PCD Cochairs 2008-09-04 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Thursday, September 4, 2008

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -00:00, New York)>

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

Minutes of August 28, 2008
Action Items
IHE International (IP, quorum, elections)
PCD meeting schedule in October
Other

Attachments / Materials

Minutes of earlier meetings http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Cochairs_2008-08-28_Webex

Action Items Brought Forward

NOTE: The following is old, a placeholder only

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
26 Open discussions on unifying efforts for device interoperability - facility for year 'round lab Ray Ken 9/18/08 OPEN Julian is planning to join the F2F on Thursday morning. A discussion will be held in Vancouver as well, simultaneously with the ICE meeting in Boston. Nothing to report about developing a test lab. A new Action Item, #79, for PCD to develop the MOU that is intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU.
38 Purchasing Guide for PCD Users Elliot 9/18/08 OPEN
55 Showcase vendor display policy Todd Ray, Elliot 9/18/08 OPEN Will include in draft Domain Governance document. Would be best to have in place by the F2F. Todd will develop a Wiki page for discussion, and a vote at the F2F. Also see #57.
57 Develop PCD governance document. Ray Cochairs 9/18/08 OPEN Supplements the IHE governance document (e.g., quorum and non-quorum meetings). See #63, 64. Ray will review ITI document and modify for PCD.
61 Analyze, publish results of survey Ray 9/18/08 OPEN Survey still open.
62 Add Governance page to IHE PCD Wiki Todd 10/16/08 OPEN See #57, ITI as an exemplar; Todd will post before F2F.
63 IHE Governance: IP, participation in F2F, etc. Cochairs 9/18/08 OPEN Add Quorum issues to Ray's discussion IP with Didi. Ray will incorporate in Governance and submit to IHE. Also see #57, 64.
64 IP and patent issues - risks to IHE Todd 9/18/08 OPEN What if WG on a Profile runs into an IP or patent issue? Ray will incorporate in Governance and submit to IHE. Also see #57, 63.
70 IEEE MOU Ray 9/18/08 OPEN Concern on two issues: use of IEEE intellectual property, need to establish mechanism to continue and maintain the RTM effort. Manny to ask Elliot for an update, what the cochairs need to do.
71 October F2F Cochairs Manny 9/4/08 OPEN Need to provide hotel and other logistical information. Manny to send emails to a half dozen or more PCD members to learn if they will attend.
73 Collaboration with HIBCC - transferred from TC Todd Cochairs and TC 9/9/08 OPEN Todd has not received the HIBCC information requested.
74 Clinical Recruitment Ray Cochairs and PC 2008.08.28 OPEN
  • (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
  • (All) Identify invitation opportunities for participation in the October F2F.
  • (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
  • (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
  • (Zambuto/Furst) Ray will contact Rick Schrenker re F2F participation. Dr. Mun may attend F2F.
  • (Cooper) To contact Rick Schrenker re. profile proposal review.
76 Cochairs Election Preparation Ray Ray, Manny 9/18/08 OPEN Ray will contact three potential PC cochairs and two potential TC cochairs.
77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd 9/18/08 OPEN Todd will monitor and coordinate with HITSP.
78 Foster collaboration with Continua and monitor developments. Coordinate with Didi, Joyce. Sept. 17 Todd Paul 9/18/08 OPEN Todd to ask Paul if he would manage coordination with Continua.
79 PCD to develop the MOU with Julian. Ken 9/18/08 OPEN To enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU, develop draft.

Minutes

Participants

Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Ray Zambuto, Manny Furst
Guest: Paul Schluter
Chair: Todd


Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues: Agenda adopted

Action(s):

2 Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues: Minutes of August 28 were approved.

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • 26: no change
  • 73: Todd received material from HIBCC. Todd was told that internationally, GS1 is preferred, while HIBCC is preferred in the US.
  • 74: Change Rick Schrenker contact to Ray.
  • 78: Paul will do what he can to act as a point of contact to foster communication between PCD and Continua.
HITSP, Continua and PCD were represented on a conference call this morning. There is no agreement on how to encode and send the messages. PCD-01 will be the placeholder construct that will be drafted and discussed at an RMON meeting Tuesday in Chicago. Continua may submit an alternative. Paul will attend. While it may change, having an entry will help to move this forward this year given the upcoming deadlines. Otherwise, it will be tabled for a year. Paul believes that Continua is proceeding assuming that having a coding standard will invite companies to build devices. They also believe that PCD-01 burdens the home hub, but Paul believes that the additional burden will be minimal. Paul also noted that the existence of CCD XHR interface muddied the water. That handles episodic, but not streamed, data. Having a new coding process (Continua’s) will add a burden to the receiving system compared to the use of HL7 ER which is commonly used. It does look like RTM will be acceptable to Continua.
Todd asked how to best develop coordination and communication with Continua. Paul suggested that the MOU between IHE and Continua may permit a limited, low cost membership permitting PCD representation at meetings. Another approach is to start with Rosetta. As for joint demonstrations, that may be more difficult since Continua has held several “plug fests” and has the resources to proceed independently, but this may be possible.
Todd and Paul will attempt to set up an evening discussion with some Continua members next week during the Vancouver HL7/IEEE meeting for RTM, perhaps RMON. Todd will send an email offering this suggestion to Continua. Ray will suggest Showcase cooperation to Charles.
Paul noted that Bridget was on the call and wants to see something come to market. He suggested that it would be helpful to have opinions from multiple enterprise-size healthcare providers.
  • 79: no change

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • 78: Todd and Paul will attempt to set up an evening discussion with some Continua members next week. Ray will suggest Showcase cooperation to Charles.
4 Recruiting
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Recruiting: Good call with Cisco regarding their participation in the ACM at the Connectathon and Showcase, with the AM function. They will review the PCD materials and let us know if this is of interest this year.
  • John Hotchkiss is considering AA and AC.

Decisions/Issues: Action(s):

5 Next Meeting
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Sept. 17 TC meeting will be cancelled, The PC and TC will meet jointly on the 23rd, not the 24th, and the meeting on the 1st will be rescheduled to the 30th and will be a PC meeting.

Action(s):

  • Manny will survey members to reschedule the two dates.


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be September 11: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Cochairs_2008-09-11_Webex

Minutes were approved October 2; http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Cochairs_2008-10-02_Webex

PCD Home