IHE Radiology Tech Comm Work Continuation - Proposal
1. Proposed Workitem: IHE Rad Tech Comm 2014-2015 Work Continuation Proposal
- Proposal Editor: Teri Sippel Schmidt/Karos Health firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editor: several - per existing profiles
- Date: N/A (Wiki keeps history)
- Version: N/A (Wiki keeps history)
- Domain: Radiology
2. The Problem
The 2014-2015 Cycle was a trying year for the IHE Radiology Technical Committee, I think everyone can agree on that. As a matter of fact, I believe the only work item which was fully, successfully completed on schedule was the WIC profile.
For a slew of reasons not worth reviewing, there is a significant amount of 2014-2015 work that still needs to be completed and is going to roll into the 2015-2016 cycle. The purpose of this work item is to acknowledge that this work still exists, to agree that we would like to complete this work, to enumerate it, and, if so, to assess the amount of time required.
I believe that this currently includes:
- a.) complete IHE Rad RRR-WF: finish reviewing all public comments, publish for TI
- b.) complete IHE Rad CDS important, outstanding CPs and create new CPs which are a result of the IHE GAO public comment review including new appendix and mapping table; review additional public comments which came in after TI (approximately 20+); acknowledge that the rate of CPs will be high and will need to be addressed quickly; new CMS clarifications are supposed to be coming out soon which will result in yet more CPs
- c.) complete Japanese National Extensions review and publication
- The Value Statement is that we finish what we started.
3. Key Use Case
See each profile.
4. Standards and Systems
See each profile.
For a variety of reasons, again not worth reviewing, it could be argued that the IHE Rad TC initial analysis of effort was insufficient last year. Need to make sure that we allot time to complete these efforts this year and do not repeat.