PCD Cochairs 2010-03-09 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Review & Approve Agenda
2. Review previous Discussion Summary from 2010.02.23
3. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
4. AAMI
- Conference 2010: Session and Mini-Showcase
- Domain Sponsorship
5. Detailed Profile Proposals
6. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
7. Showcase Update
- Ruth's testing
- Snapshots, Block Diagrams, Structure
- Scripts and Docent Recruiting, Training
- Desire to emphasize Meaningful Use
- Recruiting at HIMSS10
- Stakeholder survey announcement?
8. Connectathon Update
- Survey Results
9. Funding Status update
- Federal funding
- Letter to ACCE
- Proposal from Jennifer
- Other opportunities / updates
10. IHE International
- Incorporation Status
- IP Management Process
11. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- Netherlands Showcase
12. F2F in May
13. Recruiting Continua members - Paul's invitation
14. Additional Business
15. Action Items
16. Next Meeting

Attachments / Materials

The previous meeting was on February 23, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-02-23 Webex

See PCD Cochair Action Items page.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Meeting Summary

Participants

Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
Meeting Chaired by: Todd
Guest: Paul Schluter
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Accepted

Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
No changes were requested for the Feb. 2 meeting.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
  • 61: Stakeholder survey -
  • 74: Clinician recruitment -
  • 77: HITSP RMON -
  • 78: Continua -
  • 82: CIMIT -
  • 83: Funding Possibilities -
  • 87: Recruiting Vendors -
  • 88: Cycle 4 -
  • 89: Stakeholder Survey -
  • 90: ASTM MOU -
  • 91: High-Level Architecture -
  • 92: TF Revision -
  • 93: V&V & IHE -
  • 94: Managing Public Comments -
  • 95: Clarification of HL7 copyright issues -

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Agenda Items
- All
Status/Discussion:


  • 3: Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
- MEM – The only comments received were from ECRI Institute.
- User Handbook – Steve will talk with Bridget regarding her comments. Todd noted that Erin has some thoughts on PIV. Steve has asked her to contact Partners (Rick Schrenker, et al) about their comments; those were primarily about risk management.
  • 4. AAMI – annual meeting session and mini-showcase - Manny will develop a straw concept. The Mini-Showcase will be a collaboration between ACCE and HIMSS; possibly AAMI.
  • 5. Detailed Profile Proposals: Todd will address the general content, event/alert/alarm, and device/patient association.
  • 6. HITSP ARRA/HITECH status update: Jennifer is working on an ARRA/HITECH crosswalk.
  • 7. Showcase: For HIMSS11:
-Steve asked about PCC's interest in Perinatal Workflow, including PCD. At DCC Todd raised the issue of how DCC can better coordinate the domains' work, with consideration of strategic priorities. Steve asked if we should recruit L&D Vendors. Manny asked for names of companies and if known, potential contacts. Manny will contact Jim Keller for contacts.
- Docent handoffs at theatre was problematic. IDCO/Muse felt overwhelmed by the rest of the story.
- We need "worst case" for budgeting space, funds for HIMSS11 this month. Manny will work with the WG on this.
- Paul reported that the Continua --> Wall 1 story/tour went well. Jennifer liked the ability to invite Wall 1 participants to tour Wall 4, introducing Wall 4 at the end of the Wall 1 tour.
- Paul found that involving vendors in the tour discussion worked well, made the tour more interesting, and recommended this be included next year. Docent and vendors need to be knowledgeable for this to work.
  • 8. Deferred until after discussion at the WG.
  • 9. Nothing new.
  • 10. IHE International: Ray attended the inaugural meeting as Treasurer.
  • 11. Todd will go to Korea later this month to help them prepare for their first Showcase.
  • 12. F2F in May: Manny to call Lisa re F2F.
  • 13. Paul will submit CPs for the TF. John, Ken, Todd will talk about the TF v0.2 this week.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Fall F2F
- Manny
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Profile Update Detail
- Todd
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

8 xyz
- <lead>
Status/Discussion:
  • ...

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

9 xyz
- <lead>
Status/Discussion:
  • ...

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

n Next Meeting
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be March 16, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-03-16 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home