PCD Cochairs 2008-09-11 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Thursday, September 11, 2008
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -00:00, New York)>
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Minutes of September 4, 2008
- Action Items
- IHE International (IP, quorum, elections)
- White paper proposals & process
- Profile wiki pages - review
Attachments / Materials
- Minutes of earlier meetings http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Cochairs_2008-09-04_Webex
Action Items Brought Forward
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
26 Open discussions on unifying efforts for device interoperability - facility for year 'round lab Ray Ken 9/18/08 OPEN Julian is planning to join the F2F on Thursday morning. A discussion will be held in Vancouver as well, simultaneously with the ICE meeting in Boston. Nothing to report about developing a test lab. A new Action Item, #79, for PCD to develop the MOU that is intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU. 38 Purchasing Guide for PCD Users Elliot 9/18/08 OPEN 55 Showcase vendor display policy Todd Ray, Elliot 9/18/08 OPEN Will include in draft Domain Governance document. Would be best to have in place by the F2F. Todd will develop a Wiki page for discussion, and a vote at the F2F. Also see #57. 57 Develop PCD governance document. Ray Cochairs 9/18/08 OPEN Supplements the IHE governance document (e.g., quorum and non-quorum meetings). See #63, 64. Ray will review ITI document and modify for PCD. 61 Analyze, publish results of survey Ray 9/18/08 OPEN Survey still open. 62 Add Governance page to IHE PCD Wiki Todd 10/16/08 OPEN See #57, ITI as an exemplar; Todd will post before F2F. 63 IHE Governance: IP, participation in F2F, etc. Cochairs 9/18/08 OPEN Add Quorum issues to Ray's discussion IP with Didi. Ray will incorporate in Governance and submit to IHE. Also see #57, 64. 64 IP and patent issues - risks to IHE Todd 9/18/08 OPEN What if WG on a Profile runs into an IP or patent issue? Ray will incorporate in Governance and submit to IHE. Also see #57, 63. 70 IEEE MOU Ray 9/18/08 OPEN Concern on two issues: use of IEEE intellectual property, need to establish mechanism to continue and maintain the RTM effort. Manny to ask Elliot for an update, what the cochairs need to do. 71 October F2F Cochairs Manny 9/11/08 OPEN We have approximately 12 coming. Lodging information was sent earlier today. 73 Collaboration with HIBCC - transferred from TC Todd Cochairs and TC 9/11/08 OPEN Todd received material from HIBCC. Todd was told that internationally, GS1 is preferred, while HIBCC is preferred in the US. 74 Clinical Recruitment Ray Cochairs and PC OPEN OPEN
- (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
- (All) Identify invitation opportunities for participation in the October F2F.
- (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
- (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
- (Zambuto) Ray will contact Rick Schrenker re F2F participation. Dr. Mun may attend F2F.
- (Cooper) To contact Rick Schrenker re. profile proposal review.
76 Cochairs Election Preparation Ray Ray, Manny 9/18/08 OPEN Ray will contact three potential PC cochairs and two potential TC cochairs. 77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd 9/18/08 OPEN Todd will monitor and coordinate with HITSP. 78 Foster collaboration with Continua and monitor developments. Coordinate with Didi, Joyce. Sept. 17 Todd Paul 9/18/08 OPEN Paul will do what he can to act as a point of contact to foster communication between PCD and Continua.
HITSP, Continua and PCD were represented on a conference call this morning. There is no agreement on how to encode and send the messages. PCD-01 will be the placeholder construct that will be drafted and discussed at an RMON meeting Tuesday in Chicago. Continua may submit an alternative. Paul will attend. While it may change, having an entry will help to move this forward this year given the upcoming deadlines. Otherwise, it will be tabled for a year. Paul believes that Continua is proceeding assuming that having a coding standard will invite companies to build devices. They also believe that PCD-01 burdens the home hub, but Paul believes that the additional burden will be minimal. Paul also noted that the existence of CCD XHR interface muddied the water. That handles episodic, but not streamed, data. Having a new coding process (Continua’s) will add a burden to the receiving system compared to the use of HL7 ER which is commonly used. It does look like RTM will be acceptable to Continua. Todd asked how to best develop coordination and communication with Continua. Paul suggested that the MOU between IHE and Continua may permit a limited, low cost membership permitting PCD representation at meetings. Another approach is to start with Rosetta. As for joint demonstrations, that may be more difficult since Continua has held several “plug fests” and has the resources to proceed independently, but this may be possible. Todd and Paul will attempt to set up an evening discussion with some Continua members next week during the Vancouver HL7/IEEE meeting for RTM, perhaps RMON. Todd will send an email offering this suggestion to Continua. Ray will suggest Showcase cooperation to Charles. Paul noted that Bridget was on the call and wants to see something come to market. He suggested that it would be helpful to have opinions from multiple enterprise-size healthcare providers.
79 PCD to develop the MOU with Julian. Ken 9/18/08 OPEN To enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU, develop draft.
- Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Manny Furst
- <Adjust table rows per meeting needs>
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Approval of Minutes
3 Action Items Review
- #26: There will be no ICE discussion in Vancouver. Ken will talk with Julian next week.
- Change earlier due dates to Oct. 2
4 Dates of future meetings
- PC, TC: Sept 22 replaces Sept 17, 24; TC Oct. 1, PC Oct. 8, joint Oct. 15
- No PCD cochair next week
5 IHE Board
- Discussion of relationship between Lab and PCD profiles: Todd explained that PCD coordinates with the specialty domains (e.g., imaging) when the subject may be of mutual interest.
Decisions/Issues: September 18
6 White Papers
- White papers for DPI are being considered. They will be helpful in estabishing context for development of specialized profiles. For example, Device Semantic Architecture, Point-of-Care Integration. Ken agreed this is the best way to initiate work in this broad area.
- Todd will review ITI process for white papers; add to PC Action Items with due date Sept. 22
The next meeting will be September 25, 2008: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Cochairs_2008-09-25_Webex There will be no meeting September 18.
Minutes were approved October 2; http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Cochairs_2008-10-02_Webex