PCD Cochairs 2009-08-04 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review previous Discussion Summary from 2009.07.28
- 3. Web Usage: GG pages vs. wiki vs. ftp
- 4. High-Level Architecture ACM vs. DEC, alarm evidentiary data, ...
- 5. AAMI Engagement - Status Update
- 6. TF Revision Review:
- - Volumes 1, 2, 3 & ... 4?!
- - Workflow & Semantic Profiles vs. transactions (esp. WCM, ACM & RTM)
- - Outlines
- 7. PCD CP Process and related pages
- 8. Calendar Review
- 9. PCD Planning Details - Lisa's email of Thursday, July 30, 2009 11:48 AM (PDT)
- 10. IHE-J & 2010 Connectathon / Showcase Update
- 11. V&V & IHE!
- 12. World Health IT March 15-18 Barcelona
- 13. Action Items
Preliminary - copied from July 21 meeting with some updates
- c. AAMI Conference 2010
- - Update
- - Recruiting - webinars?
- d. Profile and CP Updates:
- - IDCO Profile status
- - MEM-RTLS breakout
- - Other work items
- e. IHE PCD - Asia
- - IHE-J PCD Support
- - [| IHE Asia-Oceania 2010 Connectathon / Showcase]
- f. Connectathon Update
- g. Showcase Update
- h. Funding Status update
- - Letter to ACCE
- - Proposal from Jennifer
- - Other opportunities / updates
- i. Continua-IHE PCD WAN SDE#2 Meeting Update
- - IHE Support for HL7 v2 ER messages using WS*
- j. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
- k. Fall PCD F2F
- l. IHE International
- n. Additional Business
- - Recruiting
- - Connectivity Meeting Sept.
Attachments / Materials
updated with discussion of July 28, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-07-28 Webex
See PCD Cochair Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
- Meeting Chaired by: Todd
- Guest: Paul Schluter
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Accepted; no changes were requested.
3 Action Items Review
- 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
- 74: Clinician recruitment -
- 77: HITSP RMON -
- 78: Continua -
- 82: CIMIT -
- 83: Funding Possibilities -
- 87: Recruiting Vendors -
- 88: Cycle 4 -
- 89: Stakeholder Survey -
- 90: ASTM MOU -
4 Agenda Items
- 3. :* Web vs ftp vs Wiki: Todd raised the question of usage and whether documents are posted to the Google Groups. Comments included difficulty that some corporate systems won’t permit access to the ftp site. Manny is experimenting with a Google Docs spreadsheet for the Connectathon/showcase WG action items. Decision is to raise this at the TC meeting tomorrow. And to use documents in the GGs only for short term items.
- 4. Todd asked how to clarify when a message should be ACM vs DEC. He indicated that this may be addressed in the TF revision (item 6 on agenda). Paul suggested that DEC PCD-01 should remain outbound messages. Event items that require response should not be in DEC, while ACM sends events that may bring responses. Todd suggested that ACM should address items that have regulated responses; Paul suggested adding other data. Ken noted that this other “channel” could handle the alarm and associated data that may be waveform snippet or other data, including evidentiary data.
- 5. Tcon with Audrey, Lisa, Joyce later today: Todd suggested that early in the meeting we ask what her interests are for the meeting.
- 6. The cochairs asked for an Action Item to address items 4, 6, 11.
- 7. CP Process: John’s Wiki page is PCD’s process. If, as Ken has suggested, a significant CP were offered the cochairs can extend the PCD ballot process to provide more time to solicit comments from non-PCD people and domains. PCD will follow Chris Carr’s agreement that the CPs need not go out for formal public comment. In effect John’s process is a parallel path, with two weeks for minor issues and a longer period for significant ones.
- 8. Calendar Review: Steve completed this effort.
- 9. PCD Planning Details - Lisa's email of Thursday, July 30, 2009: Addressed yesterday.
- 11. Verification and Validation: Ken noted that validation must be accomplished against intended use.
- 12. Forward the WHIT email to PC, TC and put on PC agenda
5 Other Business
- IHE HL7 Usage Coordination: The DCC is not satisfied with their responsiveness, but no other leadership emerged. It appears this will not change until Spring and may impact PCD’s work.
- Todd noted the lack of publicity about the IHE webinar series. John said he brought that up to the DCC meeting and the response was that this is the responsibility of domain PCs.
- Ken asked how to make end users aware of PCD profiles that are only used within other profiles (e.g., RTM, WCM). Ken noted that other domains have sent Steve Moore emails with similar concerns asking how to list these as test in the Connectathon. He will send an email to Steve for PCD.
6 Next Meeting
- Plan for 90 minutes.
The next meeting will be August 11, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-08-11 Webex and is scheduled for 90 minutes.
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">