PCD Cochairs 2010-03-23 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review previous Discussion Summary from 2010.03.16
- 3. AAMI
- - Meeting at AAMI to discuss medical device IT, Monday, 29 March 2010 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the AAMI Offices in Arlington, VA
- - Conference 2010: Session and Mini-Showcase
- - Domain Sponsorship
- 4. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
- 5. Detailed Profile Proposals
- 6. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
- 7. 2010 N A Connectathon Update
- 8. HIMSS10 and HIMSS11 Showcase Updates
- - Stories, Structure, Space Required
- 9. Stakeholder Survey
- 10. Funding Status update
- 11. IHE International
- - Incorporation Status
- - IP Management Process
- 12. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- - Netherlands Showcase
- - Korean Showcase
- 13. F2F in May
- 14. Recruiting Continua members - Paul's invitation
- 15. Additional Business
- 16. Action Items
- 17. Next Meeting
Attachments / Materials
The previous meeting was on March 16, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-03-16 Webex
See PCD Cochair Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
- Meeting Chaired by: Todd
- Guest: Paul Schluter, Elliot Sloane, Ray Zambuto
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- No changes were requested.
3 Action Items Review
- 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
- 61: Stakeholder survey -
- 74: Clinician recruitment -
- 77: HITSP RMON -
- 78: Continua -
- 82: CIMIT -
- 83: Funding Possibilities -
- 87: Recruiting Vendors -
- 88: Cycle 4 -
- 89: Stakeholder Survey -
- 90: ASTM MOU -
- 91: High-Level Architecture -
- 92: TF Revision -
- 93: V&V & IHE -
- 94: Managing Public Comments -
- 95: Clarification of HL7 copyright issues -
- 96: Recruiting for the 2011 Connectathon, Showcase -
4 Agenda Items
- 3. AAMI
- - Medical Device IT Meeting Next Week: Convened by AAMI to discuss medical device IT. Attendance includes John Murray and others from FDA, vendors involved in PCD and other IT products. The agenda will be out tomorrow. Are they looking at increased scope of AAMI standards activities? PCD needs to engage as appropriate. John and Paul will participate.
- - AAMI Meeting in June (Session and Mini-Showcase): Ken and Todd confirmed for the session; Steve pending. Two pumps, two bedside monitors likely, Cerner IOP on the mini-showcase; seeking a CIS for DOC support for pumps, monitors.
- 8. Manny sent Lisa and Elli a summary of PCD’s outlook for HIMSS11.
- 12. Todd leaves for Korea Thursday night; will return in a week.
- 13. May meeting: Still seeking Berkeley as a site. We should begin planning the agenda.
- ITI held a meeting today. John participated. ITI is developing a process to address priority needs of other domains. ITI representatives will talk with the domains to learn how PCD uses ITI profiles and what future needs will be.
- Tracy Rausch’s company received a grant and desires to coordinate with PCD ICE-PAC.
- Julian Goldman, MD will call Paul to coordinate on use of RTM.
The next meeting will be March 30, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-03-30 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">