory Device”, and remove the redundant events, once this is done. The distinction between Analyzer, Pre/post-processor is just textual information, and can also be carried in the metadata of the event.
- Specimen discharge and specimen archive (= post-processor)
- Re-identification –person collecting tissue has access to the patient info – in the lab create a new number for bio-banking number – keeping a link to the original patient ID – but others do NOT have that access. Sometimes the de-identification occurs later or in some cases it does not happen, when the sample is helped indefinitely – to identify if biobank tissue has additional information for the clinical case (e.g. if there is cancer in the biobank sample, then the biobanking event is canceled) – but at some point de-identification could become total.
- Need to decouple de-identification and re-identification – biobanking identifier vs clinical identifier – when each of these steps happen is described by the research protocol, everyone is different
- Store both container ID and biobanking ID – container IDs across shipping orgs may not be unique, so we need to track both – important that vendors support MORE THAN ONE ID per biobanking specimen
- Not in diagram, but have in text
- Shared the example XML file by Gunter
- Procedure Step section tracks all procedures performed on specimen
Riki drops off at 10:00 AM ET
Next call is on January 11, same time.