Lab Conf Minutes 08July2014

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to IHE Laboratory Domain

Back to IHE Laboratory Technical Committee Page


Name Organization
Riki Merrick (Planning Co-Chair) Vernetzt, LLC
Laurent Lardin bioMérieux
Allesandro Sulis CRS4
Dmytro Rud Roche
Joanna Selinsky Beckman Coulter
John Hopson Abbott
Carolyn Knapik (Secretary) CAP

Regrets: Ed, Francois


Technical discussion on CPs for LAW profile (Ed), 45'

  • CP_LAB_225_OBR fields:
    • Add OBR-16.1 and the related assigning authority;
    • Beckman Coulter originally wanted to have additional fields in OBR, that we are now using OBX segments for that warrant _ OBX-29 thought we had this mandatory, will need to check that this the latest version and update via goggle groups with the final decision on usage for OBX-29; and
    • Beckman Coulter will use OBX for diagnosis from AM to A and values they an report back up as SCI.
  • CP_LAB_223_SpecimenInfo to Query- Extend the query from Analyzer to AM, extend the way we can query:
    • 4 new queries;
    • Allow use of SAC-4 field for query to have the link to the parent ID of the container;
    • How do we identify the query options in MSH-21? Need to discuss this a little further – idea use the profile ID to identify the specific;
    • May need to define error conditions, when the message does not conform to the profile – for now these are just identified for the connectathon; and
    • ACTION ITEM: Present how profiles work and how they could apply to the current set up in LAW documents – (Riki)
    • Explained how LAW identifies the RUNS and re-runs – each run had its own order number;
    • Cannot enforce the usage of C(RE/X), since SPM-11 allows for use of local codes


Other Topics? – News about CPs on LBL profile based on chapter 13

  • Comments and suggestions received were agreed. ACTION ITEM: need to update google groups for review on next call;
  • Comment about the SAC-26 field – this field should be providing the LBL transactions with information about the tube – the condition described here really means it’s usage is R for the messages where it is used (page 4); and
  • Possibly consider using the v2.7 description for the conditional in this proposal.

Housekeeping & announcements (Riki, Carolyn, François), 5'

  • F2F date will be November 11-12 in Deerfield, IL. Still waiting for word from IHE AP re: joint F2F meeting;
  • The HL7 WGM will be held in Chicago September 13 – 18, 2014 – there is a new IHE- HL7 collaboration WG in the process of forming – Riki will email details to the google groups on the proposed meeting time (comes from the IHE Domain Committee Coordination Call)

Call adjourned at 11:48 AM EDT

Next Call

Next call is 8/12/2014