PCD Cochairs 2010-07-13 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Review & Approve Agenda
2. Review Previous Meeting Summaries (June 15, 22, 29 and July 6) Deferred
3. Profile Updates
MEM
4. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
5. Connectathons 2010 Korea and 2011 NA and HIMSS11 Showcase Updates
6. Stakeholder Survey
7. Funding Status update
8. Board Report
9. IHE International
- Patent Process follow-up w/ CareFusion
10. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
11. ITI "Outreach" Program Response w/ Karen Witting
12. Technical Framework Template Discussions in DCC
13. Additional Business
14. Action Items
15. Next Meeting

Attachments / Materials

The previous meeting was on July 6, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-07-06 Webex

See PCD Cochair Action Items page.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Meeting Summary

Participants

Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, John Rhoads
Guest: Paul Schluter
Meeting Chaired by: John
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Todd added Standards Coordination, IHE Coordination with ITI item and cochairs elections. He asked that AAMI, Stakeholder Survey, and the Oct. F2F be removed until they become active.

Decisions/Issues:

Accepted Placeholder

Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Several meetings are in the queue.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s): Manny will update meeting summaries and send a request for review via email before the next meeting.


3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

deferred

  • 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
  • 61: Stakeholder survey -
  • 74: Clinician recruitment -
  • 77: HITSP RMON -
  • 78: Continua -
  • 82: CIMIT -
  • 83: Funding Possibilities -
  • 87: Recruiting Vendors -
  • 88: Cycle 4 -
  • 89: Stakeholder Survey -
  • 90: ASTM MOU -
  • 91: High-Level Architecture -
  • 92: TF Revision -
  • 93: V&V & IHE -
  • 94: Managing Public Comments -
  • 95: Clarification of HL7 copyright issues -
  • 96: Recruiting for the 2011 Connectathon, Showcase -

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Agenda Items
- All
Status/Discussion:

Placeholder

  • Profiles:
Todd asked if IDCO representatives will attend tomorrow’s TC meeting. No one has received their response to the invitation. Todd sent a reminder and Paul will send them information about the timeline.
Todd raised the ER vs XML for PCD. John considers this a clarification, rather than substantive. The requirement for ER will be mentioned in tomorrow’s TC and in the TF revision.
Todd suggested a CP to identify a webservices option for PCD-01. This appears to have been addressed (partially) in Paul’s earlier CP. However, Paul suggested that additional verbiage may be required. This will require an additional option, with a default of MLLP with an option for webservices or both (behind the firewall).
The two outstanding PIV ballots will pass; the only question is if quorum requirements have been met. Yvonne is updating the roster and past votes.
Iona has raised the issue of use of dotted notation because it is not HL7, but additional parsing requirements. This has been discussed previously. A short discussion will be include in the TC agenda.
Monroe has raised the issue of a separate OBR. Todd asked if this should be resolved at ballot resolution. Monroe wants the evidentiary data in the same message. A short discussion will be include in the TC agenda.


  • HITSP ARRA/HITECH status update: Halamka’s notes on the final rule: Todd said there are no surprises. PCD’s issues are in Phase 2, not Phase 1, where they were desired. Concern is over their inclusion in Phase 2. Change subject name to ONC Update in the future.
  • Korea Connectathon: Todd will be going. We had a call last week identifying all the management issues. We meet again Thurs. Todd shared the PPT listing devices that will be tested.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Manny to add xml to TC agenda. Change subject name to ONC Update in the future.
5 Next Meeting
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Next week

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be July 20, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-07-20 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home