PCD TC 2008-08-06 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons

Date: Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

  1. Review of minutes of July 23
  2. Profile Review (Vote to Release as Trial Implementation Versions postponed):
  • Alarm Communication Management (ACM)
  • Point-of-care Infusion Verification (PIV)
  • Rosetta Terminology Mapping (RTM)
  1. PCD TF Final Text Process Review
  2. Update Action Items
  3. New Issues


Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings

Minutes from previous meetings for review/approval:

Minutes from July 23, http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_TC_2008-07-23_Webex

Action Items from the previous meeting:


Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
44 Determine the status of standards development in the Health Industry Bar Code Council (HIBCC) Dr. Mun Jeff Secunda 8/20/2008 OPEN updated 7/23: Manny to find contacts at HIBCC, set meeting with PCD Cochairs. previous: Dr. Mun to ask HIBCC if the EUI-64 identifier can be incorporated into messages and if HIBCC is open to collaboration with PCD. Todd & Paul to discuss GS1.
60 Update TF Todd 8/27/08 OPEN Establishing dates for Webex meetings to finalize TF. Todd will ask the IHE Cochairs if the format must be changed to the new format or can be left as is. Manny will set up Google Group, invite those who respond to Doodle to join the effort


61 Add ACK to SPD - Al will send Paul a suggestion and the update should be available the end of July. Paul Al Engelbert 7/24/08 OPEN Al will submit draft to Paul. Todd will follow up.
62 Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations; which domain is responsible? Todd Aug. 6, 2008 OPEN Todd take to IHE Cochairs. Can consistency be achieved for bar coding across vendors, domains?
64 Initiate ACM waveform transmission profile Todd Ken Sept. 3, 2008 OPEN Paul has an approach for reporting multiple numeric values, will be needed for next year’s cycle, moving date to Sept. Todd will check on prior submission to IHE cochairs.
65 Prepare profiles for registration. Todd Al Engelbert, John Garguilo, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders. Aug. 6, 2008 OPEN Todd will set up a Google Group.



<Add links to discussion materials here for review before the meeting, or that are added during the discussion>


Participants

Chair/Host: Todd Cooper, Breakthrough Solutions, Inc.
Alex Beechie, Jon Blasingame, Steve Borchers, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

2 Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues: Minutes of July 23 were approved.

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • #44 HIBCC: change to Cochairs, Manny has call with HIBCC CEO today.
  • #60 TF update: first meeting held, next on Monday. Update will include PIB, SPD. Then it will be released for public comment (September). Todd asked for comments, suggestions.
  • #61 Add ACK to SPD: Al will clarify the ACK in the TF and this will address the issue – because acknowledgement for all PCD-01 and PCD-02 transactions will require original ACK. Al said the TF update will address this issue.
  • #62: Todd will add to Future Topics Agenda of Domain Cochairs. Change to 8/20.
  • #64: Initiate ACM waveform transmission profile – Todd will contact the ACM cochairs to initiate work on supplement. Ken suggested that this be a stand alone profile that would first be applied to ACM. Paul suggested that the charter indicate PCD’s desire to eventually support a continuous stream. Todd will add this data type in the TF update to SPD supplement to accommodate waveforms.
  • #65: Need to get a version of PCD-01 in the MWB. Todd asked if it is possible to register until after the TF update. PCD likely won’t finalize the application until the TF has been updated following the public comment period. Todd will set up Google Group and Wiki Page to establish a baseline. Change date to Oct. 1

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • #62: Todd will add to Future Topics Agenda of Domain Cochairs
  • #64: Todd will contact the ACM cochairs to initiate work on supplement.
  • #65: Manny to update Peter and indicate desire to have training and updated MWB.
4 Technical Framework Update
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • The Wiki page is operational.
  • HL7 has added the following:
R+ indicates that an item that is optional in HL7 has been constrained in a profile and is no longer optional.
R2 is under consideration and should be available later this month.
PCD may have to update the TF tables to conform.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Announcements
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • Todd has asked IEEE RAC about issuing an OID for EUI-64
  • IHE general conventions will be captured and placed in ITI. ITI vol. 2 Appendix C has the conventions for all domains. E.g., IHE does not permit Z segments unless defined in the ITI profile – and not in the domain profile alone.
  • HITSP RMON, PCD comments: first meeting last Friday, next one this Friday. Discussion may continue for several weeks.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Supplements for Trial Implementation versions release next week
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Status of the Trial Implementation versions:
  • PIV: Jeff said it should be completed Thursday; there will be a specific ACK for the “give”.
  • ACM: John said it should be finished Thursday, sent for review by TC on Friday.
  • RTM: Paul said this is ready for TC review now, while the tables will be refined further.
Conference call Webex Tuesday morning on each of the TI’s – email vote or during the Webex.

Decisions/Issues:

  • Vote on the release of the Trial Implementation versions is scheduled for 10 am EDT on Tuesday. Email votes are requested in advance.

Action(s):

  • Manny to send the TI versions for review in preparation of vote as the WGs are ready.



Next Meeting

August 20, http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_TC_2008-08-20_Webex was cancelled; the next meeting was Sept. 3: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_TC_2008-09-03_Webex

Approved Sept. 3: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_TC_2008-09-03_Webex


PCD Home