PCCTech Tcon 12-02-2009

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Tone Southerland
  • Laura Heermann Langford
  • Jim Grant
  • Laura Bright
  • Lisa Nelson
  • Marcia Veenstra
  • Michael McCoy
  • Peter MacIsaac
  • Jean Millar
  • Janie Bowman Hayes
  • Keith Boone (joined XX:45)
  • Celina Roth

Agenda:

4:00 – 4:10 Chronic Care Workflow

  • Report by Peter MacIsaac
  • Continuting to work on the protocol scope
    • Care Plan and distribution of the care plan and tasks that need to be managed.
    • Tasks that generate referrals
    • Episodes of Care
    • challenges are the mix of summary information with various disparate tasks that may have different owners. Working through the workflow processes
    • Team advised to refer to the care management profile for assistance. Peter reports team has read Care management profile and appears to be nursing oriented in an acute care setting. Current project is looking at different providers across settings. (This matches the original intention of the care management profile which was scaled back to be done in one year). Discussion: Did Peter look at the nursing plan of care instead of the care management profile?
    • Team will share its draft proposal, interactive diagram and components with other PCC members for review - Keith to assist Peter with coordination. Suggest a smaller meeting with Care Management and the Nursing subcommittee to address any potential overlaps and in profiles.
    • Marcia will send Keith an email to set up call with Chronic Care Workflow, Nursing Subcommittee co-chairs and Care Management team members (Laura Bright and Keith Boone)
      • Discussed again when Keith joined call - Call scheduled for Tuesday, December 8, 1pm CST/Wednesday, December 9th, 0600 Australian Eastern Summer Time.

4:10 - 4:20 Nursing e-Summary

  • Report by Marcia Veenstra
  • Reorganization needed for the topic of this year. Marcia and Audrey are working in December to launch the full team in January
  • Team is excited and anxious to have the services of a graduate student from Kansas for awhile. Details are to be determined later this week for this involvement.

4:20 - 4:30 Newborn Discharge Summary

  • Dr Zuckerman unavailable for update

4:30 - 4:40 Postpartum Visit Summary

  • Ann Diamond unavailable for update

4:40 - 4:50 APR/LDR Completion

  • Report from Tone Southerland-
    • Latex allergy details in the APS being addressed and were discussed amongst the team (specifically the management and meaning surrounding negative and unknown)
  • Question: Management regarding attendant codes for deliveries outside of the hospital. Are these non-hospital caregivers included in the picklist for deliveries occuring prior to arrival at hospital? Currently included under "other" and they are not coded. (The data element is included in the CDA header - but has not been addressed specifically by the LDR) the reason this is being asked is due to the NVCHS is asking for that field. IHE does not think they are the body to create and maintain a coded list for this area. If a lists exists for IHE to point to it will be considered. Mike McCoy will take this information back to NCVHS (Michelle Williamson).
  • Team members (Jean/Tone etc) continue to work on and track status of LOINC code submission

4:50 - 5:00 Perinatal Workflow

  • Report from Keith Boone
    • No progress re: Volume 1 text to report at this time.
Meeting Adjourned at 1652 CST