MESA/External Report Repository
|The test definitions on this page are RETIRED, but are kept here, for now, as an archive.|
External Report Repository
- 1 External Report Repository Tests
- 2 Individual Tests
- 2.1 External Report Repository Test 1001: Modalities In Study
- 2.2 External Report Repository Test 1002: Related Series/SOP Instances
- 2.3 External Report Repository Test 1003: Other Report Repository Attributes
- 2.4 External Report Repository Test 1004: Report Specific Queries
- 2.5 External Report Repository Test 1011: SR Retrieve
External Report Repository Tests
External Report Repositories are tested in two areas. The MESA software will test C-Find responses and will test the structure of SR objects stored in the repository.
Integration Profiles and Test Procedures
This document lists a number of tests for External Report Repository Systems. You may not be responsible for all of these tests. Please refer to the Connectathon web tool to list the required tests for your system. The web address of this tool depends on the year and project manager. Please contact the appropriate project manager to obtain this information.
These tests will query the External Report Repository for attributes using the DICOM C-Find command. The table below lists the attributes used in the queries.
|Study Date||0008 0020|
|Study Time||0008 0030|
|Accession Number||0008 0050|
|Patient Name||0010 0010|
|Patient ID||0010 0020|
|Study ID||0020 0010|
|Study Instance UID||0020 000D|
|Modalities in Study||0008 0061|
|Referring Physician's Name||0008 0090|
|Patient's Birth Date||0010 0030|
|Patient's Sex||0010 0040|
|Number of Study Related Series||0020 1206|
|Number of Study Related Instances||0020 1208|
|Series Number||0020 0011|
|Series Instance UID||0020 000D|
|Number of Series Related Instances||0020 1209|
|Request Attribute Sequence||0040 0275|
|>Requested Procedure ID||0040 1001|
|>Scheduled Procedure Step ID||0040 0009|
|Performed Procedure Step Start Date||0040 02444|
|Performed Procedure Step Start Time||0040 0245|
|Composite Object Instance Level|
|Image Number||0020 0013|
|SOP Instance UID||0008 0018|
|SOP Class UID||0008 0016|
|SR Specific Attributes|
|Completion Flag||0040 A491|
|Verification Flag||0040 A493|
|Content Date||0008 0023|
|Content Time||0008 0033|
|Observation Date Time||0040 A032|
|Verifying Observer Sequence||0040 A073|
|>Verifying Organization||0040 A027|
|>Verification Date Time||0040 A030|
|>Verifying Observer Name||0040 A075|
|>Verifying Observer Identification Code Sequence||0040 A088|
|Referenced Request Sequence||0040 A370|
|>Study Instance UID||0020 000D|
|>Accession Number||0008 0050|
|>Requested Procedure ID||0040 1000|
|Requested Procedure Code Sequence||0032 1064|
|>> Code Value||0008 0100|
|>>Coding Scheme Designator||0008 0102|
|>>Code Meaning||0008 0104|
|Concept Name Code Sequence||0040 A043|
|>Code Value||0008 0100|
|>Coding Scheme Designator||0008 0102|
|>Coding Scheme Version||0008 0103|
|>Code Meaning||0008 0104|
The External Report Repository scripts described below use an ASCII configuration file to identify parameters such as host names and port numbers. The configuration file is named ext_repos_test.cfg and is included in the directory $MESA_TARGET/mesa_tests/rad/actors/ext_rpt_repos. Edit the file and change entries (host name, port number) which pertain to your system. Your system is identified by entries that begin with TEST. The file $MESA_TARGET/runtime/wkstation/ds_dcm.cfg is used to configure the MESA Report Reader. The only parameter users should change is the LOG_LEVEL value. Log levels are defined in section 1.5. DICOM configuration parameters are listed in the table below.
|MESA Report Reader||WORKSTATION1||3001|
Read the Runtime Notes section of the Installation Guide to determine the proper settings for the MESA runtime environment.
Starting the MESA Servers
These instructions assume you are using a terminal emulator on Unix systems or an MS DOS command window under Windows NT. Each test uses a command line interface; there is no graphical user interface. Before you start the test procedure, you need to start the MESA Report Reader. Make sure the appropriate database is running (PostgreSQL, SQL Server). To start the MESA servers:
1. Enter the External Report Repository exam folder: mesa_tests/rad/actors/ext_rpt_repos
2. Execute the appropriate script to start the servers:
When you are finished running one or more tests, you can stop the servers:
Log files are stored in $MESA_TARGET/logs.
Submission of Results
Test descriptions below inform the reader to “submit results to the Project Manager”. This is does not mean “email”. The current submission process should be documented by the Project Manager, but will not include emailing files directly to the Project Manager.
External Report Repository Test 1001: Modalities In Study
The DICOM attribute 0008 0061 is named “Modalities in Study”. The 801 series tests will send four Study Level queries to the Report Repository and query on this attribute. The table below lists the four queries (a-d) and the values used for matching key. For the a query, the attribute 0008 0061 is sent as zero length, so this becomes a return key.
|Query||Value for Attribute 0008 0061|
1. Start the MESA servers as decribed in Starting the MESA Servers.
2. Clear your repository of any objects that are not SR objects. Place other objects that should be tested in your repository.
3. Run the script which sends three queries to your External Report Repository. The one argument to the script is the Patient ID of a patient you select with appropriate test data.
perl 1001/1001_rptrepos.pl <patient ID>
1. Evaluate the response of your system to queries a, b, and c:
External Report Repository Test 1002: Related Series/SOP Instances
These tests query Report Repositories for DICOM attributes Number of Study Related Series, Number of Study Related SOP Instances.
1. Start the MESA servers as decribed in Starting the MESA Servers.
2. You may use the same SR objects as with test 1001 (or load your repository with different objects).
3. Run the script which sends one query to your External Report Repository. The one argument to the script is the Patient ID of a patient you select with appropriate test data.
perl 1002/1002_rptrepos.pl <patient ID>
1. Evaluate the response of your system:
External Report Repository Test 1003: Other Report Repository Attributes
External Report Repository Test 1004: Report Specific Queries
External Report Repository Test 1011: SR Retrieve
This test will retrieve SR objects according to a Patient ID specified by you. Each object will be evaluated for “compliance with TID 2000”. The phrase “compliance with TID 2000” is stated in quotes because the tests are simplistic and are not meant to imply that your SR object is totally compliant the DICOM Supplement 53 and TID 2000.
1. Start the MESA servers as described in Starting the MESA Servers.
2. You may use the same SR objects as with test 1001/1002 (or load your repository with different objects).
3. Run the script which sends C-Find and C-Move commands to your External Report Repository. The one argument to the script is the Patient ID of a patient you select with appropriate test data.
perl 1011/1011_rptrepos.pl <patient ID>
1. Evaluate the response of your system
perl 1011/eval_1011.pl <patient ID>