PCCTech Minutes 2012 07 16

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees: Laura Heermann Langford, Laura Bright, Anne Diamond, Tone Southerland, Steve Moore; Vincent Van Pelt, Emma Jones, Denise Downing, Keith Boone, Mauro Zanardini, George Cole, Claudio Saccavini, Thom Kuhn, Charles Parisot,

Call in Attendees: Valentina Ferrarini, Chris Melo, John Donnelly,


eReferral Workflow

  • Overview of Profile provided Mauro
  • Review of comments received. Most comments received from Charles. Some are grammatical, some relate to the use of the template for the profile. 36 comments from Charles. 3 comments from Fourcare, 3 from Kuhn, Changes in profile recommended by Valentina. some of the comments are substantial some are not.
  • Some of the comments from this profile may carryover to the Telehome Monitoring profile as they are very similar in approach, structure and use of concepts.
  • A few of the comments were reviewed in more detail and discussed. Two resulted in the need to discuss with ITI in the joint meeting on Wednesday - a small group (Mauro, Vincent, Laura B) will look at drafting proposed changes for these items prior to the joint meeting for discussion.

Telehome Monitoring Workflow

  • Overview of Profile provided by Valentina
  • Review of comments received. Only two comments received, but acknowledged several of the comments received for eReferral may also apply here. Also acknowledged many of the comments received by may apply to the general headers of the workflow profile template.

Tumor Board Review

  • Overview of Profile provided by Vincent
  • Discussion re: OIDs and codes for dataclass.
  • Discussion re: potential publication schedule. Decided to work on profile this week with goal in mind to have it ready for public comment by the end of this week. Will reach out to Mary and to European connectathon manager to determine what an off cycle public comment period could look like.

Retrieve Clinical Knowledge (Previously known as Request for Clinical Knowledge)

  • Overview of Profile provided by Keith
  • Overview of most of the comments provided with some discussion of a few of them.
  • Goal is to complete review of comments and prep for trial implementation by end of Wednesday this week. Author will be unavailable on Thursday this week.

We have about 60 comments on this profile, made by Karen Witting (IBM), Thom Kuhn (ACP), Guilherme Del Fiol (HL7 CDS Cochair), and the HL7 CDS Workgroup. Comments fell into the following areas:

  1. Overlaps with the HL7 Infobutton Specifications
  2. Inconcistencies with the HL7 SOA Specification
  3. Extend Description of the Three Use Cases or Focus on the first one
  4. Make subTopic optional

We resolved to base the profile on currently balloted Infobutton specifications for the trial implementation, and ensure consistency with the SOA Guide. We will ensure that it moves in the same direction indicated by HL7 CDS for the next release, and will reconcile the final text with the latest version of the CDS Infobutton specifications and guides.

We will proposed updated names for actors and transactions as suggested by commenters or the committee, and propose resolutions to comments consistent with above guidance. These edits will be completed and discussed during Tuesday morning's call.

Nursing Workflow

  • Discussed

Workflow Definition Template

  • Question re: using UML to describe Process Flow in section X.3.1 Use cases. Team agreed that UML should be the modeling method here.
  • Question re: Options - discussed two options are presented by Charles. (a. Don't wrap - de-layer, all different options that you could ever use determined by each workflow. or b. contain options of the workflow definition only, input and output options only). Option B requires a paragraph of general guidance explain the choices that need to be made. Charles will draft the new text to be added for our review tomorrow afternoon.

Obstetrics Profile Changes (Asip Sante’ CNGOF)

  • Charles Rica unavailable at this time. Topic postponed.

Workflow Definition Template

  • Similar issue here to the Options area. Some discussion about section numbering. This is recognized to be in the purview of the document committee and we will defer the renumbering to them.
  • Discussion leads to the title "groupings" is a loose term in this context so the name should still be appropriate for the use here.
  • Further discussion revealed "groupings" is defined correctly and does not need revision.
  • Determined the encoding examples for tasks belong in appendices.
  • Input and Output documents should be named and used as internal references to the same documents throughout the document.
  • Mauro will work with Charles Parisot to make the discussed changes in the master template.

Change Proposal Review

  • Report from Keith - all change proposals assigned to him are not yet completed
  • Lisa and Mary not available for updates on change proposals assigned to them.


  • For CP-111, we agreed to add the following text to the ENS and PPOC Profiles:

We recommend using the SNOMED CT Nursing Value Set when recording nursing problems in entries in the Active Problem section.

Discussion: PPOC allows for problems other than Nursing Problems and which are not included in the Nursing Value Set (e.g., Decubitus Ulcer, Hypertension). We can therefore only recommend use in the nursing context, not require it for all conditions in the Active Problem list.

  • CP-87: Laura and Anne will get the value set agreed to by other content domain experts then make the changes in the profile
  • Anticipate voting on all completed CP's on Thursday