PCD Pump 2012-02-08 WebEx
IHE PCD Infusion Pump Working Group discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD Infusion Pump WG
Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Time: 14:00, Eastern Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes'
Note: Specific web & phone information will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Manny Furst for more information.
- 1. Review today's Agenda
- 2. Working group status review
- 3. March Summit Update (Zubaidi)
- 4. New Term Process Update using RTMMS (Garguilo)
- 5. Review updated TF structure slides (per 2012.02.01 decisions)
- 6. Begin to identify common and unique content for different device types per the (4) proposed documnets
- 7. New Business
Attachments / Materials
- <add attachments links here>
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper (BSF) Note: Jeff Rinda could not make the meeting
- Participants: Paul Elletson (Smiths), Al Engelbert (B.Braun), John Garguilo (NIST), Neil Henry (...), Christopher Kohlbrecher (...), Sandra Martinez (NIST), John Rhoads (Philips), Paul Schluter (GE), Erin Sparnon (ECRI), Jonathan Walton (Hospira, sitting in for Jeff Rinda), Khalid Zubaidi (CareFusion)
- NOTE: Action Item Review updates have been posted directly to the Infusion Pump Action Items wiki page
Item Topic Discussion 1 Agenda Review & Discussion Notes
- Agenda reviewed & approved without change
- Discussion notes from 2012.02.01 WebEx reviewed and approved.
2 PCD Infusion Pump WG Summit
Khalid (CareFusion) confirmed that they will be able to host the IHE PCD Infusion Pump WG Summit late March:
- March 27 - 29 (Tuesday through Thursday)
- @ CareFusion in San Diego ... America's Finest City!
The meetings will be in a different building than was used previously. So Khalid will provide logistics and hotel options soon.
Meeting agenda shall include:
- 1. Content Level Review of:
- Device Specialization - General Content Module (MEM support)
- Device Specialization - Infusion Pump Content Module (transitive across all pump DS documents - TBD)
- Device Specialization - Infusion Pump - LVP Profile Supplement
- Device Specialization - Infusion Pump - Syringe Profile Supplement
- Device Specialization - Infusion Pump - PCA Profile Supplement
- 2. IHE Medication Administration Clinical Integration Strategy White Paper draft review.
- 3. New Term Processing Process Review + Identification of New Terms to be Defined
- 4. Matters Arising
- 1. Content Level Review of:
3 Press Release
Erin described different pictures and messages that would be compelling, showing all the pump system vendors with a message like, "We're ready ... are you?!" or "Got EHRs"?
IHE MarCom (Marketing Committee) has a Press Release request process that could be used to get approval for inclusion in news letters / news bites.
- (Erin) Draft up some sample ideas for review at HIMSS
- (Pump Vendors) Discuss idea with marketing to get an initial approval to jointly issue the press release
4 New Term Processing
- Garguilo / Schluter
Todd introduced the problem before the infusion pump WG, namely that they currently have some terms included in the RTM that have not been added to the standardized 11073-10101 terminology + do not have valid term codes. Also, as these device specializations are defined, new terms will need to be added. What is the process for achieving this in a timely fashion.
John Garguilo described what NIST is providing with the RTMMS tool. There are still copyright and access issues with the IEEE, but these are being worked out and an initial limited "go live" should happen this week. Limited access will be supported for a month (i..e, to early March) after which general access should be provided.
Paul Schluter added a discussion about the process including definition of provisional Reference IDs and term codes. This was a topic of discussion at the San Antonio standards meetings in January (HL7 & IEEE 11073) - see notes of those meetings for more detailed information. Also, it was the subject of the DPI WebEx call 2012.02.09.
By the time of the March Summit, a fully worked out process and initial submission set to RTMMS should be ready.
5 Use Cases
Todd discussed the need to collect infusion pump type specific use cases for inclusion in the LVP, syringe and PCA profile documents.
- (Erin) Provide standardized programming sequences to see if those would be easily converted into some use cases
- (Todd) Provide some examples that would help the group understand what needs to be provided
- (Erin / Todd) Bring up issue @ AAMI Infusion Pump Committee meetings next week to see if they have some use cases that could be used.
6 Next Meeting
- The group decided that the next meeting will be 2012.02.15, though it may be delayed to an ad hoc meeting scheduled during HIMSS.
Next week is AAMI Standards Week and some of the participants will not be available for the meeting.
- Topics <TBD>
NOTE: Next Meeting will be held during the regularly scheduled time: 14:00 (Eastern) on 2012.02.15 (60 minutes) ... though it may be deferred until HIMSS since next week is AAMI Standards Week and some participants will not be able to participate.
(Reviewed & approved by PCD Infusion Pump WG on 2012.03.07