PCD Pump 2021-02-08 WebEx
IHE PCD Infusion Pump Working Group discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD Infusion Pump WG
Date: Monday, February 8, 2021
Time: 12:00, Eastern Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
Note: Specific web & phone information will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Kurt Elliason for more information.
- 1. Review today's Agenda
- 2. Review 2020-01-25 Pump WebEx Session
- 3. Follow-up on CPs for new Rack terms
- 4. Discussion of FHIR based approach to pump programming - Brian W
- 5. Review PCD Device Infusion Pump Action Items
- 6. New Business / Next Meetings
Attachments / Materials
- <add attachments links here>
- Example Rask and Stacks Diagram https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ng6opzNZDf1DTtR80Dp1wp9vpSoMkcO6/view?usp=sharing
- Chair/Host: Kurt Elliason (Smiths Medical)
- Participants: Anil Kochhar(Johns Hopkins University), Andrea Robertson (Smiths), Brian Witkowski (BBraun), Caroline Cornelius (Baxter), Dan Kernan (Epic), Jeff Rinda (Interoperability Solutions), Marufur Rahmen (ICU), Paul Schluter (CMI), Tom Kowalczyk (BBraun); Todd Cooper(IHE)
- NOTE: Action Item Review updates have been posted directly to the Infusion Pump Action Items wiki page
Item Topic Discussion 1 Agenda & Discussion Notes Review
2 CPs for new Rack terms
- Reviewed diagram from last meeting.
- Tom to draft initial CP based on BBRaun's implementation as a starting point for further discussion, need to get Fresenius input as well.
- Tom to draft initial CP based on BBRaun's implementation
- Kurt to check with Paul Sherman about Fresenius involvement
- Kurt to send Visio diagrams to Tom
3 Discussion of FHIR based approach to pump programming
- Brian W
- brief discussion of what could be done.
- If we needed a more disconnected pump solution FHIR could be used, it would be more about content of messages vs structure.
- Probably not used in an acute setting, More likely for a Home care use where connectivity is not guaranteed.
- Todd suggested some people to contact for more information
3.5 Other topics
- Todd & Paul
- Todd Cooper question about Alert logging
- Came out of Isolation Point of Care use case.
- SDPi white paper talked about using FHIR for alert logging. A type of ACON.
- What other contextual information is available for analytics. Is anyone doing any work in this area? No one on the call knew of any.
- Stefan Schlichting has been doing work with latest pump term containment tree spreadsheet. Getting all terms into BICEPS model
- Would be able to schedule a presentation of the work for the pump WG in the future
- Paul - Charles Parisot is looking for information on messages
- Are there examples of normative messages for piggyback infusion that could be used to write a validator. Jeff R - IPEC has a lot of use case examples but not messages.
4 Next Meeting
- Topics will include ...
NOTE: Next Meeting will be held during the regularly scheduled time: 11:00 (Eastern) on February 22 (60 minutes)
(Reviewed & approved by PCD Infusion Pump WG on <TBD>