PCD Connectathon&Showcase 2010-09-21 Webex
PCD Connectathon & Showcase Tenth Meeting, September 21, 2010
You can find the Action Items at http:___
You can find the agenda at http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Connectathon%26Showcase_WG_2010-11
Bob Britton, Michael Celeste (Pfizer), Bikram Day, John Donnelly, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Dina Lappe (Philips), Brad Lunde, Geri Mitchell-Brown, Monroe Pattillo, Ken Pool (Oz Systems), Sandy Vance (HIMSS), Manny Furst
Newcomers were welcomed (see affiliations in parentheses).
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Newcomers were introduced. No changes were made to the agenda.
2 Action Items From Last Week
The updates are:
- 1. The Message Workbench: Peter Rontey has a new position, with little responsibility for the MWB. As a result, we will be using the version used last year, with minor changes that we need to request in the near term. He is not scheduling routine tutorials, so we will use the recorded tutorials available on the PCD ftp site. Note that there is a README statement that explains how to access/use the recordings. Peter will provide a training session in the near future and may be able to accommodate a small number of PCD participants. Participants were asked to send Manny an email with needed changes.
- 2. Manny contacted Chuck Parker at Continua. The result, with John Donnelly’s participation is that it is unlikely the PCD scenarios will include home health data coming to PCD. Rather, a discharge from a PCD story will include sending the patient home with home health devices. There is a remote possibility that IBM or other company will provide the intermediary step of taking the WS-* message and providing a document to the PCD EMR. John Donnelly described the Continua – PCD link. He is recruiting a remote monitoring system as intermediary from continua WS-* and convert it to XDS repository (v.2 to CDA). The hospital system would then look for the hospital EMR to accept the document. The PCD system would need the Query/Retrieve XDS.
- 3. John Donnelly is supportive if 30 minute time slots for PCD (two 15 minute slots).
- 4. The Acts and Roles were updated and this meeting will focus on the new approach. John Donnelly will then integrate these new “Acts” into the HIMSS registration. Vendors with PCD systems will be asked to register (and those registered may need to revise) the actors and roles they registered for. The entire registration will be reviewed and Manny and John will allocate systems to provide the stories and demonstrate the PCD profiles following the close of registration.
- 5. Manny to ask Steve Moore to define assigning authority.
- The Four Scenarios Plus One or Two
- Manny will update the Scenarios with the changes developed during the meeting. Each wall will emphasize one PCD profile as Anupriyo suggested last week.
- Scenario 1: Emphasis on PIV: Continua is to be removed. Pfizer is interested in demonstrating Adverse Event Reporting to the FDA. If space and time permits this will be part of Scenario 1 on the wall or elsewhere (cross setting). It would address an adverse event caused by a device, and make use of the medical record for patient data and device identification.
- Scenario 2: Emphasis on ACM: Add PCD-06, PCD-07 to all steps.
- Scenario 3: Emphasis on DEC with many different types of systems: Oz System provides a hearing screening report to public health agencies. Their system takes data from hearing test devices and they want to send it as PCD-01 to other devices systems, e.g., a medical record system. They also want to consume PCD-01 from hearing devices. This would supplement fetal monitoring and other infant data.
- Scenario 4: Emphasis on IDCO: No changes.
- Scenario 5: Meaningful Use: TBD.
- Scenario 6: Placeholder for the FDA Adverse Event Reporting story which may not be physically located at PCD.
4 Next Meeting
Next meeting will focus on introductions to the development and test tools: the Message Workbench (MWB, developed by the VA) and NIST tools.
Return to main PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG page: PCD_Connectathon&Showcase_WG_2010-11