PCD Pump 2021-05-24 WebEx
IHE PCD Infusion Pump Working Group discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD Infusion Pump WG
Date: Monday, May 24, 2021
Time: 12:00, Eastern Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
Note: Specific web & phone information will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Kurt Elliason for more information.
- 1. Review today's Agenda
- 2. Review 2021-05-10 Pump WebEx Session
- 3. Units of measure
- 4. Discussion following F2f on flush and priming
- 5. Review PCD Device Infusion Pump Action Items
- 6. New Business / Next Meetings
Attachments / Materials
- <add attachments links here>
- Chair/Host: Kurt Elliason (Smiths Medical)
- Participants: Al Engelbert (BBraun), Andrea Robertson (Smiths), Brian Sullivan(BD), Brian Witkowski (BBraun), Dan Kernan (Epic), Jeff Rinda (Interoperability Solutions), Lisa Digget (BD), Marufur Rahmen (ICU), Michael Workman (BD), Paul Schluter (), Shantanu Chawla (BD), Tom Kowalczyk (BBraun);
- NOTE: Action Item Review updates have been posted directly to the Infusion Pump Action Items wiki page
Item Topic Discussion 1 Agenda & Discussion Notes Review
2 Units of measure
- Regenstrief (UCUM) is looking at mgPE
- Updates to correct hr vs h and Al's other updates have been done.
- Dan K email about units for mg of X
- For example zosyn (piperacillin & tazobactam) is a common combination antibiotic that, which generally ordered in g or mg of the combination product in adults, and is usually dosed in “mg of piperacillin” in pediatric populations. Unasyn (ampicillin & sulbactam) is another good example, often dosed in “mg of ampicillin”. So I was hoping there were MDC codes for this "mg of X" and its various permutations.
· Mg of X · Mg of X/Hr · Mg of X/kg/min · Mg of X/kg · etc
- follow up in 3 weeks. Dan will talk to internal clinical team
3 Discussion following F2F on flush and priming
- Added some new terms last meeting
- _MDC_PUMP_DELIV_STAT pump-delivery-status-priming
- _MDC_PUMP_NOT_DELIVERING_REASON pump-stopped-flushing
- Create a separate info channel for priming info channel to track fluid that doesn't go into patient
- Will need a new term MDC_DEV_PUMP_PRIMING_INFO
- Would need new enum in _MDC_PUMP_SOURCE_INFO for priming
- _MDC_PUMP_SOURCE_INFO pump-source-info-priming
- "The infusion pump is currently priming the fluid line. This fluid is not intended to be delivered to the patient, but rather to fill the line, purge air, etc."
- Would send a IPEC Start and Stop events , receiver would need to check active source to know if it is priming or an actual infusion
4 Next Meeting
- Topics will include ...
NOTE: Next Meeting will be held during the regularly scheduled time: 11:00 (Eastern) on June 14 (60 minutes)
(Reviewed & approved by PCD Infusion Pump WG on <TBD>