IHE Testing and Tools Committee Teleconference Minutes 2008-06-02

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Didi Davis, HIMSS
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo, RSNA
  • Cor Loef, Philips Medical Systems
  • Joan McMillen, RSNA
  • David Monteau, INRIA
  • Steve Moore, Mallinckrodt Institute
  • Chris Carr, RSNA


Minutes

  • Review contributor agreements published with change notation
    • Ready to present to Board for approval
      • Include license and contributors agreements
      • Made some modifications to the readme file to indicate the importance of corporate members agreeing to licensing restrictions
    • Action Item: Steve Moore will add a few descriptive sentences about the licensing choice to accompany contributors agreement
  • Review process for software contributions with review by Eric/Steve
    • Two models: authorized contributors only vs. allow contributions from a broader group and then evaluate their contributions after the fact
    • Steve Moore has developed a draft document for Eric to review which follows the latter model
    • Action Item: Eric and Steve will update their draft and submit to the TnT Committee for review on June 16 tcon
  • Charter Document
    • Should committee representatives be required to represent member organizations?
      • Yes, but also keep permanent seats for Connectathon organizers
      • Should Connectathon organizers be effectively required to contribute to tools development? Yes, they are already required to do so in governance document.
      • Membership section needs to better distinguish sponsors from software contributors; needs also to describe special role of Nat/Reg committees and requirement that they contribute to tools development
    • Technical Management Group
      • Should it be appointed by Testing and Tools Committee? Yes, but they are also contracted by sponsors.
      • David M proposes the model be that managers of each approved software development project (currently Gazelle is the only one) be approved by TnT to join TMG
      • TMG should include only the managers of the software development process
      • Action Item: Chris Carr will revise membership sections (1.2); David will revise sections on TMG (1.3); jointly they will send the document to the group for review on the June 16 tcon
  • Agenda Items for 2008-06-16 Tcon
    • Discuss outcomes of Board review of licensing/contributor agreement
    • Review document describing software contribution process
    • Review refined draft of Charter agreement
    • Steve and Lynn will prepare proposal on method of reporting Connectathon results (regarding trial implementation vs. final text profiles)


Testing and Tools Committee