PCD TC 2008-06-25 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly Scheduled PCD Technical Committee Bi-weekly Meeting
Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons Date: Every Wednesday, from Wednesday, November 7, 2007 to Wednesday, July 9, 2008 Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York ) Duration: 60 Minutes
- Review of minutes of the May 14 meeting
- Review PCD Schedule
- 2008 Fall F2F Meeting
- Webinar Series Update
- IHE Governance / Participation Update
- HITSP Update
- RMON Status
- Updated AHIC Priorities
- TC215 US TAG Update
- CEN DTS 29321 Controversy
- UCUM Maintenance
- PCD-01 HL7 Registration - Team Needed
- Supplements Out For Review
- PCD Supplements (ACM, RTM, PIV)
- Lab CDA - Coming Soon!!!
- TF Supplement Update
- Supplement CP Template Review
- Update Action Items
Attachments / Materials
Minutes of May 14 are found at http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_TC_2008-05-14_Webex
Action Items from the May 14:
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 44 Determine the status of standards development in the Health Industry Bar Code Council (HIBCC) Dr. Mun Jeff Secunda 4/23/2008 OPEN Dr. Mun to ask HIBCC if the EUI-64 identifier can be incorporated into messages and if HIBCC is open to collaboration with PCD. Todd & Paul to discuss GS1. Manny to contact Dr. Mun; attempt to include in F2F 46 4/23/2008 OPEN PCD Wiki to post profiles, other items for review by PCD and other domains. See minutes of 11/28/07. Radiology is the template. Need to update Wiki for DEC profile; will need to submit to TC215; Todd will coord with Bikram to post. On May 14: Todd will update, clarify links on ihe.net/pcd. 51 Develop comprehensive table of physiological parameter coding including units Jack, Paul, Todd Alex Beechie, Ken Fuchs, Bikram Day, John Rhoads 4/23/2008 OPEN Paul will provide an updated version. 57 Real Time Location Systems Ken Fuchs Paul Schluter, Todd Cooper, In Mun 4/23/2008 OPEN HL7 v3 RTLS in process and will be discussed as a project at the January San Antonio Meetings. Documents have been published. May need tutorial. Ballot closes 1/8/08. 60 Update TF Todd 4/30/08 OPEN
61 Add ACK message to SPD Paul OPEN 62 Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations; which domain is responsible? Todd OPEN Will take to IHE Cochairs. 63 How best to address PCD message security? Ken Fuchs OPEN Ken will take to ITI for advice 64 Initiate ACM waveform transmission profile Todd OPEN
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper, Breakthrough Foundry, Inc.
- Jon Blasingame, Stever Borchers, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, John Garguilo, Colin FX Garstka, Peter Hendler, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Manny Furst
- <Adjust table rows per meeting needs>
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Approval of Minutes
Decisions/Issues: May 14 minutes approved with an update.
3 Action Items Review
- #44- Manny to ask I K Mun for an update, copy Jeff Secunda
- #46, 51- Close
- #57 - ask Ken for an update.
- #60 - extend to end of July
- #61 - Add ACK to SPD - Al will send Paul a suggestion and the update should be available the end of July.
- Peter Hendler's CDA demonstration is now a part of the NHIN process.
- Todd reviewed the IHE PCD Calendar for development of next year's profiles and posted on the IHE calendar.
- Todd discussed the need for companies to join the IHE and have voting privileges. He noted that non-member participation in meetings, especially the working groups, will be discussed with the IHE board.
- AHIC Priorities and Use Case Roadmap will be published by AHIC in July. The Lab is the first use case that has implications for PCD. PCD will schedule meetings in July to develop a PCD response to AHIC. Todd asked for participants: Paul, John Rhoads, Steve Borchers volunteerd. Common Device Connectivity is one of the approved 2009 Use Case Extensions and Gaps.
- TC 215 - the US group will discuss an assessment of the ISO/CEN TS 29321 on health software risk management; Todd invited members to participate - please let him know.
- Al Engelbert will lead discussion of use of the Message Workbench to generate and submit a registered HL7 v2.x message profile (that registration OID will go in MSH-21 for PCD-01 messages). John Garguilo, Robert Flanders, Todd Cooper and John Rhoads will participate.
- Todd noted the IHE Webinar series in preparation for the Connectathon and Showcase. The schedule and registration are found at http://www.ihe.net/north_america/connectathon2009.cfm? Note the June 17 PCD presentation.
5 Supplements Out for Review
- Steve Moore provided numerous comments and these have been addressed by the ACM working group.
- Todd asked that members register and review the supplements (need to register to submit reviews), and registration may take a day or two - registration requests are reviewed by someone.
- Submitters are asked to use a template to facilitate WG reviews. Manny will send a link or the form. (version 7)
- IHE approved a new format for Supplements. Todd will find out if IHE expects PCD to modify this year's supplements before publishing as Trial Implementation versions.
- Todd asked if someone would quickly review Shared Value Sets (SVS) and Lab CDA (soon to be out). Paul and John Rhoads indicated that GE and Philips are reviewing them.
Reviewed & approved by PCD TC 2008-07-09, http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_TC_2008-07-09_Webex&action=edit