PCD TC 2008-07-23 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons

Date: Every Wednesday, from Wednesday, November 7, 2007 to Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1 Review of minutes of July 9
2 Schedule Review
3 Profile Status Review:
  • Alarm Communication Management (ACM)
  • Point-of-care Infusion Verification (PIV)
  • Rosetta Terminology Mapping (RTM)
NOTE: Formal vote to accept the Trial Implementation Versions of Supplements | Public Comments received have been considered; responses have been documented on the RSNA Forums threads. | The initial documents have been revised consistent with the comments and responses. | Release of the documents as Trial Implementation Versions requires vote of IHE membership qualifying to vote.
4 PCD TF Final Text Process Review
5 IHE International Update
6 IEEE EUI-64 ISO OID Update
7 HITSP RMON Public Comments from IHE PCD Update & Review
8 Update Action Items
9 New Issues

Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings

Minutes from previous meetings for review/approval:

Minutes from July 9, http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_TC_2008-07-09_Webex


Action Items from the previous meeting:

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
44 Determine the status of standards development in the Health Industry Bar Code Council (HIBCC) Dr. Mun Jeff Secunda 7/23/2008 OPEN Dr. Mun to ask HIBCC if the EUI-64 identifier can be incorporated into messages and if HIBCC is open to collaboration with PCD. Todd & Paul to discuss GS1. Manny to contact Dr. Mun, copy Jeff Secunda.
60 Update TF Todd 7/30/08 OPEN Todd located the .doc files is checking with Didi, Chris to be certain he has the same, latest version that went to them for conversion to PDF and posting. He will ask the IHE Cochairs if the format must be changed to the new format or can be left as is.


61 Add ACK to SPD - Al will send Paul a suggestion and the update should be available the end of July. Paul Al Engelbert 7/24/08 OPEN Al will submit draft to Paul.
62 Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations; which domain is responsible? Todd July 23, 2008 OPEN Todd take to IHE Cochairs. Can consistency be achieved for bar coding across vendors, domains?
64 Initiate ACM waveform transmission profile Todd Ken Sept. 3, 2008 OPEN Paul has an approach for reporting multiple numeric values, will be needed for next year’s cycle, moving date to Sept. Todd will check on prior submission to IHE cochairs.


Participants

Chair/Host: Todd Cooper, Breakthrough Solutions, Inc.
Alex Beechie, Jon Blasingame, Steve Borchers, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Colin FX, Joel Halle, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues: Approved, noting that the Supplements are not ready for review.

Action(s):

2 Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues: Approved Minutes of July 9

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • #44 - Manny will research appropriate contacts at HIBCC and set up a conference call with PCD Cochairs. Change date to Aug. 20.
  • #60 - Establishing dates for Webex meetings to finalize TF. Move to end of August.
  • #61 - No change.
  • #62 - Move date to August 6.

Decisions/Issues:

  • Add new item (#65): Prepare profiles (esp. PCD-01) for registration. Al Engelbert, John Garguilo, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders. Todd will set up a Google Group.

Action(s):

  • #60 - Manny to remind PCD to respond to Doodle survey for meeting dates/times and to set up Google Group, invite those who respond to Doodle for joining the effort. Manny will also set up a Google Group for this discussion (e.g., ihe-pcd-tech-framework)
  • #61 - Todd will follow up.
  • #62 - Todd will add this to the Co-Chairs Future Issues List
  • #65 - Todd will set up Google Group for this activity
4 Supplement Update
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Profiles were to be updated and approved today. None are ready today.
Todd noted that groups should use the versions Didi posted as the ones to be rewritten – she made format changes. Reviews of ACM public comment is complete and rewrite has begun. There will be a two hour meeting tomorrow to review changes made as a result; likely will continue beyond Thursday.
Paul has made a number of format changes to RTM, with the goal to have a concise, cohesive, normalized set of information that is easy to use and easy to maintain. Todd will provide a UML model for inclusion in the Profile Supplement. Other information will be added by Todd, Jan. Revisions should be complete this week and finalized next week.
PIV will finish review tomorrow.

Decisions/Issues: Action(s):

  • Manny to contact editors and learn when text will be available for the TC to approve these for publication as Trial Implementation. Perhaps special meeting next week an hour earlier – ask if they will be available and if they can meet an hour earlier.
5 Announcements
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • WHIT, Asian Showcase - PCD has not been asked to participate in their Connectatons or Showcases. Manny to ask LaVerne if PCD should seek member participation.
  • IHE has an HL7 Review Task Force. Todd would like them to help resolve issues on some public comments to the PIV supplement, esp. with respect to MSH field usage. There’s a Wiki page for this group.
  • IHE Domain Coordination Committee has a Wiki (Domain Coord – Future Agenda Topics) for those interested.
  • Todd made a presentation to the IEEE RAC about using ISO OIDs to reference IEEE materials. Intention is to register PCD TF with HL7, using “external oid.” Todd asked if IEEE would set up a general registry that can be viewed on line. E.g., www.oid-info.com

Decisions/Issues: Action(s):

  • Manny to ask LaVerne if PCD should seek member participation.
  • Todd to clarify with the IEEE RAC re. an EUI-64 data type OID; the IEEE OID Tutorial ver 0.5 only indicates an EUI-64 value encoding, not the data type ID.
  • Todd will identify the contact point for the IHE HL7 Review TF, and submit the issues from the PIV supplement to that group for (hopefully rapid) resolution.
6 HITSP RMON Public Comments
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • Todd led discussion of document, the process PCD and he has used to develop comments, indicating that Paul, Robert, Ken, Elliot contributed to the comments. Todd will collate and edit the comments, prepare the response and submit it in advance of the Friday deadline. It will be submitted as the product of several PCD members' collaboration.
Todd asked for comments (the existing marked up version is available at the link provided above) and will make the comments available prior to submission.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Todd to prepare final text for the RMON comments, submit to group for review on Thursday (2008.07.24) and submit to HITSP on Friday (2008.07.25).


Next Meeting

August 6, http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_TC_2008-08-06_Webex

Minutes approved on August 6, 2008 http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_TC_2008-08-06_Webex


PCD Home