PCD Cochairs 2009-11-10 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Review & Approve Agenda
2. Review previous Discussion Summary from 2009.10.27
3. MEM public comment resolution
4. HITSP Cross Reference Table (PDQ, RMON)
5. AAMI Conference 2010
6. Recruiting, Other
- Continua members with regulated devices
7. Connectathon Update
- Continua PCD-01 testing at Connectathon (our responsibility?) and collaboration at Showcase
o Availability of Continua's requirements for certification to non-members
8. Showcase Update
- Need draft of Scenario/Messages/Themes for the four walls
o Friday 9:30 EST meeting with J Donnelly, Lisa, Elli
- Desire to emphasize Meaningful Use
- Recruiting AC and AA vendors
- Recruiting RTLS vendors
9. Work Item Priorities - Ballot Results
10. Funding Status update
- Federal funding
- Letter to ACCE
- Proposal from Jennifer
- Other opportunities / updates
11. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
12. IHE International
- Application Issues - CareFusion, others?
- Incorporation Status
- IP Management Process
13. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
14. New Directions
- ACM in other domains
15. F2F
- Review Oct. F2F including Action Items
- Set date and city for Spring F2F
16. Additional Business
17. Action Items

Attachments / Materials

The previous meeting was on October 27, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-10-27 Webex

See PCD Cochair Action Items page.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Meeting Summary

Participants

Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
Meeting Chaired by: Todd
Guest: Paul Schluter
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Accepted

Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Did we review 10/27?

No changes were requested.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
  • 61: Stakeholder survey -
  • 74: Clinician recruitment - Close
  • 77: HITSP RMON - Close
  • 78: Continua - Close
  • 82: CIMIT - Change Date to Jan. 1
  • 83: Funding Possibilities - Change Date to Jan. 1
  • 87: Recruiting Vendors - Close
  • 88: Cycle 4 -
  • 89: Stakeholder Survey - Close (Duplicates Item in PC)
  • 90: ASTM MOU - Change Date to Jan. 1
  • 91: High-Level Architecture - Change Date to Feb. 1
  • 92: TF Revision - Change Date to Feb. 1
  • 93: V&V & IHE -
  • 94: Communication Issue raised by Ioana - did we close this one?

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Cycle 5: Detailed Profile Development
- Ken, Steve
Status/Discussion:
  • Work Item Cycle 5 Discussion:
  • Four items made the cut. Two relate to DPI, with much the same group participating. Some of these, e.g., DPI, will contribute to MEM even though it did not meet the cut. Todd noted that QBD and perhaps others may be high on the HITSP priority list. Ken noted that the two data queries, Asynchronous Data Query and Query for Bulk Data may be able to use similar methods for implementation.
  • The Detailed Profile Proposals are due Dec. 22.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Spring F2F
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Awaiting dates from Celina.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Recruiting
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Ken spoke to an annual meeting in the Netherlands last week. There was good representation from clinical physicists, two of whom want to initiate a PCD group. They will first become familiar with the existing PCD work and then decide upon their direction. Manny to invite their participation in PCD meetings.
  • Todd, Manny providing teleconference to ACCE – update on PCD. Steve asked that he mention the upcoming availability of the User Handbook.
  • Todd will talk with Chris Dinegar about the AAMI Conference and mini-showcase.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Ray will be talking with Mary Logan (AAMI), possibly to include co-sponsorship.
  • Todd, John will complete the HITSP technical notes and submit it to HITSP this week. The document will include promoting the ICE-PAC concepts for ARRA Meaningful Use.


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be November 17, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-11-17 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home