PCD Pump 2010-03-17 WebEx
IHE PCD Infusion Pump Working Group discussions.
Topic: IHE PCD Infusion Pump WG
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Time: 14:00, Eastern Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes'
Note: Specific web & phone information will be provided via e-mail to group members.
Contact Manny Furst for more information.
- 1. Review today's Agenda
- 2. Review Infusion Pump Summit Action Items
- 3. "one-shot" SPD Specification Discussion (Action Item #13)
- 4. Open Discussion
- 5. Next Meeting Schedule & Agenda
Attachments / Materials
- <add attachments links here>
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions)
- Participants: Fred Ehrhardt (Capsule), Al Engelbert (B.Braun), Brad Lunde (Carefusion), John Rhoads (Philips), Paul Schluter (GE), Erin Sparnon (ECRI)
- NOTE: Action Item Review updates have been posted directly to the Infusion Pump Action Items wiki page
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- No changes made to the posted agenda
Note: A number of working group members were not able to attend to do commitments.
2 Infusion Pump Action Items Review
- Reviewed the action items list from the F2F meeting
- Updated the target delivery dates
- Minor notes added to the updated list
- Move the F2F action items list to the "current" infusion pump action item list & archive the 2009 version
- Identify which 2009 items should be brought forward to the updated list.
3 SPD Single Shot Specification
- This discussion was based on Action Item #13
- There was a general discussion about the single shot SPD filter history + the general use cases that need to be supported, including:
- . Snapshot of current information
- . Query of buffered information over a certain period (e.g., while the device was off line)
- . Query of archived "bulk" data (e.g., from a full disclosure database)
- Reviewed the 2008-10 Boston F2F discussion:
- - 2008-10 Discussion Notes (search for "CP for SPD")
- - John Rhoads indicated that when he mentioned this to his architectural team, he met with strong resistence
- - The needs identified during that discussion persist to this day and should be addressed
- - More market & company-internal questioning is needed to identify next steps to support the broader use cases
NOTE: "Meaningful Use" demands this extended query support.
- Risk Assessment: It was noted (Schluter) that there are clinical risks that result from the incomplete reporting of device data. All discussions around use of the SPD filtering mechanisms must also make mention of the need to understand and mitigate these risks.
- Though the broader query & filtering discussions must be engaged by the PCD TC, the short term single shot proposal should be pursued independently.
- (Brad & Al) make a proposal for the single shot feature to be discussed at the 2010.04.07 meeting
- (Todd) Send an e-mail to TC interested parties re. the general "query model" requirements (per the above discussion)
4 Next Meeting
- The group decided that the next meeting will be Wednesday 2010-03-24.
- Topics will begin with a review of the F2F Action Items List
NOTE: Next Meeting will be held during the regularly scheduled time: 14:00 (Eastern) on 2010-03-24 (60 minutes)
(Reviewed & approved by PCD Infusion Pump WG on <TBD>