PCD PC 2013-05-15 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Topic: PCD Planning Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: Joint Planning and Technical Committee Meeting April 24, PCD PC&TC 2013-04-24 Webex
- 3. Action Items from F2F:
- o Set up RTLS, DMC meetings post AAMI - Manny - June 19
- o Update Roadmap - Monroe - is at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/patient_care_devices/roadmap_and_calendar/IHE-PCD_Roadmap_F2F_2013-04-16.xls
- 4. Standards Coordination
- 5. IHE
- DCC -
- 6. Marketing PCD, IHE
- - HIMSS14 Educational Sessions: Proposals Due June 4.
- 7. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD
- - Status of Adopted Workitem Proposals
- o http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8
- o New Profiles
- o CPs: Ballot Monday, Two Weeks; Tight Deadline
- 8. AAMI Demonstration and Recruiting
- - On site: flyers, poster for vendors, handout
- 9. PC Action Item Review (last updated January 16; continue with no. 147)
- 10. Other Business
- 11. Next and Recent Meetings
- - PC, TC
- - Fall F2F Week of October 6 in Boca Raton
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Monroe Pattillo
- Chris Courville, Sue-fen Cuti, Al Engelbert, Barrett Franklin, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Bob Gold, Jeff McGeath, Monroe Pattillo, Scott Powell, John Rhoads, Paul Sherman, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- - Accepted: Joint Planning and Technical Committee April 24, 2013
3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
3. Action Items from F2F:
- - Set up RTLS, DMC meetings post AAMI - Manny - June 21 - will set up Webex
- - Update Roadmap - Monroe - is at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/patient_care_devices/roadmap_and_calendar/IHE-PCD_Roadmap_F2F_2013-04-16.xls
- - Need to check with Axel
4. Standards Coordination
- - HL7/IEEE Meeting Last Week: John Garguilo provided a summary, reporting a productive meeting.
- o ICE provides clinical scenarios and these need to be coordinated with PCD.
- o FHIR is working on the RIM (Reference Information Model) and HL7/IEEE is working with them on the medical data portion.
- o Coordination with the anesthesia, medical gas group enables RTM to proceed.
- o Alignment with the personal health device group is going well. A joint meeting will be planned for the future.
- o Manny will add the link to the meeting notes.
- - DCC – Nothing to report.
- - Elections: Monroe requested volunteers for the two co-chair positions where the terms will end this Fall.
6. Marketing PCD, IHE
- - HIMSS14 Educational Sessions: Proposals Due June 4. Monroe requested submissions.
- - IHE Educational Webinar Series: Monroe will present.
- - Monroe reviewed the calendar at http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD
- o He stressed the timetable for new and updated documents.
- o Fall F2F will be the week of October 6, Boca Raton.
- - Status of Adopted Workitem Proposals
o PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8 o CPs: Ballot Monday, Two Weeks; Tight Deadline
- - John Garguilo asked if new Profiles should be specifically added to the calendar. Monroe noted that the list of work in process is provided elsewhere and that some way to merge them would be helpful. Monroe, Manny, Steve to address the addition of this information to include the project leader.
- - Manny noted that ballots will be out Monday for CPs. Monroe described the short timeline. John Rhoads noted that ballots need to be returned promptly.
o New Profiles: Device Optimized Syntax: Ken reports this will likely begin with a WP.
8. AAMI Demonstration and Recruiting - On site: flyers, poster for vendors, handout
9. PC Action Item Review (last updated January 16; continue with no. 147)
- 148. Close as complete
- 149. Update as above
- 71. Monroe suggested that PCD explore new avenues, those where clinicians converge. Manny suggested that HIMSS may participate in these meetings. Monroe and Manny to talk with Joyce at AAMI.
- 78. Stakeholder Survey: No report. Date changed to June.
- 128. Promote RTM: Paul reported that new terms are in the RTMMS. Monroe suggests that these are published there are good opportunities for publication (ballot and availability of Vent terms). Change date to July.
- 134. ACM Publication: Barrett’s article in BIT news was published. Close with understanding that there will be three or more articles a year.
- 137. Testing Commercially Available Systems: Updated list to be reviewed and included in AAMI posters.
- 139. PCIM: Remove Robert, change date to June 12.
- 140. START HERE NEXT TIME
10. Other Business
- - None offered.
11. Next and Recent Meetings - PC, TC - Fall F2F Week of October 6 in Boca Raton
- - New Profiles should be specifically added to the calendar at PCD. Monroe, Manny, Steve to address the addition of this information to include the project leader.
The next meetings are:
PC June 12, 2013 PCD PC 2013-06-12 Webex
TC June 5, 2013 PCD TC 2013-06-05 Webex
TC June 19, 2013 PCD TC 2013-06-19 Webex