PCD Pump 2021-04-12 WebEx
IHE PCD Infusion Pump Working Group discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD Infusion Pump WG
Date: Monday, April 12, 2021
Time: 12:00, Eastern Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
Note: Specific web & phone information will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Kurt Elliason for more information.
- 1. Review today's Agenda
- 2. Review 2021-03-22 Pump WebEx Session
- 3a. Discussion of usage of MultiDose (pump-program-delivery-mode-multi-dosing)
- 3b. Discussion of new terms for Relay, Maintenance (used for flush, prime, and KVO), Intermittent delivery mode type
- 4a. Rack/Stack/Piller
- 4b. Units of measure
- 5. Review PCD Device Infusion Pump Action Items
- 6. New Business / Next Meetings
Attachments / Materials
- <add attachments links here>
- Chair/Host: Kurt Elliason (Smiths Medical)
- Participants: Al Engelbert (BBraun), Andrea Robertson (Smiths), Brian Sullivan(BD), Brian Witkowski (BBraun), Jeff Rinda (Interoperability Solutions), Lisa Digget (BD), Marufur Rahmen (ICU), Matt Hottel (Cerner), Michael Workman (BD), Paul Schluter (), Shantanu Chawla (BD), Tom Kowalczyk (BBraun);
- NOTE: Action Item Review updates have been posted directly to the Infusion Pump Action Items wiki page
Item Topic Discussion 1 Agenda & Discussion Notes Review
2 Multidose/new terms
- Pump delivery modes
- What is difference between multi dosing and multistep
- Multi-dose - give a dose and then pump stops for a period of time then delivers another dose. The dose and time period do not have to be the same each time. An Intermittent infusion is a subset of multi-dose.
- Multi-step - give a dose of x for a duration then switch to a different dose for another period.
- Ramp-taper - ramp up to a plateau for a period of time
- Need to add detail for each term in RTMMS.
4 Next Meeting
- Topics will include ...
NOTE: Next Meeting will be held during the regularly scheduled time: 11:00 (Eastern) on April 26 (60 minutes)
(Reviewed & approved by PCD Infusion Pump WG on <TBD>