Lab Conf Minutes 08July2014
Back to IHE Laboratory Domain
|Riki Merrick (Planning Co-Chair)||Vernetzt, LLC|
|Joanna Selinsky||Beckman Coulter|
|Carolyn Knapik (Secretary)||CAP|
Regrets: Ed, Francois
Technical discussion on CPs for LAW profile (Ed), 45'
- CP_LAB_225_OBR fields:
- Add OBR-16.1 and the related assigning authority;
- Beckman Coulter originally wanted to have additional fields in OBR, that we are now using OBX segments for that warrant _ OBX-29 thought we had this mandatory, will need to check that this the latest version and update via goggle groups with the final decision on usage for OBX-29; and
- Beckman Coulter will use OBX for diagnosis from AM to A and values they an report back up as SCI.
- CP_LAB_223_SpecimenInfo to Query- Extend the query from Analyzer to AM, extend the way we can query:
- 4 new queries;
- Allow use of SAC-4 field for query to have the link to the parent ID of the container;
- How do we identify the query options in MSH-21? Need to discuss this a little further – idea use the profile ID to identify the specific;
- May need to define error conditions, when the message does not conform to the profile – for now these are just identified for the connectathon; and
- ACTION ITEM: Present how profiles work and how they could apply to the current set up in LAW documents – (Riki)
- Explained how LAW identifies the RUNS and re-runs – each run had its own order number;
- Cannot enforce the usage of C(RE/X), since SPM-11 allows for use of local codes
Other Topics? – News about CPs on LBL profile based on chapter 13
- Comments and suggestions received were agreed. ACTION ITEM: need to update google groups for review on next call;
- Comment about the SAC-26 field – this field should be providing the LBL transactions with information about the tube – the condition described here really means it’s usage is R for the messages where it is used (page 4); and
- Possibly consider using the v2.7 description for the conditional in this proposal.
Housekeeping & announcements (Riki, Carolyn, François), 5'
- F2F date will be November 11-12 in Deerfield, IL. Still waiting for word from IHE AP re: joint F2F meeting;
- The HL7 WGM will be held in Chicago September 13 – 18, 2014 – there is a new IHE- HL7 collaboration WG in the process of forming – Riki will email details to the google groups on the proposed meeting time (comes from the IHE Domain Committee Coordination Call)
Call adjourned at 11:48 AM EDT
Next call is 8/12/2014