IHE Lab Tech Minutes 10/19/2010

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to IHE Laboratory Domain

Back to IHE Laboratory Technical Committee Page

Attendees

  • Sondra Renly (IBM, IHE Technical Committee Co-chair)
  • Francois Macary (ASIP Sante, IHE Planning Committee Co-chair)
  • Andrea Pitkus (CAP, IHE Laboratory Secretary)
  • Ed Heierman (Abbott)
  • Jean-Christophe Hurpeau (bioMerieux)
  • Jean Benech (bioMerieux)
  • Bill Williams (Abbott)
  • Naomi Ishii (Hitachi)
  • Daniel Moncusi (Systelab Technologies)
  • J. Tresserres (Systelab Technologies)
  • Filip Migom (MIPS)
  • Rob Bush (Orchard Software)

Minutes

1. XD Lab Change Proposal

  • Sondra has been working on the edits and it will be posted to the Google Groups mailing list and the wiki. It will be shared with Keith Boone and Austin for their feedback. It should be complete by Friday. Sondra will also let the IHE Connectathon lab attendees know of this CP.

2. CP's

  • In Progress CPs are reviewed on the wiki. Francois emailed a CP this am.
  • The SPM-14 Incoming CP has been withdrawn.
  • Filip: In Progress CPs. Will meet soon with Joost and Peter. This will be a separate call. Andrea and Sabrina will work on scheduling this in 2 weeks.
  • Francois and Sondra are happy with the CPs.

3. Face to Face Action Items

  • Refer to Face to Face Action Items.

4. HL7 Orders and Observations Meeting

  • HL7 (Hans Buitendijk): Hans understood the rational for the selection of V2.x. He advised to select the newest V2, which may be 2.7 to be released next January or May. Enhancements would benefit the IHE profiles. 2.7 may have some messages slightly modified, but closer to how v3 would have them performed. . O&O materials (Ch 4&7) have passed the ballot and won’t be affected by further ballots of this release.
  • Does the standard apply to blood banking world? Yes, recognizing that additional criteria exist in the US. Blood components and test instrumentation? This is just running the blood bank tests (ABO group, …) itself. Messaging shouldn’t be impacted as it’ll be treated like any instrument reporting results. Are the companies in this domain represented on IICC? It’s thought so.

Possible Topics for Next Meeting

  • Documentation for ID specimen container, position, and time.

Action Items

  • François to send the draft LAW supplement to Jean. Jean will share it in Google Docs with the members of the Google Group.
  • Complete Minutes and update attendee list from Face to Face minutes (Andrea/Sabrina)
  • Update Roster's (Techinical and Planning Committee's) Single Roster share by both committee's is fine with chair's (Andrea/Sabrina)


Next Call/Meeting

The next IHE lab call will be held on Monday November 8, 2010 from 9-10am Eastern Standard Time (US- New York City).