IHE Lab Meeting Minutes 07/05/2011

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to IHE Laboratory Domain

Back to IHE Laboratory Technical Committee Page

Attendees

  • Francois Macary (ASIP Sante, IHE Planning Committee Co-chair)
  • John Ritter (College of American Pathologists, IHE Lab Domain Secretary) jritter@cap.org
  • Jim Harrison,MD, PhD (CAP, University of Virginia)
  • Daniel Moncusi (Systelab Technologies)
  • Alessandro Sulis (CRS4, Italy – Sardinia)
  • Riccardo Triunfo

Minutes

1. Welcome

2. Approval of minutes from 21 June 2011 call- Approved without objection.

3. Secretariat Transition and Call Time Change

A. Proposed to meet at 9:00 AM Eastern U.S. (to accommodate Sondra who is the regular leader of these calls)
B. Hoping that Japan members can still participate.

4. Annual Board Report

A. Karen Witting developed the Annual Board Report in June 2011; the report was completed by François, and then submitted to the Domain Coordination Committee and was accepted. It then went to the IHE Board.
B. Francois will send the Report to the Secretary, who will make it available to the Committee via the GoogleGroup site.

5.(MOVED) Annual IHE ITI Liaison Report

A. Karen Witting (the IHE Lab Domain’s Liaison to the ITI Domain) will join us on 19 July 19 2011.
B. Does the IHE Lab Domain need new features or profiles from the ITI Domain? (Probably not, but Karen will update us.) Committee members are invited to offer comments/suggestions.

6. Election of our Board Representative

A. Election of the IHE Lab Domain’s representative to the IHE Board will occur during the Tokyo f2f meeting. We must identify candidates before that time.
B. John Ritter volunteered to serve as Board Representative (and received approval from CAP). John proposes to be the temporary LAB representative to the board, until the election takes place. The attendees welcome this proposal.

7. Dates for our Education Webinar

A. Francois will verify the proposed dates of the Webinar and will be the presenter of the LAB domain at this Webinar.

8. Incoming Change Proposals

A. Two CP have been finalized and offered to the Technical co-chair (Sondra). The intent is to have these CPs submitted to ballot end of July 2011.
B. Another CP has been received. Francois has assigned it to himself and finalized it. He sends it to Sondra today. Therefore, the IHE Lab Domain will likely be able to ballot all three CPs end of this month (July 2011).

9. Domain Proposals Update

A. Alessandro submitted a new Supplement proposal (which was posted on the GoogleGroup site).
B. Please send comments via GoogleGroup email before next call (19 July 2011).
C. Then we will take a formal vote on this proposal and any other received before 7 July 2011.
D. If approved, we can begin planning the work-effort. The first results of that work can be discussed at the f2f meeting in Tokyo in September 2011.
E. Alessandro: Is pleased that the Committee received the document and is anticipating a discussion of the Committee’s comments during the upcoming 19 July 2011 conference call.
F. Alessandro Sulis and Ricardo Triunfo will be the main editors of the proposed Supplement. Francesca Frexia (CRS4) intends to join the GoogleGroup.

10. Other business

A. LAW Profile: no report apart from: Business Object spreadsheet (aligns various business objects with HL7 segments). Francois offered some suggestions of changes to Ed Heierman and the LAW Vol2 team, via email on 2011-07-05.

11. Adjournment- The meeting adjourned at 8:45 AM Eastern U.S.

Next Call/Meeting

Next regularly scheduled IHE lab call will be held on Tuesday, July 19, 2011 from 9:00-10:00 AM (Eastern Time, NYC)