PCD Cochairs 2008-07-17 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Thursday, July 17, 2008
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -00:00, New York)>
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Minutes – July 3 (no quorum July 10)
- Action Items
- : AHIC meeting Friday July 11
- : HITSP Public Comments
- Alternate representative to IHE-USA Board
- Preliminary agenda for F2F in order to permit airline reservations
- IHE International (IP, quorum, elections)
- PCD Calendar
Attachments / Materials
- Minutes of earlier meetings http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Cochairs_2008-07-03_Webex
Action Items Brought Forward
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 26 Open discussions on unifying efforts for device interoperability - facility for year 'round lab Ray Ken 7/31/08 OPEN Julian waiting for PCD to describe what we need; PCD waiting for proposal. This needs to be resolved. Todd and/or Ken will talk with Julian next week or early May. 38 Purchasing Guide for PCD Users Elliot 8/14/08 OPEN 55 Showcase vendor display policy Todd Ray, Elliot 7/17/08 OPEN Will include in draft Domain Governance document.
57 Develop PCD governance document. Ray Cochairs 8/14/08 OPEN Supplements the IHE governance document (e.g., quorum and non-quorum meetings). Depends upon Ray's discussion with Didi, see #63, 64. 61 Analyze, publish results of survey Ray 8/7/08 OPEN Survey still open. 62 Add Governance page to IHE PCD Wiki Todd 8/21/08 OPEN See #57, ITI as an exemplar 63 IHE Governance: IP, participation in F2F, etc. Cochairs 7/10/08 OPEN Add Quorum issues to Ray's discussion IP with Didi. Also see #64. 64 IP and patent issues - risks to IHE Todd 9/1/08 OPEN What if WG on a Profile runs into an IP or patent issue? 65 IHE and Continua Cochairs 6/5/08 OPEN Initial MOU exchanged. 66 Recruit clinicians; develop novel ways, attend to their priorities and schedules Cochairs Ongoing OPEN 68 IHE Board - Manny as alternate Ray Manny OPEN Manny to ask Didi if this is acceptable since he is secretariat 69 HITSP Remote Monitoring Public Comment Period Todd Small number of volunteers from PCD TC. 7/10/08 OPEN Manny to survey interested members to set two meetings. 70 IEEE MOU Ray /08 OPEN Concern on two issues: use of IEEE intellectual property, need to establish mechanism to continue and maintain the RTM effort. 71 October F2F Cochairs Manny /08 OPEN Need to provide hotel and other logistical information. Manny to obtain information from Darlene at TIM. 72 Google Groups - can PC, TC roll up to a third? LaVerne to post all PCD Google Groups to IHE table. Manny 7/10/08 OPEN
- Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Ray Zambuto, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Approval of Minutes
Decisions/Issues: Approved minutes of July 3
3 Action Items Review
- #70: HL7 document will be used as template for IEEE consideration. Elliot has arranged for Didi to forward the current HL7 draft to IEEE. The HL7 MOU is complete and signatures are or will be added. The IEEE MOU addresses intellectual property exchanges. Change date to Oct. 1.
During the PCD PC meeting yesterday, Todd noted that PCD has been working closely with 802 community. That meeting was underway in Denver. Elliot, Ricky Hampton, Monroe Pattillo and others were to make a presentation on how PCD activities and their relationship to standards. Decisions/Issues: Action(s):
- #70 date changed to Oct. 1 to coincide with the date in the PC Action Items.
- Todd: AHIC - nothing to add
- Todd: HITSP RMON public comment version - volunteers are developing response, have met and will meet again next week
- Ken: ICE meeting – next one scheduled same day as HL7 meeting. This week's meeting was largely devoted to comments on ballot.
- Manny and Google Groups: to have a single Google Group to reach members of both the PC and TC with one email, would need to set up the third group manually (cannot merge two) or replacing the two with a single group and then identifying the target audience in the subject line.
5 PCD Calendar
- Updated in response to changes.
- Manny to distribute, after learning about dates of Showcase application and deadline.
6 Face to Face Meeting October 21-23
- Agenda should include
- Review of Brief Profile Proposals, including those submitted earlier
- Review of/vote on changes to the existing TF resulting from the public comment versions and comments received.
- PC to address Volume 1, TC to address Volume 2
- PIB extensions remain for PnP and when wireless feed is not available (will need to use locally verifiable data – e.g., mobile devices). May need to be addressed before publication in final TF, but not this cycle. Todd will take questions to IHE Cochairs.
- Outline a proposed PCD HIMSS Showcase Scenario to share with Showcase Planning Committee.
- Consider breakout sessions to outline the Detailed Profile Proposals.
- In preparation for the F2F, place discussion of the PC and TC portions of the agenda on the agenda for the first meetings in September.
- Todd to take questions about including PIB to IHE Cochairs.
Reviewed and approved on August 28: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Cochairs_2008-08-28