Lab Conf Minutes 12August2014

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to IHE Laboratory Domain

Back to IHE Laboratory Technical Committee Page


Name Organization
Francois Macary (Technical Co-chair) ASIP Santé
Riki Merrick (Planning Co-Chair) Vernetzt, LLC
Ed Heierman Abbott
Dmytro Rud Roche
Jamel Giuma Sunquest
Dilip Jha Siemens
James Wulkan Beckman Coulter
James Harrison, MD FCAP University of Virginia
Carolyn Knapik (Secretary) CAP




IICC booth at AACC:  

  • IICC submitted abstract on LAW work and showed the poster;
  • No demo this time, had less traffic, but talked to a lot of consulting companies to IVD development work;
  • May be we see these consultants at the connectathon in North America – one vendor had HL7 library


Update on IICC coordination with CLSI

  • Will submit work to shareholder council in September or December, before we would need to form the documentation committee – would use LAW as basis – Ed to work with Dave Sterr To start work on this early next year, which would align with publication of LAW into the Technical Framework in March 2015; and
  • Serge Jonnaert (IICC Chief Marketing Officer – former BioRad) met with CLSI and IHE USA on marketing opportunities – all 3 organizations could make announcements about LAW profile

Status of LAW CPs

  • Have 7 or 8 CP that are close to being completed – will review (ACTION)
  • LAW wiki page: <a href=""></a>
  • Section 9 = Proposed Changes:
    • CPs for 9.5 – 9.6 and 9.8 - 9.10 have been completed, or we review today
    • 9.1 and 9.4 should be ready to review by next meeting (minor; length we have discussed in detail before, but have to write up the annotations in the profile, standardized image should be working on soon) then in October do final review of the annotated document.
    • CP – please review and submit comments on any of the completed CPs = 216, 220, 221, 222, 224, 225 and 227
      • #223: Expanded the queries by 3 new queries: by rack, by tray, by isolate; Can we combine by rack (uses 4 and 5) and by tray (uses 6 and 7) into a single query – create profile identifiers for these – mock up this for the profile CP to show what this would look like in the final document, if using profiles.
      • Include additional information at end of QPD section or under expected actions or in the profile section – TBD.
      • #226: Result Identification – OBX-7, OBX-8, OBX-11, OBX-16, OBX-18, OBX-19 should be the same? For supplemental results we don’t care about OBX-7 is reference range, so that could be different; OBX-11, OBX-19 (raw result, interpretation and quantitative are the real results) - will be using the term of related results rather than result fragments. Take off OBX-7 and OBX-8, but leave the remainder – add OBX-4, since all should be part of the same run.
      • Ed will remove observation fragment and change to related observations of the same run.
      • #228: Pool size - if analyzer supports pooling option, then pool size should also be required – if pool size is set to 1, then no pooling allowed.
      • In LAB-28 we have TCD segments in related results as well as in AWOS submission requests – this applies ONLY to a particular segment group = Order group in a AWOS LAB-28, not the Results_Prior Group
      • No need for the predicate for this profile option – take out. Dmytro to update accordingly.
      • Resolve comments with LAW CPs ready to Publish


    • Tentative HL7/IHE for 9/12/2014 – IHE world summit has been canceled, so now no longer
    • Update on F2F date time (Carolyn) Nov 10-12 are good – IHE lab and IHE AP simultaneously at these dates, hosting at hotel near O’Hare Airport to reduce travel time; will create some joint sessions that way; and
    • Announcement: HL7 Ballot is now open – has two lab related guides up for ballot – LRI and LOI – for US realm…
    • HL7 5/10 – 5/15 is in Paris – combine with IHE Lab? But need to discuss, because next time would be in Japan…

Call adjourned 12:04 PM EDT

Next Call

Next call is 9/2/2014