PCD Cochairs 2010-06-08 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review previous Discussion Summary from 2010.06.01
- 3. AAMI
- - AAMI Response to Co-Sponsorship
- - Conference 2010: Session and Mini-Showcase
- 4. Detailed Profile Proposals
- 5. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
- 6. F2F - Participation, Recruiting, Planning
- 7. Connectathons 2010 Korea and 2011 NA and HIMSS11 Showcase Updates
- 8. Stakeholder Survey
- 9. Funding Status update
- 10. Board Report
- 11. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
- 12. IHE International
- - Patent Process follow-up w/ CareFusion
- 13. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- 14. ITI "Outreach" Program Response w/ Karen Witting
- 15. Technical Framework Template Discussions in DCC
- 16. Additional Business
- 17. Action Items
- 118. Next Meeting
Attachments / Materials
The previous meeting was on June 1, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-06-01 Webex
See PCD Cochair Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Cochairs: Ken Fuchs, John Rhoads
- Meeting Chaired by: John
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Discussion will be limited due to lack of quorum.
- Accepted limited discussion, and the extension of the meeting to introduce PCD to Iatric Systems
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- No changes were requested.
3 Action Items Review
4 Agenda Items
- Taking the TF to Final Text: Ken indicated that his reading of Chris Carr’s emails indicated that all of IHE must review Supplements before it is considered TI. The question is the transition of the TF to Final Text. See last week's summary. Todd will contact Chris for clarification.
- TF volume 2, Snapshot CP are out for ballot.
- Manny to ask Todd if he heard from Chris Carr.
5 Fall F2F
- We have two possible hotels, Ken is seeking other options.
- Manny will involve HIMSS when we have more information.
6 New Business
- How will PCD address patient identification/binding if the patient information comes in other than HL7 v 2,messages?The question arose in the Connectathon/Showcase meeting in the previous hour. Do we need to have a PIB option or only suggest/recommend PAM, PDQ? Should it be a grouped test? We do need to be able to test that patients are identified, but they do not necessarily get ADT information. Do we need to accept other than HL7 v2?
- John asked if there is interest in moving MEM forward. He received an inquiry from Alex Wirth indicated Symantec’s interest. They see this as a competitive advantage by having specialized hospital software in their IT management area.
- Manny to ask Todd for his opinion about PIB and patient identification.
- Manny will ask Vaughan about Nuvon’s interest in MEM.
7 Iatric Introduction
- Conversation with Mary Moewe and Mark Bevivino:
Their primary HIS system interface is with MediTech, and are now expanding beyond them, including McKesson. Mark is Director of Development. They have accomplished integration with a number of medical device systems.
They integrated a variety of devices, including IV pumps, monitors, VSMs, and sending and receiving ADT messages. They have an interest in ventilator interfaces. In addition to device data they do handle “out of range” events/alarms. We raised the possibility of maternal scenario, including fetal monitoring, which they have done. They might be able to bring MediTech to the Showcase.
- Manny to send links to pictures, AAMI presentation, meeting schedule,
8 AAMI Meeting
- A final meeting of participants will take place next week.
- Manny get bios for AAMI session
The next meeting will be June 15, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-06-15 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">