PCD PC 2008-06-18 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Routine Meeting of the Planning Committee
Topic: Patient Care Device Domain
Date: June 6, 2008
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -04:00, New York
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Action Items
- IHE Membership Requirements for PCD Participation
- IHE Webinars replacing the physical IHE Educational Meeting
- Public Comment Review Process
- Specific PCD Calendar Items
Attachments / Materials
- The IHE Webinars, including records of past webinars in this series can be found at http://www.ihe.net/north_america/connectathon2009.cfm
- Action Items are found at http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC_2008_Action_Items
- Ray Zambuto (Technology in Medicine) and Ken Fuchs (Draeger)
- Jon Blasingame, Steve Borchers, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, John Hotchkiss, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Ray Zambuto, Manny Furst
- <Adjust table rows per meeting needs>
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Approval of Minutes
3 Action Items Review
- Due Dates have been adjusted. See the Action Items for due dates.
- #40: IDC Profile support in PCD - Cardiology is looking for new funding.
- #41: Universal Device ID - FDA announced that a backlog in the Government Accounting Office will delay this until after the election.
- #44: IEEE MOU - in limbo at IHE until HL7 MOU is finalized; it will become a template. Paul is concerned about permission for use of IEEE terms in Rosetta.
- #64: Vendor Prioritization - No change.
- #66: Survey Results - No change.
- #68: HITSP Remote Monitoring - Charles Parisot and Rick Cnossen have been present. Discussion continues. HITSP document will be released for public comment shortly. Todd suggested PCD have Webex sessions to develop a response. Paul suggested that PCD-01 could be a reasonable protocol.
- #69: New and Enhanced Profiles: Recruiting Champions - Will include extensions to ACM, waveform segments, MEM, PnP. No change.
- #70: Coordination with Cardiology for ECG - No change.
- #71: Clinician Recruiting - A few replies from email indicating nurses would not be able to participate in PC. Todd indicated that RTM ventilator WG has recruited physicians. Profile development may be a reasonable initial step in recruiting and perhaps will lead to further involvement. Questions remain about IP aspect of IHE membership.
- #72: Recruiting Through Press Releases - Objectives are recruiting and raising awareness of the PCD. Manny requested suggestions for distribution of a press release on the public comment period. Paul suggested reaching out to professional organizations looking for common terminology.
- #40: Closed
- #71: PCD needs to find a way for public participation in developing profile proposals and to clarify how to go beyond that in developing supplements. Need to schedule a webinar with Didi, Chris, IHE's IP attorney. To be discussed at the PCD cochairs meeting tomorrow.
- #68: Paul and Todd to provide HITSP timeline and propose response process.
4 IHE Membership Requirements for PCD Participation
- See Action Item #71, above.
5 IHE Webinars replacing the physical IHE Educational Meeting
- The IHE Webinars replace the physical meeting that has taken place in the past. The web site, http://www.ihe.net/north_america/connectathon2009.cfm provides the schedule and records of past webinars in this series.
6 Public Comment Review Process
- Todd noted that either a face-to-face or webinar is required to review and approve the responses to the public comments.
- PCD Cochairs to discuss, establish process to set webinar dates.
7 Next Meeting
- Todd reviewed the dates for the 4th PCD cycle (beginning with the call for Brief Profile Proposals this fall and leading to the 2010 Connectathon). These are found at http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestones
8 Next Meeting
- The next meeting will be held on July 2, at 11 am EDT. Agenda items should be submitted via the Wiki, at http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC_2008-07-02_Webex
Agenda items should be submitted via the Wiki, http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC_2008-07-02_Webex
Reviewed & approved by PCD PC on July 2, http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC_2008-07-02_Webex