IHE Lab Meeting Minutes 07/9/2013
IHE Lab Meeting Minutes Draft
July 9, 2013
Attendees: Francois Macaray, Laurent Lardin, Jim Harrison, Mary Kennedy, Anna Orlova, Alessandro Sulis, Andrzej Knafel, Celina Roth, Daniel Moncusi, Ed Heierman, Harry Solomon, Daniel Nebot
Ccurrent CP for Law Updates:
- Have about 10 CPs in final form almost ready to post for voting
- There is a second round of CPs – includes Laurent and Francois working on additional example on microbiology workflow
- Current batch does not seem to include anything in regards to storage of bulk results as primary observations in a separate repository
- LAW has transactions for carrying – have not yet defined actors like bulk results storage – use RP data type in the message; Additional CP – CP-199 includes the vocabulary for RP
- Do we want to make it a named option to encourage analyzers to include the RP datatype; in CP 199 is for supplemental images vs. main results
- Andrej has a use case – anatomical pathology results – flow cytometry and genetic testing could have similar situation.
- Ed will try to complete the final CPs left over
- Harry to write the CP – expect the analyzer manager to be able to handle RP results
- Ed will send updated version of CP-199 onto the FTP server – there is CP-200 that has the table for result data types
LAB Contribution to IHE international Glossary:
- Domain Coordination Committee is building a consolidated glossary, which has prompted them to request some corrections on Lab glossary.
- Francois made corrections -created a new CP LAB TF
- LAW profile also introduced corrections to the glossary.
2013 Publication Plans for ILW and LAW Supplements, LAB TF 5.0:
- LAW and ILW Supplements were to be published 6/25/2013 – had to be adjusted for the end of August.
- TF may be published in early October. May have to adjust TF example that validate in Gazelle – need to write new.
- Alessandro to check the wiki page for CPs for TF. If some are missing, he will write missing CP’s.
- Talked to patient care workgroup, who defined a REL segment – had gathered feedback from OO listserve – REL establishes relationships has target and instance identifier – can link the order to the result or the order to the order that is supposed to be replaced; move most of the LCC into the REL segment
- Jim worked through, but it doesn’t seem to work too well – need the order control code change reason, which is missing in REL; Jim will discuss at next OO conference call.
- Will propose to retain the approach we have already – the segment has a field for a timeframe for the relationship – so no need to make changes to the TQ1 segment.
- REL was invented for something like this, but has no use case to date - LLC may be the first use case.
- LCC may be main topic for face to face in Tokyo to review the LLC specification
Recent & Upcoming Events: Plan to Cultivate More Representatives/Vendors at Connectathons:
- Plan to have the LAW tested at next North American Connectathon – use the upcoming events (AACC and IHE Lab webinar) to recruit more vendors.
- Tested at Bern Connectathon 2012 – took that feedback and review of other implementers, working through several CPs – covering micro and hematology topics – hope to get repeat participants from Bern and add more vendors
- Have been in contact with Sunquest and hope that they will participate in Connectathon 2014 – possibly also Becton Coulter
- IICC has booth at AACC in Houston, includes connectivity demonstrations, – show off order manager, Gazelle and other IHE tools
- May be possible to get the Gazelle to give output of vendors that tested LAW to encourage them to test and participate in North American Connectathon.
- Will IHE Lab be interested in doing direct audience webinars to new vendors – may be possible at AACC and later at a concentrated webinar for new vendors.
- There are a lot of initiatives in the US that are interested in Lab – focus on new vendors – lab domain leaders talk about interoperability in the domain – tie that into the connectathon and how to test the profiles to improve – IHE USA can host and talk about the connectathon, will need lab domain content .
- IHE lab Domain plans to have a webinar on July 24– will include LAW
- Celina IHE USA to detail ideas on webinar in email and send to group via Lab Google group - all members may respond
- IHE Lab will decide who can be available for the webinar
- Ed will talk with Jean Raymond and Eric Olsen - to discuss existing lab domain status; set up as a joint IICC and IHE webinar
Next face to face meeting In Tokyo: Meeting details are on Google groups. Meeting to be held at JAHIS
- Refining testing scenarios for LAW profiles – have first set of examples used in Bern at connectathon – these need to get updated
Latest HLF (user defined)Table 0078: Table 78 terms have been finalized – v2 and v3 harmonization
- Comments to comments on CP-200 – some of the definitions are more specific in the supplement vs what HL7 name reads
- Ed will review the final table, and see, if we need to align – not sure we need to change the descriptions
- OO still needs resolution for the dash – is on the agenda for the OO call this week
XD-LAB’s National Extensions DMP – France, ELGA – Austria, ehealthsuisse – Switzerland: Discussion Deferred Lab Report Repository: Discussion Deferred
- Wiki technical issue: please set the agenda page in line of the next call rather than the previous call
- Anatomic pathology domain is having F2F 8/5 and 8/6 in Paris – Lab is welcome to join; if you are interested, send email to Mary and she will forward the information about the meeting
- Remark to OO call: No one was interested in the lab domain to move a change proposal from Alessandro, we need more folks to participate – this week, can more folks be on?
Next Call: August 13th – Francois not available – check with Sondra and we will email the next date