PCD Cochairs 2010-04-13 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review previous Discussion Summary from 2010.04.06
- 3. AAMI
- - AAMI Response to Co-Sponsorship
- - Conference 2010: Session and Mini-Showcase
- - Domain Sponsorship
- 4. Detailed Profile Proposals
- 5. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
- 6. F2F - Participation, Recruiting, Planning / Scheduling
- 7. HIMSS10 and HIMSS11 Showcase Updates
- - HIMSS Showcase $$$ from PCD...?
- 8. Stakeholder Survey
- 9. Funding Status update
- 10. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
- 11. IHE International
- - Incorporation Status
- - IP Management Process - Patent Process follow-up w/ PCD Membership
- 12. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- - Netherlands Showcase
- - Korean Connectathon & Showcase
- Presentation to IHE International Board
- Presentation to Testing & Tools Committee
- WAN interface, WS* & ITI Testing ... PCD NA 2011 Connectathon
- 13. ITI "Outreach" Program Response w/ Karen Witting
- 14. Technical Framework Template Discussions in DCC
- 15. Additional Business
- 16. Action Items
- 17. Next Meeting
Attachments / Materials
The previous meeting was on March 30, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-03-30 Webex
See PCD Cochair Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
- Meeting Chaired by: John
- Guest: Paul Schluter
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Todd provided 2 minor edits.
3 Action Items Review
- 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
- 61: Stakeholder survey -
- 74: Clinician recruitment -
- 77: HITSP RMON -
- 78: Continua -
- 82: CIMIT -
- 83: Funding Possibilities -
- 87: Recruiting Vendors -
- 88: Cycle 4 -
- 89: Stakeholder Survey -
- 90: ASTM MOU -
- 91: High-Level Architecture -
- 92: TF Revision -
- 93: V&V & IHE -
- 94: Managing Public Comments -
- 95: Clarification of HL7 copyright issues -
- 96: Recruiting for the 2011 Connectathon, Showcase -
4 Agenda Items
- 3: AAMI:
- - Mini-Showcase – not much changed; Manny will update drawing, details, budget
- - AAMI Co-Sponsorship –
- o Invite Monday to Webex, provide a Webex to AAMI leadership – MANNY to call Ray and ask him to recommend next steps, keep cochairs up to date
- o Invite Paul Kelley
- 4: Detailed Profile Proposals: Todd, John will be working on these for tomorrow’s TC meeting
- 5: Nothing new
- 6: F2F: Manny provided an update on registration, agenda. He suggested that cochairs identify how to reach out to clinicians and for adding MEM to Wednesday. Todd and Steve suggested that MEM only be added if CEs are there, and that Wed., Thurs. will address technical details.
- 7: Paul suggested we consider an LED message board. This ribbon could be the message transfer. Todd suggested a less technical alternative – ribbon leds.
- 8: Nothing new.
- 9: Nothing new.
- 10: Nothing new.
- 11: IHE International
- - 501 (c)3 has been filed.
- - The IP information has been filed.
- - Todd will follow up with companies involved in current IP issues.
- - TFs need to include disclaimers re patents
- 12: IHE PCD - Asia, Europe:
- - John gave Netherlands group a presentation on DEC. They had their mini-connectathon and mini-showcase.
- - Todd gave a presentation to the Board re Korea. He is on the agenda of the next Testing and Tools Committee meeting. There has been no response to ITI’s effort on the WS* profile. This will likely be part of the 2011 Connectathon.
- 13: ITI "Outreach" Program Response w/ Karen Witting: DCC included a report on outpatient program by Mike Nussbaum. Karen and Todd discussed the relationship and a meeting will be held in late May/early June to follow up.
- 14: Technical Framework Template Discussions in DCC : There was discussion about TF organization. It has become a moving target, with differences in PCD.
- 15: Additional Business: None offered.
The next meeting will be April 20, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-04-20 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">