IHE Testing and Tools Committee Teleconference Minutes 2008-05-12

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Chris Carr, RSNA
  • Didi Davis, HIMSS
  • Bill Majurski, NIST
  • Joan McMillen, RSNA
  • Steve Moore, MIR

Minutes

Contributor Agreements

  • Reviewed version prepared by Steve Moore with change notation to show divergence from base Apache 2.0 contributions
    • Substantive difference is elimination of clause about contributions of third-party software; clause is unnecessary because any addition of third-party software to the project code will be made by the Technical Management Group and not other contributors
  • Is it necessary to have separate agreement documents for entities and corporations? Possible to eliminate entities agreement?
  • Action: Committee members will consult their organizations about whether separate agreements are necessary
  • Final versions of agreements will be clean documents, but will point to marked up version of Apache 2.0 license for reference
  • Action: Committee to develop package for Board approval on June 12 tcon to include license and contributor agreements with rationale for selection

Process for Software Contributions

  • Steve and Eric developing document to describe procedures for checking in and approving code
  • Two models: Moderated check-in where all code is scrutinized before becoming part of base vs. enabling trusted contributors to check-in on their own
  • Action: Steve and Eric will submit draft for review on May 19 Testing and Tools Committee Tcon

Committee Charter

  • Need an enhanced version of the committee responsibilities language from the governance document to use as committee charter
  • Add more detail about membership procedures, signing of contributor agreement
  • Add description of the relationship between TMG and rest of committee
  • Action: Chris Carr will add some additional language to governance description of committee responsibilities and distribute for review

Tools inventory

  • Reviewed [[Implementation#Test_Tools| Test Tools] section of Implementation Page
  • Need to get complete information on tools from Canada Health Infoway, OFFIS and Northwestern
  • Action: Bill Majurski updating NIST XDS tools pages
  • Adding contact info (perhaps disguised to attract less spam) is a useful item
  • Action: Chris Carr will ask NU, CHI and OFFIS to update the information on their tool sets

Next Tcon

  • Monday, May 19, 8:45am CDT
  • Agenda Items:
    • Vote whether "Entities" Agreement is Necessary
    • Review Technical Procedure for Submissions
    • Review Draft Charter Language
    • Discuss responsibilities for preparing package for Board review

Testing and Tools Committee