PCD Planning Committee Closed Action Items

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Open Action Items are Found at PCD Planning Committee Action Items

Closed Items 41-75

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
41 Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID Jeff Secunda -- August 5, 2009 Closed Ken reported that there is activity on this topic, but nothing concrete to report. He saw the headline to an article that claimed that the initial focus will be on Class III devices. A conference has been advertised. Manny to contact Jeff Secunda to ask if he is aware of more information. October 21, 2009: Jeff Secunda responded that Class Three devices will be addressed first, not before next year, and will address requirements rather than specific approach. Close.
71 Recruit clinicians; develop novel ways, attend to their priorities and schedules Ken, Manny -- Aug 13, 2014 CLOSED Profile development may be a reasonable initial focus for involvement and perhaps lead to further involvement in PCD. Paul had suggested a booth at at ACC, other meetings. Liase with standards groups such as ASTM, professional societies. Manny spoke with Christel Anderson, HIMSS. Steve is talking with the Mass Health Data Consortium. Nov. 4: Todd will talk with Chris Dinegar about the AAMI program, and is preparing a Tcon for ACCE. Dec. 2, 2009: Manny and Todd did a presentation for ACCE, will get in touch with Chris Dinegar. June 23: Recruiting at AAMI. July 21, 2010: Several companies have recently expressed an interest in participating in PCD: Stryker, Nuvon, expressed interest in becoming more active. D. Leyva (Nuvon) is co-chair of CCHIT committee for ambulatory health care and author of HITECH Survival Guide (survivalguide.com). Sept. 1, 2010: The first day of the F2F will include introduction/orientation as was done in Berkeley. John Leung mentioned a biomed conference in Canada and would like to explore a mini-showcase. Sept. 29, 2010: F2F includes an orientation for local people; invitations have been sent and others will follow. John Leung is working on a mini-showcase in Toronto. Jan. 12, 2011: Ken noted that there will be IHE recruiting sessions at HIMSS. Ken will respond to the invitation. Manny draft press release. Feb. 2, 2011: Steve will ask John Leung for an update. April 13, 2011: Steve received no response. Spring 2011 F2F: Recruiting clinician participation in PCD:
o Christel will schedule a PCD presentation for one of her monthly meetings with clinical informatics professionals. Erin and Ioana will conduct the presentation. Ken will add some “to do” items.
o Christel can help arrange for PCD interaction with nursing informatics professionals through ANI which has 20 some odd member organizations.

June 22, 2011: Erin indicated that the Webex will take place in August. July 20, 2011: Ken will post his slide set which may have some useful slides. September 7, 2011: Ken provided the August 23 IHE webinar. Erin will ping Ioana and Christel. Change date to February. Note: Action Item 109 was closed as related to this one. October 19, 2011: Ken suggested that asking clinicians to participate in PCD meetings is not productive. Rather, to invite participation in specific items, such as workitem proposals. Jeff suggested periodic standing meetings with a clinical contingent. Erin suggested that the greatest need for clinical input is to learn what their needs are. Ken suggested that they will be of greatest value when they understand what PCD wants to accomplish. Recruiting should seek clinicians in patient care as well as in PCD vendor organizations. February 1, 2012: Add information about the EHRA meeting. We have not had a meeting with the nursing contingent. Erin indicated that the AAMI infusion group will have a document to review in about a month. Spring F2F May 15, 2012: Christel will schedule PCD for one of her monthly meetings with clinical informatics professionals. Erin and Ioana will conduct the presentation. Ken will add some “to do” items. Christel can help arrange for PCD interaction with nursing informatics professionals through ANI which has 20 some odd member organizations. See Action Item 141 regarding recruiting IT and nursing informatics professionals. June 27, 2012: Erin will discuss the items with Christel’s name as a participant. August 15, 2012: Proposal submitted to present at HIMSS Nursing Informatics Meeting. Jan. 16, 2013: Erin/John R. presenting to HIMSS Nursing Informatics on 1/28. Feb. 13, 2013: John Rhoads reported that Erin’s presentation was well received. Change date to May. May 15, 2013: Monroe suggested that PCD explore new avenues, those where clinicians converge. Manny suggested that HIMSS may participate in these meetings. Monroe and Manny to talk with Joyce at AAMI. July 17, 2013: Date changed to September. Sept. 11, 2013: Manny to request assistance from Joyce and indicate the desire for input on use cases. November 13, 2013: Move to Feb 2014 PC February 11, 2014 - change date to March. June 11, 2014: Still working on this, limited interest. Change date to August. August 27, 2014: Move to standing agenda item in Marketing. CLOSE


72 Press releases as recruiting tool, including the Showcase. Modify to include marketing IHE, PCD Manny -- Open Close Manny to ask Tom, Nick for information to use re IDCO Trial Implementation version. October 21, 2009: Erin offered to solicit publications. Steve suggested a Wiki page for this purpose. November 4: Steve's page will be available in November. Item 99, marketing PCD, IHE to be included with Item 72.Dec. 2, 2009: Steve will post Wiki page, Erin will continue effort. http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Patient_Care_Device_News. June 23, 2010: Steve posted the Wiki page with links to news. Manny reported that 24x7 gave us visibility in their weekly email newsletter. Aug 4, 2010:Annual webinar was presented by Todd, Steve, and John R., the recording will be available soon. Feb. 2, 2011: Steve reminded us that there is a Wiki page with links to media and members are asked to add to the list. April 13, 2011: Ken suggested a press release for the Survey Monkey results. Manny to send note encouraging companies to post conformance in preparation for a press release. Manny to develop a poster for this purpose. June 22, 2011: Press release: consider issuing one after AAMI, another regarding the commercial availability. July 20, 2011: We had good coverage by 24 x 7. Ken requested that Manny prepare a press release about commercial availability. October 19, 2011: Manny to complete the Commercial Availability press release. John Zaleski suggested physicians who reported at the AAMI Medical Device Alarm Conference. John will take action to contact these individuals in regard to their interest acting a advisors to PCD. February 1, 2012: Manny will try again to get a Commercially Available press release out. Nov. 14, 2012: Close and open a new one related to Connectathon registration.
74 Mapping PCD into v3 CDA with relevance to RTM Todd Peter Hendler August 5, 2009 Closed Todd: VA was planning to move forward about use of CDA. He will talk with James McCain. Peter: Kaiser and VA working to trade documents as part of NHIN project.
Goal is to assure the appropriate set of medical device semantic components is included in the appropriate location in CDA/CCD documents and HL7 v3 nessages.
Todd will ask the VA as to whether there is still any interest in this project.
Todd will schedule a webex the end of August/early September to discuss the status of the profile proposal and identify what needs to happen to move it forward in this next cycle.
Will be addressed in Vancouver meeting the week of September 15.
The HITSP CMDC/CDC Use Case includes a document communication profile. HL7 Technical Steering Committee, HITSP management, VA and Kaiser are considering how to move this forward. The technical requirements are clear, but there’s a lack of a sufficient number of volunteers to do the work. Will likely come up next week at HITSP meetings.
PCD and HL7 will meet at HIMSS. HITSP is pushing for more robust document communications. Change date to April 15.
  • October 21, 2009: John Rhoads noted there is a TC action item. This should remain on the TC. Close on PC.

Closed Items 76-99

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
78 Stakeholder Survey Development Steve Merritt Manny, AAMI rep Oct 20, 2015 CLOSED See earlier meetings for history. Ray released updated survey to HIMSS. Steve asked if the results will be available at the October F2F. October 21, 2009: Manny to call Ray this week. November 11, 2009: Ray is attempting to gain HIMSS Analytics support. May 12, 2010, June 23, 2010: Change date.Sept. 29, 2010: Move to Dec. Dec. 1, 2010: Manny to address after the Connectathon. He will check with HIMSS to determine if HIMSS Analytics will support the effort. Feb. 2, 2011: Change date to end of March.April 13, 2011: Christel will survey the Clinical Informatics group she supports. Manny suggested that depending upon results a modified version may be useful in surveying other constituencies. Change date. July 20, 2011: Correct Erin’s line (June 22 re Webex removed from 78, moved to 71). Change name (from 2010 to 2011). Check with Christel for her survey which will later be modified for a wider audience. September 7, 2011: Stakeholder Survey: Steve will ping Christel. Change date to F2F. October 19, 2011: Draft was updated yesterday and will be sent to Christel. November 2, 2011: Steve reviewed the updated draft at the F2F and during the PC meeting Nov. 2 and will provide it to Christel. F2F Oct. 2011: Steve reviewed the updated draft at the F2F and during the PC meeting Nov. 2 and will provide it to Christel. February 1, 2012: Change date to early April. August 15, 2012: Steve will contact Christel. Change date to F2F. 9/12, 2012: Steve will contact Christel and add this as an agenda topic for the F2F. Oct. 2012 F2F: Discussion addressed the questions of whether a survey is worthwhile; would PCD learn from it, would those receiving it find value and possibly it would serve a marketing benefit as well. The quality of the survey is an essential element. Manny will locate the earlier survey or draft, contact Ray. Jan. 16, 2013: Barratt – AAMI News article and updates about every 3-4 months Feb. 13, 2013: Manny to ping Barrett. Change date to April. May 15, 2013: Date changed to June. July 17 2013: Date changed to September. Sept. 11, 2013: Change date to Oct. 2. November 13, 2013; Under review, Barret ready to go when co-chairs approve. Manny will contact Crystal, Move to Nov 19 Dec 11 - change Date to Feb 2014 February 12, 2014 Will check with Manny and Barrett, change date to March. June 11, 2014: change due date to August. June 18, 2014: Removed "2011" from title. August 27, 2014: Need to connect survey to users group. With Barrett's change in duties, unable to represent AAMI. Also need to contact AAMI for representation. Discuss at F2F. Change date to October. October 8, 2014: Discussed with AAMI, will have update by Oct 10. October 15, 2014: No current AAMI representative, will work on this after the Face to Face. change due date to October 29. Nov 18, 2014: Still awaiting AAMI rep. Change due date to Dec 10, 2014. Dec 10, 2014: Paul Sh meeting with AAMI Dec 15, will ping them for an update. Change due date to Dec 17. Dec 17, 2014: Change co-owner to Ken. Paul Sh will contact Manny to get he and Ken together to work on it. Ken presented overview of his goals for AAMI. Discussed this a bit. Change due date to Jan 14, 2015. Jan 14, 2015: Ken Maddock resigned as AAMI rep, move to February. Feb 11, 2014: No change, move to March. Mar 11, 2014: No change, move to April. March 18, 2015: Is document available? Will try to find. Date updated when we have new representative. April 1, 2015: Still awaiting AAMI rep, change date to F2F. April 28, 2015: Paul S will check with Manny for copy of the survey. He also emailed AAMI asking about the status of a new representative. Change due date to May 20. May 20, 2015: Paul awaiting AAMI response, will ask at annual conference. June 3, 2015 Goal is PCD awareness and improvements. use a community survey?. June 10, 2015: Paul discussed with AAMI, they have a couple of candidates for new representatives. Monroe discussed with Barrett as well. Change due date to June 24. June 24, 2015: AAMI may have a new rep, discussing commitment requirements. Change to August. Aug 9, 2015: new AAMI rep recruited, should be on soon. Change date to Sept 9. Sept 9, 2015: Nothing new, set date to Sept 30. Sept 30, 2015: Paul will ping AAMI rep and invite to participate, change to F2F. Oct 20, 2015: Associated with AAMI representation. Not active yet. Will close and open a new one for ECRI. Juuso will check with ECRI staff to see if they're willing to do a survey with their customers. CLOSED



82 Users Guide Steve Merritt -- November 27, 2009 Open Will be available for review shortly. October 21, 2009: Steve received comments on the draft and will revise. Steve will set up a Webex to review. [Nov. 12] Closed Dec. 2, 2009 with document out for PC ballot.


86 Contribute to, or develop a glossary. Steve -- September 18, 2010 Close Ray will contact Patrick Bernat to arrange collaboration. Ray’s discussion with Patrick at AAMI revealed that Yadin is working on a glossary for a related area, but the CE-IT group has nothing on the agenda. PCD will take the lead. Steve Merritt will fold this into the User Handbook. DPI will include a specialized glossary and coordinate with Steve. This work should lead to a harmonized glossary. Steve will take responsibility. Ken will ask Ray about this one. Dec. 2, 2009: Glossary to be addressed following completion of Users Handbook. Christel shared the HITSP glossary. A reference and link to this will be included in the User Handbook.June 23, 2010: Steve asked if there is a glossary in TF Volume 1. Ken indicated that may be sufficient. Concensus was this will be the location. Close this item.
91 Develop New Brief Profile Proposals for Cycle 5 August 5, 2009 Closed For MEM: Battery management (leverage existing PCD-01), Location boundary alarms, Nomenclature requirements (Data types, names, value sets), Examine status of location services within HL7 Paul suggested including device related terms (status, etc.) and location information. Wiki page established. Call for new proposals shortly.Sept. 23: Multiparameter Decision Support Data Integration (Zaleskis) re clinical decision support system: Ken summarized the proposal. Location Tracking (Fuchs) has been submitted to the ITI domain because the scope is broader than devices. ITI will consider taking the lead and PCD will participate. Medical Equipment Management (Merritt). TheWP is out for public comment. Ken asked for comments on the priorities, sequence. He observed that for some of the use cases the data can be sent within existing profiles with additional coding. PIB Enhancements (Flanders). This addresses technical requirements and recommended practices. This arises from the potential for various system components having different patient identification data (race conditions, PDQ vs PAM issues, etc.) Enterprise ACM (Pattillo). Management of alarms across the enterprise may include non-device alarms. Ken asked if this should also be submitted to ITI. Middleware Systems (Stiefel). Some of this appears to be outside the scope of IHE. Steve suggested a WP would be useful. Ken suggested that some of this may be of interest to AAMI. Energy Delivery (Richards). Maureen summarized the proposal. Ken suggested this could be addressed as a device specialization issue. Terminology, semantics and parameters would be required. Ken asked if Maureen can help identify other companies and physicians that would be interested. IT system vendor participation would be worthwhile. Discussion with regard to recruiting receiving systems as well. Manny to send an email to Maureen, Anupriyo, John Hotchkiss. Query for Bulk Data (Fuchs). Carried forward from last year. Device Specialization (Cooper). Placeholders were provided, but Todd was at the HL7 meeting. October 21, 2009: Close


92 Vendor Recruiting for Cycle 5 Manny Barbara, Monroe, Steve Merritt June 15, 2010 Close Manny will contact companies identified by ECRI Institute (Barbara) and Monroe, and include a list of user needs and priorities for ACM. Press releases represent another tool. Barriers to vendor participation were identified. Steve will develop the “Getting Started” Wiki page. The PCD webinar being prepared(HIMSS09 Showcase presentation) may be useful. Also see #91. Sept. 23: Manny working to get AC actors, requested help with that and other recruiting. November 11, 2009: Ask PCD members to contact others who may be interested, based upon Brief Profile Proposals and Manny to draft a message. Dec. 2, 2009: Change date to Jan. 6. May 12, 2010: Change date. June 9, 2010: AAMI – The intent of the mini-showcase is to educate and recruit vendors as well as users. Iatric Systems joined the Connectathon/Showcase meeting yesterdayOmnicell has joined IHE and we will invite their participation. Sept. 1, 2010: Ken and Manny had a Webex meetiing with the FDA last week. They are interested in PCD applications for adverse events, ventilator data communication and RTM. They’ve met with NIST to learn more about their work. John Leung mentioned a biomed conference in Canada and would like to explore a mini-showcase (noted in Action Item 71). Manny and John will talk after this meeting. Sept. 29, 2010: See Connectathon Update for companies registered for testing.Dec. 1, 2010: Close
93 Certification of Systems Claiming Conformance Elliot Deborah Leyva None Available Close Elliot and Ioana will approach John Halamka, Steve Lieber and NIST regarding certification for PCD. Greg will follow up with Iaona. Todd emphasized the importance of quick action to assure that PCD is on their radar. Todd will talk to Elliot and Iaona about progress.

Manny to ask Todd what to do with this item. November 11, 2009: Todd has had conversations with Elliot about certification. Among the issues that are out there: What will the role be for CCHIT, how will other national actions affect certification? Elliot is looking at this. Ken mentioned a company that plans to enter into the certification arena. There’s a question about CCHIT’s scope. Todd noted that this is very important from a user’s perspective, and their ability to specify certification in the purchase, and therefore this is very important to vendors. Erin noted that their evaluation of pumps will address components of this issue. May 12, 2010: IHE is discussing; no date available. July 21, 2010: Remove Ioana’s, add Deborah’s name. Deborah noted that the final rule came out yesterday. Ken noted that Meaningful Use for devices is down the road; Deborah said that will occur in 2015. Sept. 1, 2010: John Garguilo noted that NIST is focused on tests for Meaningful Use (MU). Devices will not be the subject of MU until 2014. Sept. 29, 2010: Meaningful Use for devices is likely to begin in 2014. Dec. 1, 2010: Manny to ask Elliot and Debra if they will have time to address this. John Garguilo indicated that when ONC establishes devices within MU the certification companies will likely use NIST Tools. NIST has established a lab certification requirement. He believes that ONC requirements to date have been high level and current PCD efforts are consistent with that approach. Feb. 2, 2011: John Garguilo noted there are now six certification labs. Ken noted that ONC has published a document referring to Stage 2. Manny to distribute Joyce’s email of Feb. 1. Members were encouraged to respond. April 13, 2011: Ken suggested we may need to do something in response to ONC’s work. Paul asked about Continua’s use of NIST test tools; an agreement will be developed. John Garguilo noted that NIST will address the communication wrappers (e.g., WS-*). Paul described work toward computable RTM coding for Continua. June 8, 2011: Paul noted that Continua is satisfied with their process and has placed this on hold for now. John Garguilo reported that the agreement between Continua and NIST will go to the Continua Board shortly. July 20, 2011: Ken asked if PCD can make a contribution to certification for Meaningful Use. John Garguilo suggested that PCD can help lay the groundwork. Greg indicated the VA is working on MU, but is not aware of device elements. The VA does not have a certification process, but is working to have connectivity with VISTA. Septebmer 7, 2011: Close as inactive.

94 HITSP’s Meaningful Use  ? August 5, 2009 Closed Jan is on the relevant tiger team. Jan and several PCD members will participate in developing the response. Maria will generate the materials, Jan will get it to HITSP, Lisa will contact HITSP and USHIK (within AHRQ). Anticipate this will pick up in mid-July including some PCD related items. Jan submitted some RTM items in the Tiger Team required format and showed that the semantic requirements differed from the original concepts. Definition of Meaningful Use has been published and does pertain to device connectitivity (target 2015]. [06/24/09]Co-chairs will be sending a letter asking that this be accelerated given the existing work that is already available. Meaningful Use: Todd sent note recommending device interoperability be moved up from 2015 to 2010. October 21, 2009: Close.
95 HIMSS10 Showcase Manny All those participating March, 2010 Closed September 23: Connectathon/Showcase: Manny noted registration is still open and recruiting can proceed. He noted efforts to attract participants in the AM-AC loop and shared the registration update. He will contact the ADT vendors to learn if they will support PCD this year, and HITSP to learn about CT and PCD-01 as HITSP profiles. October 21, 2009: This is on HITSP schedule for 2015; PCD will try to make this happen earlier since it is needed for other items on the schedule that are due earlier and PCD-01 is ready. Close i favor of agenda items.
96 Clarification of HL7 copyright issues PCD Cochairs Closed November 11, 2009. Clarification of HL7 copyright issues that may pertain to purchasers of equipment and documentation using HL7 copyrighted materials. Take issue to Domain Coordinating Committee (DCC) November 11: Add to Cochairs Action Items list.


97 Potential for RTLS in New Directions June, 2010 Close November 11, 2009: Not this year. Dec. 2, 2009: Revisit in June, 2010.


98 AAMI and HIMSS10 Demonstrations Closed 12/2/09 November 11, 2009: AAMI at HIMSS10 will be 80001 and the HIMSS at AAMI relate to ____ Closed in favor of existing recruiting action item.

Closed Items 100-125

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update


100 Newborn Hearing Screening Profile Close November 4, 2009: Todd responded saying this can be addressed via PCD-01; close


101 CDSS Implications for MEM Closed 11/11/09
102 Next F2F Manny Close Manny to ask Celina about dates of other domains’ Spring meetings. Dec. 2, 2009: Possibly May 3-7, depending upon DCC decisions on domain cochair F2Fs.
103

Develop language for RFPs that is meaningful to clinicians.

Erin

Ioana

May 10, 2011

Close

Initiated F2F May 3, 2010. May 26, 2010: Todd noted that this came up last week in Rio; Charles Parisot addressed this. It is a general issue for the entire IHE. This should be addressed by the IHE Marketing Committee. Manny to send Erin a note and ask about a time line. Keep this on the list to monitor. Item 17 on May 7 is incorporated here: Need to have a group of users develop a purchasing requirement, publish and disseminate to encourage customers to include it in purchasing language. Vendors could participate. Need someone to organize this. Erin reported that last week’s conference call made good progress. Ioana and her team will have a draft in a couple of weeks. July 21, 2010: Draft document is in process; Erin and Ioana will meet tomorrow. Aug 4, 2010: Meeting this afternoon to review draft before sending out to PC for review. Sept. 29, 2010: Erin indicated their effort is close to release. It will be added to the F2F agenda. Dec. 1, 2010: Erin indicated the document will shortly be available for review. It will then be sent for review by PCD with the intention of having it ready for distribution at the CE symposium at HIMSS and for consideration for publication. Jan. 12, 2011: Manny will send for review by the PC after Iona reviews changes suggested by Steve Merritt. Feb. 2, 2011: Change date to end of Feb. April 13, 2011: Will be rolled into the User Handbook. Erin will develop a PCD 101 document. Paul suggested a series of documents, the PCD 100 series of tutorials. Change date to F2F. Ken suggested this be on the F2F agenda. Close June 8, 2011.

104

Explore the possibility that HIMSS’ Patient Safety publication be integrated with the User Handbook.

Christel Anderson

Steve Merritt

July 30 30, 2010

CLOSED

Initiated F2F May 3, 2010. May 26, 2010: Add Steve. July 7, 2010: Change date to end of July. July 21, 2010: The next version of the handbook will have references to the HIMSS document.

105 Implementation Guide issues John Garguilo John Garguilo, John Rhoads March 28, 2012 Closed

Initiated F2F May 3, 2010: Erin raised the issue of workflow – e.g., infusion pump messaging takes too long, hospitals complain. Christian observed that clinicians need an indication when data is not reliable for the purpose (e.g., latency, other). John Rhoads indicated that applications need to specify their own behavior. John Garguilo suggested that the implementation guide needs to address these issues. May 26, 2010: John Garguilo will participate, noting this is a broad issue that applies to all domains. Steve noted that this should be addressed by individual profiles and both the PC and TC. Steve asked if a template exists and Todd believes they have this as a Wiki page. This will be a PC item initially. John Garguilo will discuss with others at NIST to gain insight. June 9, 2010: John Garguilo indicated discussions will start soon. Sept. 1, 2010: John Garguilo reminded the PC of the need for this guide and its relation to user and vendor work. He will provide a short presentation at the F2F. Add to Monday F2F agenda. Change date to November 1. Dec. 1, 2010: John Garguilo is looking at other approaches within NIST for potential applicability. Change date to March 2. April 13, 2011: John Garguilo said NIST is looking at this and it will have a section on PCD. It will address issues not found in the TF, but important for developers. Change date to June 1. June 8, 2011: Change date to July 13. July 20, 2011: Change date to August 31. September 7, 2011: change date to November 30. Add John Rhoads. October 19, 2011: The ITI IG was cited as an example. John Garguilo offered to develop a similar Wiki page. February 1, 2012: John Garguilo noted that HL7 is working on a white paper addressing the some of the same items. Change date to March 28. August 15, 2012: John Garguilo indicated that NIST is developing a guide to the development of Implementation Guides to assure that important elements are included. John suggested that this be started by the TC and closed until the TC can present to the PC.

106

PCD Meaningful Use - Vendor Recruiting

Christian, Barbara

CLOSED

Initiated F2F May 3, 2010: Christian and Barbara Majchrowski will share information and attempt to recruit participants to develop profiles and participate in subsequent activities that increase the profiles, transactions contributing to MU as well as increasing deployment of PCD profiles. May 26, 2010: Manny to ask Barbara and Christian if they have an idea or if there are other Action Items that support this goal. See Item 107. June 9, 2010: Todd indicated that this is to take the HIMSS work on Meaningful Use and use it to recruit PCD members. The first step is to put a PCD one page document together. This will be the subject of a discussion at AAMI. Erin will organize the discussion. July 7, 2010: Manny to ask Erin, Barbara to provide an update, estimate completion date. Aug 4, 2010: Close this item but keep on the radar for future

107

Clinical System Integration

Todd, Erin -- Closed

Initiated F2F May 3, 2010: Develop overarching integration of the various profiles and therefore, have core critical-mass functionality that forms a solid foundation; seek integration with other domains. May 26, 2010: Change title to Clinical System Integration. Start with the PC. Todd will take the lead on the Board level. Erin will participate (medication administration). Todd is having a hard time getting Board support. It has implications for IHE’s marketing message. June 9, 2010: Todd indicated that there is a Board meeting tomorrow and this is an agenda item for the following meeting. Add Todd, Erin to the item. July 7, 2010: Remove deadline date. July 21, 2010: Manny to ask Todd if he will continue to lead the item. Aug 4, 2010 Todd continues to drive this item through the Board. Sept. 29, 2010: PCD has approached the new cochair of the ITI TC, Geoffrey Pascoe, to foster collaboration. Dec. 1, 2010: Manny to ask Todd for a suggestion to move this along. Jan. 12, 2011: To be discussed with Todd at the Connectathon. Feb. 2, 2011: Erin offered to take the lead. Steve described this effort as an attempt to provide awareness of how clinical integration requires more than individual profiles. John Rhoads offered that the DCC has formed a subcommittee to look at somewhat the same issue. April 13, 2011: Erin referred to her position on the AAMI Infusion Pump Safety Committee. Clinician’s on the group will define any missing items. Seeking to have this done in 2011. July 20, 2011: Erin reported the AAMI committee is seeking additional participants and one goal is to identify additional work for pump safety. Manny to ask Todd about his interest in this effort. September 7, 2011: Todd noted that the WP with Pharmacy dovetails with this. Erin will have a meeting with AAMI’s Medical Device Safety Council, with the infusion pump on Sept. 15. Manny to send info on the AAMI Alarm Summit. February 1, 2012: Todd indicated the white paper with Pharmacy is proceeding. The IHE Board will address overall integration. Close until specific action items with deliverables are developed. August 15, 2012: Close as completed except for deliverables.

108

Recruiting HIMSS Nursing Informatics

Christel CLOSED

Initiated F2F May 3, 2010: Address opportunities to increase clinician involvement; contribute to Use Case development. May 26, 2010: The PC has recruiting items. Make this two items. This will focus on HIMSS Nursing Informatics - 109 will focus on corporate clinical staff. July 7, 2010: The Board understands the need for this effort. Remove deadline date. July 21, 2010: Manny ask Christel about the item. Aug 4, 2010: Closed as the webinar will be scheduled in the near future

109 Recruiting Corporate Clinicians -- Anupriyo Chakravarti, Jon Blasingame, Paul Kelley, Steve Merritt, Ken Fuchs, George Bertos, Mike Romig Close

Initiated F2F May 3, 2010: Address opportunities to increase clinician involvement; contribute to Use Case development. May 26, 2010: The PC has recruiting items. Make this two items. This will focus on Corporate Clinical Staff - 108 will focus on HIMSS Nursing Informatics. July 7, 2010: Remove deadline date. July 21, 2010: Deborah Leyva, Nuvon, has joined the meetings. Sept. 29, 2010: Jon reported that ACCE is recruiting corporate members and that may help with this. Feb. 2, 2011: Jon will follow up with Christel. June 22, 2011: Recruiting corporate clinicians: Manny to ping Jon. July 27, 2011: Steve suggested that Christel’s survey could help the PC prioritize brief profile proposals. September 7, 2011: Close and wrap into Item 71.

110

PCD Success Stories

Erin

Scott, Mike, Anupriyo

July 30, 2010 CLOSED

Initiated F2F May 4, 2010: Develop Success Stories in support of HIMSS' marketing efforts; should complement PCD recruiting. May 26, 2010: Change title to PCD Success Stories. June 9, 2010: Erin and those who volunteered will have a Tcon July 22nd. July 7, 2010: Change date to end of July; Scott sent BBraun’s slides. July 21: 2010: The Success Stories will be recorded tomorrow, will be presented live in August. Aug 4, 2010: The live version will occur 8/19, look for the invite. Sept. 1, 2010: Presentation has been made. Ken asked for slide set to post. Manny to seek slides. Close.

111

Recruit WCM and Other Vendors

Manny, Monroe

Oct. 18, 2011 Close

Initiated F2F May 6, 2010: May 26, 2010: Monroe will be talking with Hill-Rom on Tuesday. Manny to recruit vendors needed to support other PCD transactions as well; including ITI-31. June 9, 2010: To date companies have indicated they don’t have resources for this cycle. July 7, 2010: Change date to end of September. July 21, 2010: Manny referred to the Doodle poll, noting that it appears we will be able to have a demonstration at HIMSS11, but it is unlikely we have sufficient support to implement and test WCM at the January Connectathon. Aug 4, 2010: There is enough interest to at least do a New Directions display at HIMSS 2011. Dec. 1, 2010: Change date to March 2. Ken will review the existing poster for use at HIMSS11. Jan. 12, 2011: Manny to ask Steve. Feb. 2, 2011: Manny noted that all four profile proposals were approved for development this year and we will need vendor participation. July 27, 2011: Change date to September 1. Manny will survey the TC about plans for the Connectathon an Showcase. September 7, 2011: Change date to F2F. October 19, 2011: Close.

112

Roadmap Updates

Ken

Oct. 18, 2010 Close

Initiated F2F May 3, 2010: Update following the discussion and adjust to defer some 2010-11 items and be consistent with ARRA/HITECH. July 7, 2010: Change date to end of July. Sept. 1, 2010: Will be presented at F2F.Dec. 1, 2010: Close

113

Selection of WCTP by ACM

Monroe Pattillo July 21, 2010 CLOSED

Initially Item 101 in TC, initiated F2F May 5, 2010: Todd will seek the MOU for ACM's WCTP.org issue. May 26, 2010: Monroe indicated that WCTP will be used and a CP will be prepared by the WG and submitted to the TC. Todd asked if this will be an option or the single approach. Monroe indicated that both this and SMTP should be accepted and WCTP will be promoted. Todd noted that wired vs. wireless needs to be addressed in the future. CP for ballot and TI available June 30. June 30, 2010: Manny to ping Steve Moore about SMTP and WCTP and learn if it is necessary to lose SMTP. Open Action Item for WCTP MOU (PC). Manny to contact Monroe re ballot for WCTP (TC). The question of whether this is a revised supplement or a CP is to be made by the ACM WG. Monroe and Ken will lead the effort. July 21, 2010: ACM: Multiple CPs will be issued to the ACM WG and TC. They will be sent today. Manny to send ballots to the TC. Sept. 1, 2010: Selection completed; close.

114 WCTP MOU CLOSE Aug 4, 2010: Ken has left a message for the staff at PCIA to engage them on needs Sept. 1, 2010: No MOU is required. Ken has an email giving PCD permission. Close.


115 MOUs with ASTM, CIMIT CLOSED June 30, 2010: Move to PC from TC. Follow up MOU status with CIMIT, ASTM. Ken reported that Julian presented this to the ASTM. John Garguilo reported they had a meeting with the FDA and updated them on NIST tools and their work with PCD. Aug 4, 2010: MDPnP is an IHE member so nothing should be required. We will re-engage with ASTM if a specific need arises but there doesn't appear to be a specific need at this point. Closed
116

Integration Statements

John Rhoads Greg Staudenmaier and Steve Merritt April 15, 2012 CLOSED Opened at Oct. F2F: Define PCD specific additions. April 13, 2011: Add to F2F agenda.June 22, 2011: Integration Statement: Ken described this as an effort to improve the IS. Change date to Fall F2F, add to its agenda. July 27, 2011: Change date to Oct. 17. October 19, 2011: Change date to November 30, 2011. F2F Oct. 2011: Add to integration statements: (a) Version of profile (John Garguilo to dig up the Profile maturity index to see if it applies) and (b) Was the product tested at Connectathon and has a link to Connectathon results page? February 1, 2012: Can these be customized for PCD? Maturity will be an issue as various versions of the TF become available over time. John Garguilo will develop a brief proposal for the Testing and Tools Committee. He suggested that there also be an indication of the version of the test tool used and the Connectathon attended. Paul asked how we might address products that may have limited scope (e.g., gateways). John and Todd will bring this to the F2F. Change date to April 15. Manny to add this to the F2F agenda item: Integration Statement Maturity Index. 9/12 - Ken moved this request forward to the DCC but there was not much interest in changing the existing template, nor will PCD be allowed to modify the template for its own domain use.
117 Glossary Steve Merritt June 1, 2011 Close Opened at Oct. F2F Dec. 1, 2010: Volume 1 of the TF has a glossary. Manny to ask Steve if that is sufficient. Jan. 14, 2011: Steve's response: Volume 1 contains a glossary, if there are terms to add we just need to get them documented and in there (probably a CP required). Feb. 2, 2011: This will be redundant to IHE Glossary. Ken suggested that PCD specific definitions should be incorporated there and volume 1 PCD TF would be linked to that glossary. Charles Parisot is developing a Volume 0 that would include the Glossary. April 13, 2011: Kevin O’Donnell and Karen Witting are working on this. June 22, 2011: Close.
118 Update PCD Schedule on Wiki Page Ken Fuchs December 24, 2010 Closed Opened at Oct. F2F. Dec. 1, 2010: Add to TC agenda for next week.Feb. 2, 2011: Close.
119 Complete and Ballot Final Text Ken Fuchs, John Rhoads, Manny Furst April 27, 2010 Close Opened at Oct. F2F. Jan. 12, 2011: Change date to end of Feb. The FT version will go to publication after ballot. Feb. 2, 2011: Addressed above. After this ballot it will be posted to the web site. April 13, 2011: July 27, 2011: Close as complete


120 US Government's CONNECT Program John Garguilo Elliot Sloane Dec. 15, 2010 Close Opened during Oct. F2F: John Garguilo indicated that Elliot has told him that several universities are working on health IT issues that relate to device interoperability. John has spoken with a representative of Florida International University where students are working on mapping HL 7 v.2 to CDA. He offered to help by providing PCD sample messages after anonymizing the messages. He asked if anyone has any concerns. Members expressed support. Monroe suggested that if the Spring F2F is in Boca Raton there may be a way to observe their work. John will keep PCD posted. Dec. 1, 2010: John Garguilo and Elliot are in discussion with FIU and John is providing them with sample messages. Elliot will lead a discussion later this month to provide PCD with additional information. Jan. 12, 2011: Manny to ask Elliot to set meeting with FIU at HIMSS. April 13, 2011: Close
121 PCD Vision KenFuchs October 17, 2011 Closed Opened during Oct. F2F. Jan. 12, 2011: Change date to March. June 22, 2011: PCD Vision: change date to Oct. F2F. April 11, 2012: Close as unnecessary.
122 Recruit Moberg Research John Garguilo Manny Furst Dec. 1, 2010 Close Opened during Oct. F2F. Jan. 12, 2011: Close.
123 Recruit CMMS Vendors for Event Communication Steve Merritt -- March 15, 2011 Close Opened during Oct. F2F. Jan. 12, 2011: Steve emailed: The location tracking work may inspire some additional CMMS vendors (as well as Location vendors) to come onboard. We can close that action item for now as it is noted as an open issue for the location tracking work. Jan. 12., 2011: Change date. Ask Steve if he needs help. June 22, 2011: Recruit at AAMI. July 27, 2011: Manny has had some discussions with vendors, will coordinate with Steve. Change date to Sept. 1. October 19, 2011: Steve agreed: Close.
124 Recruiting Before HIMSS11 Erin, Ken, Steve, Jon, Khalil Close Opened during Oct. F2F. Jan. 12, 2011: Manny to draft press release. Manny to query Christel re Interop Presentation day before HIMSS. April 13, 2011: Close

Closed Items 126-139

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update


125 HIMSS 11: Develop MU Wall John Rhoads John Garguilo, Lisa Carnahan?, Todd? December 1, 2010 CLOSED Opened during Oct. F2F. Jan. 12, 2011: Close as underway.


126 Use Cases for RTLS and patient location (PCD-04) Steve Merritt MEM WG, Monroe December 1, 2010 OPEN Monday, Oct. 18: Develop additional use cases for RTLS and patient location (PCD-04) (per Monroe). Jan. 12, 2011: Close as underway.


127 RFP Matrix Erin Sparnon Jon Blasingame, Khalil, Ioana December 1, 2010 Close Friday, Oct. 22: Develop, publish RFP Matrix (Hospitals and Vendors) - Infusion and Vital Signs June 22, 2011: Close as completed.


128 Promote RTM Ioana Paul, John Garguilo CLOSED Spring 2011 F2F: Iona will document the PCD RTM as a "best practice" exemplifying the use of tight structure and rigorous definitions which produce specific coding for each element of the data. PCD with Christel’s assistance will need to find a way to promulgate the message. June 8, 2011: Paul suggested that this include other accomplishments. Paul, John Garguilo will join. Khalil suggested this be directed to IHE domains as well. September 7, 2011: Paul will talk with Iona at the F2F. Change date. F2F Oct. 2011: Ioana requested to provide an update. April 11, 2012: John Garguilo will add this to the F2F agenda. Paul noted this is a major contribution to interoperability; it has been promoted by voice and that a paper may be worthwhile. Change date to April, 2013. F2F May 15, 2012: Iona will document the PCD RTM as a "best practice" exemplifying the use of tight structure and rigorous definitions which produce specific coding for each element of the data. PCD with Christel’s assistance will need to find a way to promulgate the message. 9/12 - move this forward as agenda item for F2F Nov. 14, 2012: Discussed at F2F, but nothing specific resulted. John Garguilo will pursue the IEEE announcement of the availability of portions of the standard within RTMMS. He noted the discussion Oct. 23 with the VA and DOD that indicated they will promote the table in their efforts. The RTMMS doesn’t appear to be of interest to other domains. Manny to remind those listed. May 15, 2013: Paul reported that new terms are in the RTMMS. Monroe suggests that these are published there are good opportunities for publication (ballot and availability of Vent terms). Change date to July. July 17, 2013: Alex is talking with ONC. We requested a few minutes for Monroe to present to ITI’s F2F. Add to F2F agendas. Closed


129 AAMI Alarm Safety Committee Representatin Erin -- September 7, 2011 Close Spring 2011 F2F: Erin will solicit PCD representatives to the forthcoming AAMI Alarm Safety Committee. June 8, 2011: Monroe and Jeff. Paul expressed interest. The meeting is October 4, 5 and more information is available at aami.org/alarm. June 22, 2011: Close as completed.
130 Clinician Recruiting Christel, Steve -- October 18, 2011 Close Spring 2011 F2F: Recruiting IT and nursing informatics professionals for participation in PCD:
o Christel encouraged PCD members to submit proposals for presentations at HIMSS12. The HIMSS12 Call for Proposals is open until May 23: http://www.himss.org/ASP/education_annualConf_callProposal.asp June 8, 2011: Ken submitted. Close this portion.
o Christel suggested PCD take advantage of the many HIMSS publications, from formal peer reviewed JHIMSS to informal. June 8, 2011: Steve will lead, starting with MEM. September.
o Christel will conduct a PCD-focused survey: she described her recent survey and her focus on integration into the EMR and preparation for the PCD-focused survey to be distributed soon. June 8, 2011: Christel will conduct the survey. Due July.

July 27, 2011: Change date to Sept. 7. September 7, 2011: Change date to F2F. October 19, 2011: Close (encompassed elsewhere).

131 Recruit ACs and Phone Companies Monroe Bob Porterfield, Monroe and Rob October 18, 2011 Close Spring 2011 F2F: Bob Porterfield, Monroe and Rob will actively recruit ACs and phone companies. June 8, 2011: Due mid-August, Monroe will lead. September 7, 2011: Monroe is working with Voalte and noted that we don’t appear to have an AC for the Connectathon. Monroe discussed the options for making it possible to test and to demonstrate ACM. Change date to the F2F. October 19, 2011: Close.
132 ONC and CONNECT Steve Merritt Elliot Sloane CLOSED F2F Oct. 2011: Schedule Elliot for an update on ONC and CONNECT. Cochairs Nov. 15, 2011: Change date to Dec. 7. April 11, 2012: Change date to F2F. Nov. 14, 2012: Change date to 2013. July 17, 2013: Close as ongoing. Add to PCD F2F agendas. Make new Action Item for F2F agendas.
133 Follow Up to Alarm Summit Todd Cooper Merged Into Item 140 CLOSED F2F Oct. 2011: Draft a communication to Mary Logan/AAMI to help understand the priorities coming out of the Alarm Summit and the various PCD activities that relate. April 11, 2012: Change date to F2F. Erin is not a part of the Alarm Committee, need to see if anyone represents PCD on this committee. Nov. 14, 2012: Change date to Dec. 12, Manny to ask Todd if he can suggest someone to follow up to summit. Feb. 13, 2013: Change date to Apr. 15. July 17, 2013: Follow-up with Todd, move to August. August 14, 2013: Change date to F2F, October 2013 Sept. 11, 2013: MERGED INTO ITEM 140. Nov 13, 2013, closed
134 ACM Publication Monroe Pattillo Barrett Franklin April 15, 2013 Closed F2F Oct. 2011: Draft an article for publication in AAMI outlets to help educate the marketplace on ACM and how standards exist and contribute to interoperability. Monroe will work with Jill on an article for BIT. April 11, 2012: Change date to F2F. Need to touch base with Monroe if this was moved forward. F2F Oct. 2012: This will become part of Barrett’s AAMI efforts. Nov. 14, 2012: Change date to Jan. 5. Jan. 16, 2013: Monroe – push out until after Connectathon. Feb. 13, 2013: Change date to Apr 15. May 15, 2013: Barrett’s article in BIT news was published. Close with understanding that there will be three or more articles a year.
135 Market PCD Manny then Erin Nov. 30, 2011 Closed F2F Oct. 2011: Develop a strategy for publicizing IHE PCD (Dec. 30, 2011). Learn how to coordinate deployment marketing effort with IHE Marketing Committee, primarily with the IHE newsletter. Manny to get the PCD Commercially Available Devices/Systems to Erin and will distribute the list to other publications by Nov. 9. Cochairs Nov. 15, 2011: Manny to consolidate marketing Action Items. Manny provided the list; change date to Dec. 7.April 11, 2012: ECRI Institute included the link to Commercially Available items in a recent publication. Close.
136 PCD at HIMSS12 Showcase Manny Nov. 30, 2011 Closed F2F Oct. 2011: Explore the possibility of videotaping PCD portions of the Showcase and finding a way to identify commercially available systems for visitors - including for a “COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE TODAY” sticker at the Showcase. Manny to work with Sandy. April 11, 2012: Close
137 Testing Commercially Available Systems Erin Sparnon Steve Merritt CLOSED F2F Oct. 2011: Explore testing of commercially available systems with Mario @ Kaiser, Ted Cohen at UC-Davis and other large facilities that may already have test-beds. Find sites which would be willing to prototype PCD compliant integration use cases. Erin to explore these sites when provided with information describing the requirements for the environment is available (environment for testing devices/systems). Ken suggested that Erin talk with Mario and Ted before defining requirements to learn if there is any interest. April 11, 2012: Change date to F2F. June 27, 2012: Ted Cohen expressed an interest. Erin suggested the PC send him a short description that includes information on donation of necessary test equipment. Ken suggested a conference call to discuss what may be possible. Erin will invite Ted and Ken will invite the PC. The objective may be to provide a test environment for commercially available products. Paul suggested a higher level of testing using really consistent time. July 18, 2012: Erin invited PCD members to join a discussion with Ted Cohen Friday, July 20. There was a discussion and Ted was interested but the value props were not sufficiently defined, need to talk about this at the F2F. Nov. 14, 2012: This was discussed at the F2Ff without resolution. Change to Dec. 12. Jan. 16, 2013: Steve – push out to Spring F2F. Feb. 13, 2013: IHE USA-ICSA pilot certification provided at the Connectathon. However, Monroe noted, they need not be commercially available. Identifying commercially available systems will be on the F2F agenda. May 15, 2013: Updated list to be reviewed and included in AAMI posters. July 17, 2013: Updated list provided at AAMI, Close and add to F2F agendas
138 TF Vol. 2 Issue John Rhoads Nov. 30, 2011 Close F2F Oct. 2011: Explore how to (or if) volume 2 needs to explicitly reflect that consumer actors need to gracefully process unknown (but properly formed) data. In other words if a DOC receives WCM OBX’s and doesn’t know how to process them it should continue on and not bomb out. Cochairs Nov. 15, 2011: Move to TC.


139 PCIM Todd Cooper PCIM WG Jan 8, 2014 CLOSED F2F Oct. 2011: Get feedback of approach from cendor community, integration folks (what are the adoption preferences for PDQ, PAM, others?). Consider safety issues around patient identity (Todd), contact AAMI and include in report to Mary from Todd. Later: Manny’s question: is this an opportunity for a presentation at AAMI in 2012 or a paper? Cochairs 11/15/11: Move to PC. Is this still an opportunity? Nov. 14, 2012: Change date to March. Feb. 13, 2013: Change date to April. May 15, 2013: Remove Robert, change date to June 12. July 17, 2013: Change Date to August 2013. August 14, 2013: Change Date to F2F, October 2013.Nov 13, 2013, Change date to Dec Dec 11 Change date to Jan 2014 February 12, 2014: WG with meetings. Meeting participation increasing, please join Thurs 3pm Close


Closed Items 140-149

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
140 AAMI Alarm Safety Committee Rikin Oct 20, 2015 CLOSED Spring F2F May 15, 2012: Erin will solicit PCD representatives to the forthcoming AAMI Alarm Safety Committee. June 27, 2012: Erin will follow up at the upcoming meeting. Nov. 14, 2012: Change date to Dec. 12. Manny to contact Erin. Jan. 16, 2013: Erin – not on committee, but there is one. Feb. 13, 2013: Change date to April Contact AAMI to obtain a liaison. July 17, 2013: Manny to conbtact Erin on status, Due date moved to August. August 14, 2013: Erin - has seen some White Papters, the current ECRI representative retired, Rikin Shah is coming on. Due Date moved to September 2013. Sept. 11, 2013: Merge item 133 into 140; please see history of item 133 when considering this Action Item. On Sept. 11 change the date to Oct. 7 and contact to Rikin. Nov 13, 2013, change date to Dec Dec 11, 2013: Add Monroe as participant, he will check with Rikin, Change date to February February 12, 2014: Monroe met with Rikin, getting up to speed. Change date to March. June 11, 2014: Change due date to August. June 18, 2014: A vendor is offering an Alerts/Alarms 'bootcamp' using ACM principles. Aug 18, 2014: Need a new ECRI contact to follow-up. Monroe was unable to attend the bootcamp. ECRI publishe d an alarm document as well. Monroe will contact ECRI for a representative and and active contact. Change date to September. Sept 24, 2014: Change date to October. Oct 8, 2014: Change date to the F2F meeting. Oct 23, 2014: F2F - No new info, Paul Sherman will ping AAMI again. Change date to Nov 12. Nov 18, 2014: Still awaiting AAMI rep. Change due date to Dec 10, 2014. Dec 10, 2014: Paul Sh meeting with AAMI Dec 15, will ping them for an update. Change due date to Dec 17. Dec 17, 2014: Ken Maddock, new AAMI rep on board. Will review and bring up to speed. Change due date to Jan 14, 2015. Jan 14, 2015: Ken Maddock resigned as AAMI rep, move to February. Feb 11, 2014: No change, move to March. March 11, 2014: No change, move to April. March 18, 2015: Date updated when we have new representative. April 1, 2015: Still awaiting AAMI rep, change date to F2F. May 20, 2015: Paul awaiting AAMI response, will ask at annual conference. June 10, 2015: Paul discussed with AAMI, they have a couple of candidates for new representatives. Change due date to June 24. June 24, 2015: AAMI may have a new rep, discussing committment requirements. Change to August. Aug 9, 2015: new AAMI rep recruited, should be on soon. Change date to Sept 9. Sept 9, 2015: Nothing new, set date to Sept 30. Sept 30, 2015: Paul will ping AAMI rep and invite to participate, change to F2F. Oct 20, 2015: Close until it resurrects with Joint Commission analysis of Alarm fatigue. Start a new Action Action for this then. CLOSED


141 Marketing PCD Through HIMSS and/or IHE Oct. 2, 2013 CLOSED Spring F2F May 15, 2012: Christel suggested PCD take advantage of the many HIMSS publications, from formal peer reviewed JHIMSS to informal. Christel will conduct a PCD-focused survey: she described her recent survey and her focus on integration into the EMR and preparation for the PCD-focused survey to be distributed soon. Nov. 14, 2012: Change date to Dec. 12. Manny to contact Christel. Feb. 13, 2013: Change date to April. June 12, 2013: Change date to July. Manny to contact Christel. July 17, 2013: Due date moved to August. August 14, 2013: Celina and Alex are working on how to market. Change date to September 2013. Sept. 11, 2013: Monitor Connectathon registration. Change date to Oct. 2. November 13, 2013: Efforts seem to be working – more ARs and Acs interested, Change date to Dec. Dec 11, 2013: Discussion of possible AT&T participation, Move onto Cochair recurring items. Discussion whether to keep or close, add to recurring agenda item. Close


142 DCM Steve Merritt, Manny Furst May 15, 2013 Close F2F May 16, 2012: Paul suggested that Use Cases help promote participation. He suggested adding elements to PCD-01 as a content module for MEM. Consider a "new directions" demonstration of MEM at HIMSS12 and use it to recruit CMMS and RTLS vendors. Manny to lead recruiting of vendors. Nov. 12, 2012: Move to the PC and notify them: Develop a prioritized list and a group to promote the effort. Nov. 14, 2012: Manny to check with RF Technologies to learn if they’d be interested in a New Directions application of HL7. Feb. 13, 2013: Change date to May 15, 2013. June 12, 2013: Close.
143 Incorporate MDICC in PCD Marketing Todd Cooper Feb 11, 2014 CLOSED Todd suggested finding a way to incorporate the MDICC effort in PCD’s marketing. This relates to the value proposition from the MDICC. Feb. 13, 2013: Change date to April. June 12, 2013: Manny to ask Todd if this should remain open. July 17, 2013: Change date to August. August 14, 2013: To be discussed at F2F, change date to October 2013. Novmber 13, 2013: Change date to Dec. Dec 11, 2013, change date to Feb 2014 Jan 8, 2014: No activity recently, nor any expected, recommend closing. Closed


144 Update IHE.net Profile List and Google Doc Index Steve Merritt Nov. 7, 2012 Closed F2F Oct. 2012: Update the IHE.net Profile list and the Google Doc index. Ask Steve Merritt if he’ll do this. Add RDQ, content modules as ITI does. Jan. 16, 2013: Steve – completed.
145 Improve FTP Site John Rhoads PC and TC July 16, 2014 Closed F2F Oct. 2012: Develop document indicating where new documents should go on the ftp site. Consider finding a way to improve navigation to old documents. John Rhoads indicated there’s a Wiki page providing guidance. Feb. 13, 2013: Change date to May. Richard Lane offered to review the page and offer suggestions. June 12, 2013: Change date to July 17. July 17, 2013: To be added to October F2F for detailed discussion, change date to October 2013. Nov 13, 2013: Change date to Dec. Dec 11, 2013, change date to Feb 2014 February 12, 2014: Make this a F2F agenda item. Change date to April. June 11, 2014: John has prepared path, work in progress. Change date to July. July 9, 2014: Duplicated in item 163, merge existing in 163 and close this item.
146 Update Roadmap Monroe Axel October 8-11, 2013 CLOSED F2F Oct. 2012 Jan. 16, 2013: Monroe – still need to do. Feb. 13, 2013: Monroe to complete in advance of the F2F. Change date to March 15. F2F April: Axel to provide Cybersecurity portion of roadmap. June 12, 2013: Change date to July 17. July 17, 2013: Manny will confirm with Axel for any updates. Date due moved to August. August 14, 2013: The format will move to Excel to ease editing. Move to F2F, October 2013.Nov 13, 2013: Updated for F2F, next update at next f2f. Closed.
147 Marketing PCD To IHE Members Closed Nov. 14, 2012: Close 72, Press Release and focus on recruiting in advance of the Connectathon. Feb. 13, 2013:
148 F2F Agenda Co-chairs PC Members March 20, 2013 Closed May 15, 2013: Completed.


149 Set up RTLS, DMC meetings Manny Steve Merritt CLOSED F2F April 2013: Set up RTLS, DMC meetings following the AAMI meeting to capitalize on the marketing accomplished there. June 12, 2013: Change date to June 28. July 17, 2013: Meetings are underway, closed


Closed Items 150-159

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
150 Add New Profiles to PCD Calendar Monroe, Manny, Steve CLOSED May 15, 2013: New Profiles should be specifically added to the calendar at PCD. Monroe noted that the list of work in process is provided elsewhere and that some way to merge them would be helpful. Monroe, Manny, Steve to address the addition of this information to include the project leader. June 12, 2013: Add due date July 17, 2013. July 17, 2013: Process underway, close
151 Certification Updates Monroe, Elliot, Manny Jan 15, 2014 CLOSED August 14, 2013: There is a request into ICSA Labs regarding commercial avasilability if a standard is certified. Also, Monroe has asked why ACM is not on the certified list since it is in Final Text. Sept. 11, 2013: ACM will be added to this cycle. Nov 13, 2013: ACM added, no info on which actors. Change date to Dec 4 Will be a certification update, Monroe working with Elliot on this. Goal to have certification tests be unique. Make sure to capture artifacts. Change date to Jan 15 February 12, 2014: Took place at CN, expected to move on in next 12 months. It's on agenda. Close


152 Conformance testing at hospitals Feb 11, 2014 CLOSED October 11, 2013: Start a preliminary working group for out of the box conformance testing; focus on proposal and send to PC. Add a column for integration statement and certification. Nov 13, 2013: Out of box conformance, change owner to none, section in guidance document? Draft vendors could add to service manuals, Involve John G for logistics. Change date to Dec. Dec 11, 2013: No takers yet, will take some work and time to accomplish. Change date to Feb 2014 February 12, 2014: Paul Schluter and Monroe discussed with ECRI, some interest, add to F2F as agenda item. Change date to April. June 11, 2014: Move off schedule to 'parking lot'. Much work needed. June 18, 2014: No real resources to accomplish. Parking lot is on work cycle page.


153 Showcase and AAMI booth designs Manny Feb 11, 2014 CLOSED October 11, 2013: Come up with AAMI booth design/layout options. Discussed with Sandy at F2F. Discussion of balancing booth layout for differing audiences – overview/introduction vs. in depth discussion. Manny will draft prelim layout and discuss with AAMI. Nov 13, 2013: More systems this year, 30+. Monroe leading ACM newbie session; Paul Schluter and John G working on Rosetta session, John R providing an intro to DEC. Showcase – moved fairly far, clinical look and feel, new infrastructure. AAMI – moving from 10x20 to 10x50, much more visually impressive, Shelley will be marketing consultant. Change date to Dec. Dec 11, 2013: Change date to Feb 2014 February 12, 2014: Showcase pretty much set. AAMI still underway, please provide input, Close showcase, continue AAMI, move to March. June 11, 2014: Seems to have been successful, 2015 work underway. May use vignette. Close.
154 LS - embedded tracking in medical equipment Monroe Feb 11, 2014 CLOSED Carefusion, Alaris and Sigma may have embedded location tracking – Follow up with them. Nov 13, 2013: Carefusion only known vendor so far. Move to Dec. Dec 11, 2013: Looking at external tag tracking so far. One vendor has volunteered for the showcase. Change Date to move to Feb 2014 February 12, 2014: Set up tracking system for showcase, may be external tags, don't know about embedded. Close.
155 VA/Maximo DMC participation Paul Sherman Paul Sherman, Barrett Jan 14, 2015 CLOSED Follow up with VA and Maximo to participate in DMC project. Ken Corba is still VA lead, Barrett will provide a Biomed contact. Nov 13, 2013: Have contacted someone in VA - no info yet. Move to Dec. Dec 11, 2013: Change date to jan 8 2014. February 12, 2014: Paul Sherman emailed Ken Korba, Maximo project manager at the VA for a contact. Change date to March. June 11, 2014: Paul emailed Ken Korba again no luck. Discussed with Kurt Finke, Chief BME for VA, very interested. Will continue discussion. Change date to July. July 9, 2014: Change date to August August 27, 2014: No new info, change to September Sept 24, 2014: Paul contacted Kurt Finke again, waiting for reply. change to October. Oct 8, 2014: Paul contacted VA again, no reply. Change date to after the F2F meeting. Oct 22, 2014: Discussed at F2F - may be ongoing PC agenda item, with other recruiting activities. Change date to Nov 12, 2014. Nov 18, 2014: Still awaiting VA response. Change Due date to Dec 10, 2014. Dec 10, 2014: No change in status, change due date to Dec 17. Dec 17, 2014: Discussed if we should let this close. Paul will ping VA one more time. Change due date to January. Still no interest from the VA Close until interest comes up again.
156 VA participation in Connectathon and Showcase Greg Greg, Manny CLOSED Manny to send Sandy Vance's contact info to Greg, she may be able to help. Nov 13, 2013: Closed
157 Update cookbook to include ACM implementation Monroe Monroe April 11, 2018 CLOSED Oct. F2F 2012: Not yet in TF FT. PCD-05 still in. Coordination with Pump WG produced change in PCD-05 to R42 from R41. Other elements have been updated as well. Document in the user's guide from the purchaser's perspective. July 10, 2013: Monroe noted that HIMSS published the Interoperability for Dummies Guide and that IHE and PCD needs to promote to purchasing managers. Nov 20, 2013: Need to get info to purchasing staff, Change due date to April 2014 Feb 19, 2014: Presentation at AAMI for purchasing. Change title to Update cookbook to include ACM implementation and move to PC. Note - Moved from TC Feb 19, 2014. June 11, 2014: Move to August meeting.August 27, 2014: Monroe has recruited a volunteer to work on this. He will orient her and get this underway. Change to Sept. Change date to October. Oct 8, 2014: Change date to the F2F meeting. Nov 11, 2014: Volunteer is Darcy Del Dotto, Monroe will invite her to Tues 11/18 3PM ET Co-Chairs call Nov 18, 2014: Monroe will invite Darcy to the Dec 2 Cochair call. Change due date to Dec 2 Dec 10, 2014: No change in status, change due date to Dec 17. Dec 17, 2014: Change due date to January. Jan 14,2015: Working with Darcy on it, will update when we have progress. Change date to February. Update will include MEMDMC and MEMLS, move to March. March 11, 2015: Still working on it, move to April. April 1, 2015: On short hold while Monroe working on CPs, April 28, 2015: Update cookbook to include ACM implementation (Monroe) - Cookbook was drafted, became overlooked when IHE's “Dummies” book was published. The cookbook is still viable, help provide a mechanism for the users/purchasers to effectively choose a system. Darcy reviewed the document. It is very outdated. There is a lot more profiles to be added and she has at least 5 more use cases she would add. She can have document scanned (with notes) and sent. Monroe asked if Darcy would summarize notes and send them to Paul Sh. Change date to May PC. May 20, 2015: No word back from Darcy yet. Change due date to June 24. June 24, 2015: Darcy still in job hunting modse, no new info. Change date to July 8. July 8, 2015: No change, set date to August. Aug 12, 2015: Monroe will have draft ready for F2F, set date to Sep 30 Sept 30, 2015: Monroe will have draft ready for F2F, change to F2F.
Oct 20, 2015: Resource availability limited ability to update so far. Jeff R willing to look at the pump part and Rob will look into the ACM part. Change date to Nov 11. Jeff R has provided Monroe with an updated version of the document for the pump related areas.
Dec 9, 2015: Nothing new change date to next PC meeting.
Jan 13, 2016: No update, change date to Feb PC meeting
Feb 24, 2016: Will address after HIMSS, set to March PC meeting.
March 23, 2016: No progress, move to Face to Face.
April 19, 2016: Will be in cycle by July timeframe. Move to May meeting.
May 18, 2016: Nothing new, move to next PC.
June 15, 2016: Monroe will focus on this, set to PC&TC.
June 22, 2015: Nothing new, set to next PC meeting.
July 13, 2016: Nothing new, set to August meeting.
August 10, 2016: Nothing new, set to September meeting.
Sep 14, 2016: Nothing new, set to Face to Face.
Oct 11, 2016: Interoperability for Dummies gone, only treatise on how to buy conformant equipment. Should add PIV and ACM. A few more weeks. Set to Nov 9 meeting.
Nov 9, 2016: We have some more info, should update soon. Move to December
Dec 14, 2016: Making progress, move to January meeting.
Jan 18, 2017: Nothing new, move to February meeting
Feb 8, 2017: Making progress, move to March meeting.
Mar 8, 2017: No new info, move to F2F.
April 4, 2017: Last updated 2011, Monroe reviewed changes entered so far. There was a lot more changes needed than just adding ACM info. Monroe highlighted a number of those changes. Discussion of implementation matrix, could use table to help define before examples. Add certification discussion and possible additional points, cover the topic but won’t approach its value. Monroe will distribute among the co-chairs, then PC&TC, then IHE overall for review before publishing. Is there a way to determine how many use the device.
April 12, 2017: Will go to Cochairs and PC/TC. Move to May PC
May 10, 2017: No new activity, move to June meeting.
June 21, 2017: No new activity, set to July PC meeting.
July 19, 2017: No new activity, set to August PC meeting.
August 16, 2017: Monroe has updated cookbook and distributed for some comments. Move to Sep.
Sep 27, 2017: Will work on after publication deadlines completed. Set to F2F.
Oct 4, 2017 Cookbook updated, sent to cochairs. Got some feedback, will work on it. It’s more than just ACM, a pretty significant update. Hope to review again on Thursday. Set for Nov PC meeting.
Nov 8, 2017: Updates included and sent to Mary. Should be able to close next time. Move to Dec call.
Dec 13, 2017:Still working on it, move to Jan PC.
Jan 31, 2018: Monroe not available, move to Feb call.
Feb 14, 2018: No new info, move to March call
March 28, 2018: Nothing new, move to F2F.
April 11, 2018: Will be published 4/12, closed


158 ACM potentially help hospitals comply with Joint Commission NPSG 06.01.01 Monroe July 16, 2014 CLOSED April 4, 2014: Monroe will contact ECRI to suggest. June 11, 2014: Much talk about it, most solutions vendor-specific. Limited broad view solution. HIMSS 2015 session will address. Move to July. June 18, 2014: Will push ACM when opportunities arise. July 9, 2014: Joint Commission efforts are focused on alarm source and AM. not much can be accomplished at this point. Close
159 CP adding Alert receiver between AR and/AM or independently off AR Jeff McGeath April 9, 2014 CLOSED April 4, 2014: June 11, 2014: Closed

Closed Items 160-169

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
160 CP to Implement reporting device alert list for ACM Todd Cooper August 13, 2014 CLOSED April 4, 2014: June 11, 2014: Move to August. August 27, 2014: CP passed, close.
161 Medication Administration Clinical Integration White Paper Todd Cooper July 8, 2015 CLOSED April 4, 2014: Todd will discuss the White Paper at next Strategic Planning meeting. June 11, 2014: Move to August. August 27, 2014: Jeff McGeath will email Todd for follow up. PC can decide from that result. Change date to Sept. Sept 24, 2014: Change date to October. Oct 8, 2014: Change date to after the F2F meeting. Nov 19, 2014: No new info, change date to Dec 10, 2014. No change in status, change due date to January. Jan 14, 2015: No change in status, change due date to Feb. Feb 11, 2015: No new info, move to March. March 11, 2015: Nothing new, move to April. March 18, 2015: West Health just published a report. Jeff M will ping Todd for WHI input. April 1, 2015: Kurt will ping Todd to provide update at F2F at WHI. change date to F2F. April 28, 2015: Clinical perspective – it spans a lot of different technologies. IHE – A lot of technologies across domains. How to track through whole dispensing process? WP is intended to address it. Worked with Pharm domain and others. Demo at HIMSS emphasized the process. An update would be very useful to give out to users who want to implement medi admin. This an IHE top-down way to get the info out to the public, rather than bottom-up struggling to be heard. Could also ID gaps and prioritize actions. If we can assemble a team here to finish it, then send it up, it may go to IHE. Is there an actual WP? Todd is confidant it exists, maybe as a draft. Chris volunteers, Jeff M has a good editor to help, Jeff R may be able to help a bit. Change date to May PC meeting May 20, 2015: Chris Brian and Jeff will review. June 3, 2015: Epic thinks this is useful. Jeff sent to his staff, he will check with that person. Set due date to June 10. June 10, 2015: Change to June 24 June 24, 2015: Chris C; No work lately, not clear that this won't be in this round. To remain on one more meeting. If no action, recommend move to Parking lot. Change to July 8. July 8, 2015: No new action; close and move to Parking Lot.


162 PCD vignette for Innovation Center Monroe John Paganini, PCD Feb 2015 CLOSED April 4, 2014: Monroe to contact Elliot. May 14, 2014: John G. will ask Elliot what Innovation Center vignettes are wanted. PCD vignette expectations need to be understood. Results from Innovation Center discussions will influence. Possible discussion with Cleveland Clinic. Add John Paganini and PCD as participants. Elliot could speak to expectations. May be broken into multiple action items later. Close here and move to PC Action Item. Change due date to June 11. June 11, 2014: Move to August. July 9, 2014: John Garguilo discussed with John Paganini. Good idea, but vendors using mostly static set ups, not good with dynamic displays. The Connectathon may increase vendors' interest. Next review August Monroe discussed this with John Paganini. No systems currently available to enact live demonstrations or testing. The Connectathon may improve the situation. Nov 19, 2014: Monroe will ask Jeff McGeath to discuss with John Paganini if he can't get to Connectathon. Dec 10, 2014: Monroe will be unable to attend Connectathon, Kurt will ping John P while there. Change date to Feb 2015. Feb 11, 2015: Kurt talked to John. Need to find a way to pay for this. Maybe after HIMSS, set up a vignette there. Concern over real equipment being deployed in a public area. March 11, 2015: Need components and Infrastructure, no progress at this time. Close until there is progress.
163 Improve FTP Site John Rhoads Plannng Committee Oct 22, 2014 CLOSED Note - section in brackets is imported from Action Item 145. [ F2F Oct. 2012: Develop document indicating where new documents should go on the ftp site. Consider finding a way to improve navigation to old documents. John Rhoads indicated there’s a Wiki page providing guidance. Feb. 13, 2013: Change date to May. Richard Lane offered to review the page and offer suggestions. June 12, 2013: Change date to July 17. July 17, 2013: To be added to October F2F for detailed discussion, change date to October 2013. Nov 13, 2013: Change date to Dec. Dec 11, 2013, change date to Feb 2014 February 12, 2014: Make this a F2F agenda item. Change date to April. June 11, 2014: John has prepared path, work in progress. Change date to July.] Oct. F2F 2012: Develop document indicating where new documents should go on the ftp site. Consider finding a way to improve navigation to old documents. John Rhoads indicated there’s a Wiki page providing guidance. August 21, 2013: Change due date to Sept 4, 2013. Feb 19, 2014: Change date to April F2F. June 25, 2014: Jeff McGeath has it in a visual format, requested PC meeting time. Move to PC Action Items and put on agenda. July 9, 2014: Duplicate of AI 145, merged and closed 145. Change due date to August. August 27, 2014: Work underway, results are in a good visual format. May need to show at a PC or F2F meeting. Change date to October F2F. october 15, 2014: This is a duplicate of TC Action Item 186. Close.
165 Stakeholder Survey Barrett Barrett, Manny Oct 15, 2014 CLOSED Stakeholder Survey; Barrett will finalize and send the PC and TC for final review. August 6, 2014: Still applicable? Move to Planning, ping Barrett, Monroe will own. Due date Oct 15. CLOSED for TC August 27, 2014: Duplicate of item 78, close.
166 Increase notification of intellectual property policy Paul Sherman Monroe March 25, 2015 CLOSED April 4, 2014: Paul will contact HIMSS staff. June 14. 2014: Manny took it up with Chris Carr, no response; will try again. Several components to help ensure participants are aware. Change due date to June 18. August 6, 2014 this is primarily a Planning issue. Close here and move to Planning, Change date to September. Can add the needed language to the Webex landing pages. This would apply across all of IHE. Monroe will raise at the September 23 DCC call. Sept 24 2014: This will affect two different domains, will be an item on the October DCC call. Change date to October. Oct 29, 2014: Briefly discussed at DCC meeting. The need was recognized, DCC will move it up the agenda for the November meeting. Change date to Dec 8, 2014. Nov 12, 2014: Will discuss on 11/25 DCC call Dec 10, 2014: Not discussed at DCC call, should be at next one. Change due date to late January. Jan 21, 2015: Change date to February. February 11, 2015: Nothing new, Still working on different webex version issues. March 11, 2015: in hands of DCC. Looking at another mechanism, likely use Outlook appointment page for announcement. Uses ICS format, so may be compatible with other systems. Move to March 25. March 18, 2015: Determined IHE's idea acceptable, will monitor. Close.
167 Improving Integration Statements Todd, Steve Merritt Oct 21, 2014 CLOSED NOTE: MOVED FROM TC ACTION ITEMS SEPT 24, 2014. Spring 2013 F2F: Seek to increase requirements for the IHE DCC lntegration Statement to include mandatory fields; and to address various levels of testing and utilization (e.g., certification). The product registry may lead to a listing of commercially available systems. May 1: Ask Steve to kick off proposal preparation and form tiger team. Richard Lane: Need to consider having participant’s indicate their successful testing of ‘Optional’ or ‘Conditional’ test cases during the Connectathon. This would help support future certification. More importantly, it may assist future purchasers of IHE compliant products in determining if the product is capable of meeting their actual functionality and feature needs. John Rhoads recommended the TC prepare a specific proposal for the DCC. Steve Merritt will be added to initiate the effort. Certification and other elements are involved in the resolution if the IS is to provide all that may be desired. July 23, 2014: Monroe will discuss certification and commercial products at next DCC call. Postpone until after next DCC call. Change date to Aug 6. Sept 24, 2014: Discussed at DCC. discussed at DCC. We can continue with our list, but include a link to IHE's general list. Change date to F2F. Oct 22 2014: Discussed at F2F. We will continue our list and provide link to IHE's general list. CLOSED.
168 Execute Stakeholder Survey Juuso, Monroe Juuso, Paul Sherman, CoChairs Feb 12, 2020 CLOSED Carried over from AI 78 (AAMI Survey. Juuso will check with ECRI staff to see if they're willing to do a survey with their customers. Juuso checke, it looks promising. Set due date to Oct 28. Moved date out to Nov. 11.
Nov 11, 2015: ECRI can't host survey, but will announce to members. We need a hosting site for the survey. Juuso will check on the announcement deadline. Set date for next PC.
Nov 18, 2015: Juuso updated on deadlines for ECRI to announce. Dec 28 for Jan 1 newsletter, Jan 15 for Jan 18 newsletter.
Dec 16, 2015: Looking for original survey. Still need host. Paul Sherman will check with ACCE. Set due date to Jan 2016.
Jan 13, 2016: Paul asked ACCE if they were willing to host the survey, no firm response yet. Haven't located original survey yet. Change date to Feb PC meeting.
Feb 24, 2016: Will address after HIMSS, set to March PC meeting.
March 23, 2016: No new info, will likely need to build survey from scratch, set to Face to Face.
April 19, 2016: Not enough resources available to pursue this right now. Should split into two Action items, new one to create survey and leave this one as execution.
May 18, 2016: Juuso willing to help create he survey, ECRI is willing to distribute survey link as well. What type of questions? For new people, what is this, and what those familiar with PCD are doing with it, not doing with it, etc. Set due date to June 15.
June 15, 2016: Survey drafted. Set to July meeting.
July 13, 2016: Still needs reviewed, change to August meeting.
Aug 10, 2016: Still in review, will send reminder. Move to September.
Sep 14, 2016: No new info, set to F2F
Oct 11, 2016: Pending completion of survey, set to Nov PC.
Nov 9, 2016: Juuso edited per feedback. Seems to be mostly ready, need to have cochairs approve, then send to ACCE for distribution. Move to December meeting.
Dec 14, 2016: Will have changes to Juuso for next week. Move to joint meeting.
Dec 21, 2016: Monroe has a little bit of info to provide to Juuso. Move to Jan PC meeting.
Jan 18, 2017: Nothing new, move to February meeting
Feb 8, 2017: Some progress, move to March meeting.
Mar 8, 2017: No new info, move to F2F.
April 4, 2017: Monroe reviewed and sent changes back to Paul and Juuso,
April 12, 2017: Juuso can update by next PC meeting. Will work with ACCE on distribution, move to next PC.
April 26, 2017: Reviewed and approved. Hope to distribute to ACCE, ECRI and AAMI. Review at May PC/TC.
May 17, 2017: Survey sent to AAMI, ACCE and ECRI, awaiting publication notification. Set to June meeting.
June 21, 2017: Awaiting publication, set to July meeting.
July 19, 2017: Not published yet. Paul will ping AAMI, ACCE and ECRI for update. Set to August meeting.
August 15, 2017: Paul pinged AAMI and ACCE. ACCE working with Juuso on publishing. Move to Sept Meeting
Sep 27, 2017: Discussed with ACCE, unable to publish via Survey Monkey. Paul discussed with IHE; they will teach us how to run surveys via Google forms. Move to F2F
Oct 4, 2017: Discussed with Jeremiah at IHE how they execute surveys. IHE uses Google Forms; We can create the surveys, then send links to any groups we want that may have input. Paul plans to meet with Jeremiah next week to assemble the surveys. Note: Rob Wilder assemled them in Google Forms during this meeting and has shared them with Paul for review and completion. Follow up at next PC meeting.
Nov 8, 2017: ECRI has notice drafted, Juuso will send as sample and for review. Paul needs to check on how link goes out to the field. Should be ready to implement after that. Move to Dec call.
Dec 13, 2017: Sent to IHE for review, Paul will send to AAMI this morning for their review. ECRI is ready to send. Should go out January 2018. Set to Jan meeting.
Jan 31, 2018: Working with AAMI for final distribution, move to Feb call.
Feb 14, 2018: No new info, move to March call
March 28 2018: Paul Sh discussed with AAMI, they would like to hold off a bit; concerned about survey burn-out. PC -A month or so, no problem. Paul will let them know. Set to F2F
April 11, 2018: Ready to go, awaiting AAMI's readiness. Move to May meeting.
May 9 2018: Haven’t checked with AAMI yet, set to next meeting.
June 20, 2018: Survey distributed to ACCE, AAMI, ECRI, IHE and HIMSS. All have published. Set to next week.
June 27, 2018: Review results at next PC meeting.
July 25, 2018: No update, Review results at next PC meeting.
Aug 15, 2018: Response is very poor for both surveys. Maybe promote it at HIMSS. Paul will ping AAMI again. Bring up at F2F.
Oct 17, 2018: hallenge: How to get responses. Ray mentioned that some survey companies offer compensation to participate. Perhaps HIMSS/IHE could offer a giveaway (a year's membership?) at HIMSS. Follow-up next meeting.
Nov 14, 2018: No new info. Will see if we can bring up the challenges at the DCC meeting next week.
Dec 19, 2018: Paul discussed at DCC, will meet with a couple of other DCC members to post to IHE front page or other options. Move to January.
Jan 9, 2019: Paul hasn’t heard back from other DCC members yet. Move to February.
Feb 20, 2019: Nothing new, review next month.
Mar 13, 2019: No new info, discuss at F2F
Apr 24, 2019: Send to Amit (Sent Apr 29). Could make it an annual survey. Send a link to Thom (Sent Apr 29). Amit can send to other groups to help distribute via other organizations as HIMSS. Review at May PC meeting.
May 8, 2019: Paul sent links to Amit and Thom. No reason not to make it annual. Review surveys at joint PC/TC. Move to joint meeting.
May 15, 2019: Postponed review to focus on IPEC FT review. Set to next joint meeting.
June 19, 2018: Not done with IPEC, move to next PC meeting.
July 24, 2019: No new info, set to August meeting
Sept 11, 2019: No new info, move to F2F
Nov 13, 2019: Manny’s non-pump survey is out. Review next month.
Dec 11, 2019: Manny still looking for responses. Move to January.
Jan 15, 2020: Nothing new, move to February.
Feb 12, 2020: No new info, no follow-up planned - Close
169 Set a deadline for test demographics and communicate it to the participants Sept 14, 2016 CLOSED Finding from 2016 NA Connectathon. PCD demographics spreadsheet doesn’t match NIST Tool demographics – a miscommunication, likely not everyone understood what existing meant (existing spreadsheet or existing in Tool).
May 18, 2016: Need to send info to NIST in August. Set to September PC meeting. Demographics, locations, drug library, all external tables for NIST to incorporate needed. Set due date to June 15.
June 15, 2016: This will work best if done during test reviews. Set to July 12.
July 13, 2016: To be reviewed on CN calls. Need two deadlines, includes all data items for the NIST test tool. Inform WG leads to provide the info (Paul Sh will send to WGs). Set to August (hard deadline).
Aug 10, 2016: Send out notice to WGs that demographics need reviewed and set to Sep TC meeting.
Sep 14, 2016: Sent for review. CLOSE


Closed Items 170-179

No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
170 Create Stakeholder Survey Planning Committee Planning Committee, Paul Sherman Nov 9, 2016 OPEN April 19, 2016: Not enough resources available to pursue this right now. Was split into two Action items, this one to create survey and 168 as execution.
Juuso willing to help create he survey. What type of questions? For new people, what is this, and what those familiar with PCD are doing with it, not doing with it, etc. Set due date to June 15.
June 15, 2016: Juuso drafted surveys for users and vendors. Please review and provide suggestions. Set date to PC&TC.
June 22, 2016: Change date to TC, add to that agenda.
July 13, 2016: Set to August call.
Aug 10, 2016: Still in review, will send reminder. Move to September.
Sep 14, No new info, set to F2F
Oct 11, 2016: Reviewed healthcare survey – use checkboxes to select IHE PCD profile rather than free text. Also reviewed vendor survey – replace open text boxes with check boxes. Additional input from Baylor University: Looks fine with the exception of the question “Please describe a new interoperability use case development that would most benefit your organization”. Not knowing where this survey may land in an organization, it’s possible the recipient may not be familiar with the term “interoperability use case”. I would suggest keeping that verbiage in the question, but adding something at the end like … most benefit your organization “through the exchange of clinical data between systems”, or something like that. Paul will send feedback to Juuso. Set to Nov PC meeting.
Nov 7, 2016: Survey created, Close.


171 MSH3 Ack at Connectathon John Garguilo October, 2016 CLOSED This is moved from TC Action Item 195
Jan 20, 2016: John G will assemble a guide sheet for the monitors at the Connectathon. Change date to Feb 3, 2016.
Feb 10, 2016: This may be an ongoing process to help monitors with new guidance each year. Change date to F2F.
April 21, 2016: EUI64, added into Pre-CN tool, wasn't all that successful. May not be a TC issue, more of housekeeping. If they can add EUI-64, this can be used at CN, but need vendors to provide the number (EUI or DNS). Could add into Gazelle, need to make it early. May need to add to our schedule to before Pre-CN. John showed the Pre-CN venor registration - only two registered so far. Please provide. How does this map to the CN tool? Should be the same value in Gazelle, Add to new user how-to; also to confirm with CN entry. More procedural, may be a PC action item, not TC. Close this and create a PC AI with deadline near Pre - Conn.
172 DEV Domain Implementation PCD Cochairs, Thom Erickson, Todd Cooper Paul Sherman April 22, 2020 CLOSED Jan 15, 2020: Discussed next steps and format of domain. Paul drafted a DEV Domain home wiki page. Will set up a schedule to work on Domain PC and TC. Review in February
Feb 12, 2020: Will have DEV meetings Feb 25 and 26. Can we do something for HIMSS? We may have missed the opportunity. Will see what we can do by the Feb 26 DEV meeting.
March 18, 2020: Still need to get the word out, even within IHE. Will have PCH transactions. Have DEV meetings on 4th week. Move to virtual F2F.
April 22, 2020: Subdomain activities complete. Close and create a DEV level Action item for a Tiger Team to create list of final actions needed and work on them. CLOSED
173 Update TF for DEV Domain John Rhoads, Thom Erickson John Rhoads, Thom Erickson, Paul Schluter, John Garguilo April 22, 2020 CLOSED April 8, 2020: Use existing TF, rename to DEV, edit Volume 1 to reflect new focus. Add PCH and Dpi sections to Vol 2 and 3. Review at F2F.
April 22, 2020: Subdomain activities complete. Close and create a DEV level Action item for a Tiger Team to create list of final actions needed and work on them. CLOSED

Go to PCD Planning Committee Action Items page.


Go to Patient Care Device home.