PaLM Conf Minutes 2016-Apr-06

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to IHE Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (PaLM) Domain

Back to IHE Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (PaLM)Technical Committee Page

Recording

Recording available for download at HERE

Attendees

Name Organization IHE Member? 6-Apr-2016
Alessandro Sulis CRS4 Y X
Andre Huisman Medical PHIT
Anne Gaelle Berge IHE Y
Anna Orlova APHA
Benoit Denisselle Beckman/Coulter X
Carolyn Knapik CAP Y X
Cecilia Mascia
Charles Parisot GE/Siemens Y
Christel Daniel AP-HP
Daniel Mancusi Systelab Y
Daniel Rutz Epic Y
David de Mena SAS X
David Escoffier Medasys
Dmytro Rud Roche Y X
Ed Heierman Abbott Y
Fabio Clemci Inpeco Y
Filip Migom MIPS Y
Francesca Frexia CRS4 Y X
Francesca Vanzo Arsenal IT Y
Francois Macary Phast Y X
Frank Oemig AGFA Y
Genichi Kato Shiga Hospital
Gunter Haroske IHE Germany Y X
James Wulkan Beckman/Coulter
Jeffrey Karp CAP Y
James Harrison CAP Y X
Joanna Selinsky Beckman/Coulter
John David Nolen Cerner Y X
John Hopson Abbott Y X
John Murphy mTuitive
Joost Van Averbeke MIPS Y
Jurgen De Decker MIPS Y X
Laurent Lardin BioMerieux Y
Luca Giachetti Inpeco Y
Mark Law mTuitive X
Mary Kennedy CAP Y X
Megumi Kondo Sakura Finetek Japan X
Mikael Wintell DICOM Y
Naomi Ishii JAHIS Y X
Nick Haarselhurst Philips Y
Raj Dash CAP Y X
Riki Merrick APHL/ Vernetzt LLC Y
Sandy Jones CDC Y
Thomas Schrader Brandenberg
Ward Lootens MIPS Y
Robert Adams VHA X

Minutes

  • Housekeeping: Updates & checks on wiki, roster – Carolyn and Mary
    • PaLM roster is now available on the wiki at: <a href="http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/PaLM_Meeting_Roster">http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/PaLM_Meeting_Roster</a>
    • Teleconference recordings are now available via meeting minutes on the wiki
    • net domain page still lists AP and Lab which contain links to the obsolete google groups;
      • Mary and Carolyn to work on getting this resolved (deprecate AP and LAB) and replace with our new PaLM domain with correct information and links
      • Add this as a topic for Secretary and DCC meeting agendas for escalation
      • Sabrina to follow up with Mary Jungers and Chris Carr
    • Discussion on Structured Reporting / data capture / cross domain white paper – Raj Click here for MergedProposal_PALM_RFJ.docx
      • Where would we keep a data element repository?
        • IHE ?
        • csDSR ?
        • Create something new with global support?
        • Need a way to index the concepts we are going to capture as part of this profile.
      • What do we need to add to the German proposal to make it work for IHE ? What would we need to do in order to add a clinical path ?
      • Standards – can we develop a license with IHTSDO to be able to use SNOMED CT in all of the IHE profiles where it is currently used ? Chris Carr working on this currently.
      • Idea of a global registry ?
      • Raj to continue to develop ideas and white paper with JD and Francois
        • Google doc
        • Combine use case 6 with either use case 1 or 3
        • Focus on 3 use cases to move forward
          • JD recommends use cases 1, 2, and 3 while leveraging the German work and remove SMART for now.
          • Raj will post back to google docs
        • Francois mentioned that the white paper will bring the arguments and options that Raj had mentioned.
      • Estimated time allotment for F2F in Berlin : If we can complete three use cases and also have time to talk about the central registry, then :
        • 1 hour for use cases
        • 1 hour for data registry
      • We will use a core editing team for the doc shared in googleDoc
        • Others to review and comment
        • Mary will collate all edits
      • Discussion of Specimen Event Tracking (SET) – Alessandro Click here for SET Work in Progress Document
        • Four SET use cases emerging so far
          • Use case 1: specimen tracking around blood specimen collection
          • Use case 2: inter-organization specimen event tracking
          • Use case 3: intra-organization specimen event tracking – work area of lab
            • Potential overlap with LDA, LSH, LAW on specimen handoff
          • Use case 4: biobanking – will focus only on specimen event (not biobanking per se.)
            • Specimen archival not included-just high level of tracking
            • Additional profile needed for biobanking
          • Next Steps:
            • Complete LDA/LAW/LSH analysis
            • Collect documents for Biobank analysis
            • Remaining PaLM profiles/use cases analysis
            • First version of a SET proposal to be shared via Google group
              • Alessandro to share draft week of May 6th
            • Allocate 1.5 hours for SET discussion at Berlin F2F
          • Face to Face Meeting in Berlin, May 23 – 25, 2016 - Francois
          • LSH Follow-up and Review – John Hopson
            • October F2F (JAHIS)
              • Discussed LSH Wiki content
              • Discussed preliminary supplement content
              • Collected feedback
            • Update Wiki Content by May 16th (one week before F2F)
            • Preliminary LSH Supplement
              • Distribute by May 16th (one week before F2F)
              • Discuss at F2F
            • Contact Participants
              • Notify of activities and ask about participation
              • Possible Participation
                • Inpeco - Luca Giachetti
                • GLP - Sysmex partnership
                • A&T - Nobuyuki Chiba
                • Kiestra - (bought by Beckton Dickinson)  developing automation system for microbiology (plate movement)
                • Copan - also working on microbiology automation system (follow up with Laurent)
                • Hitachi-Hightech  - Naomi Ishii
                • Biomarieux - Laurent  (not sure of participation - scope change in product)
                • Roche - Dmytro
                • Beckman Coulter - Chris Barnes
                • Data Innovations - (Epic outsources instrument connections to DI now)
                • IHE Japan - Yoshimi Hirasawa - Co-Chair IHE-Lab - <a href="mailto:y.hirasawa@technomedica.co.jp">hirasawa@technomedica.co.jp</a>
                • Leica -
                • Cerner Robotics - JD Nolen
                • (contact other automation companies)
              • May 11 teleconference call is CANCELLED due to conflict with HL7 WGM in Montreal