NM Image Cardiac Option FT Evaluation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
NMI with Cardiac Option has been nominated for advancement to Final Text. (Advocate: Steve Nichols) Per the Final Text Process, Items in blue text below warrant Committee discussion.
Technical Committee Checklist
- Are all significant CPs against the profile "closed"
- Yes. All NMI CPs identified and addressed. See CP Tracking Spreadsheet
- Are all significant CPs against the underlying standards "closed"?
- No CPs indicated in trial implementation
- Have all significant comments been CP'd or rejected?
- Have all open issues listed in the Supplement been closed?
- One open issue regarding W/L. See open items in the TI
- Options include
- a. Store W/L in DICOM header
- b. Store in presentation state
- c. Leave W/L up to the Display
- d. Allowing option (c) for now, and add (b) as a named option (either now or at a later point)
- Note 1: TI currently includes (a) (GE implementer has indicated preference for d.)
- Have all significant issues at Connectathon been dealt with?
- The issue at Connectathon has been getting Modality vendors to test. I checked back on NA and EU Connectathons back to 2010 (those are the years where we can examine actual results on Gazelle Test Management vs. the CAT Results DB). In that time, we have not had a NM Modality participate in a CAT
- Has the Connectathon Project Manager been queried and significant issues addressed?
- see above
Technical Committee Consensus
Planning Committee Checklist
- Has the profile been through a Connectathon in at least two regions?
- 2010 - Philips registered as ID with Cardiac NM option - no partner
- 2011 - no registration for this option
- 2012 - Philips registered as ID with Cardiac NM option and *passed* the test instance for this option using test data from DICOM Central Archive https://gazelle.ihe.net/EU-CAT/test.seam?id=147 (i.e. no "live" partner)
- 2013 - 2021- no registration for this option
- 2012 - Philips registered as ID with Cardiac NM option - no partner
- 2013 - 2021 - no registration for this option
- Note: NMI has been tested in Europe and North America.
- 2012 NA 1 Image Display
- 2012 EU 1 Image Display
- 2010 EU 1 Image Display
- Has the profile been successfully tested with all actors at least at one Connectathon?
- No, see above
- Have different implementations of each actor in the profile been tested?
- No, all testing was with the same product
- Have all the options been tested successfully at at least one Connectathon?
- NA (this is an option)
- Are there IHE-provided software testing tools to address all aspects of the profile?
- EVS DICOM validators
- Have the standards underlying the profile been implemented? In similar use cases? In healthcare? In general IT?
- Yes, however, in 2009, ACC released "Key Data Elements and Definitionsfor Cardiac Imaging". This should be discussed within the Technical Committee.
- (Do you have concrete reason to believe that this works robustly in the Real World) / (Are any products available for purchase that implement the profile?)
- Yes, 8 products in IHE Product Registry, (all Philips). AGFA and GE Healthcare products claim the NMI Cardiac Option that are not in the IHE Product Registry.
- Have all issues that may have been raised about the profile been resolved?
- Need to close on open issue regarding W/L
- Has there been sufficient interest in the profile to generate a one-page overview of the profile
- Yes, see Nuclear Medicine Image